British Grand Prix

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Steve Wilson
Steve Wilson

Had an awesome weekend and it was a great race. Kimi did a sterling job upfront running heavier in the stints and putting the laps in when it counted. Massa was fantastic to get up to 5th but Kubica was also good managing to resist his challenges for a good 10 or so laps.

Here are just one or two photos out of the 500 or so me and my dad took over the course of the weekend, might get a few more good ones up some other time.

waynes
waynes

cheers steve

that spyker, what corner is that from?

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Congratulations to all the Kimi and Ferrari fans on his win. It's nice to see a tighter fight for the points.
Many drivers did very well, but the two that amazed me was Massa and KUbica. Massa for not giving up at all and securing as much points as possible. And Kubica, amazing how well he has done since his horrific crash in Montreal. He has the temperamant all teams desire. Get in a bad crash, all he wants to do is get back in the car and race. In fact, Kubica has suddenly started to out-perform his teammate in the last two races.

fraggle

blinding weekend.. the best ever..

over 500 photos to go through and i'm deciding which ones I'm putting up.. but this is where my pics from the weekend are...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/renault_fr ... 734964545/

although this is my favourite one at the minute..

Steve Wilson
Steve Wilson

waynes wrote:cheers steve

that spyker, what corner is that from?
I believe it was on the exit of Copse, it's a shame I was zoomed in a little too far not to be able to fit the whole car on...

Tp
Tp

That's what we need on this site, a place where members can upload their pictures from GPs, in a database, separate from the forum.

Saribro
Saribro

Tp wrote:That's what we need on this site, a place where members can upload their pictures from GPs, in a database, separate from the forum.
Will you pay for the hosting+bandwidth? :)
If people just consistently put their stuff on flickr and similar services and link from here, perhaps just a database of those links would be sufficient?

Fan Solo
Fan Solo

I reeled off about 700 over the 3 days & flickr seems to be the answer imo, its easy enough to set up a F1 technical group & if we all tag properly it should be easy to find anything specific.

Heres an early effort of Sato thru Becketts

MMIAFN

fraggle

its possible to get a group set up on flickr. also you could set it up so thats its by invite only which would just retain it for members of f1.technical?

you don't have to load in any photos either if you want to be a part of it. you can sign up for free accounts which is what a few of my friends have done who i keep in touch with through there.

i know a few other forums have done this. and its worked for them.

.... fan solo .. so who are you on flickr..?? would be good to add you as a contact :D

dumrick
dumrick

I could contribute with a few pictures of this year's Monaco GP, also :!:

Fan Solo
Fan Solo

fraggle wrote:.... fan solo .. so who are you on flickr..?? would be good to add you as a contact :D
Hey Fraggle, Just added you as a contact, busy editing my shots as we speak!! this is the serious bind of digital photography!! why did I ever buy 4GB CF cards!! lol

Another shot of a Super Aguri :)

Iwas really hoping for another giant killing performance from Taku & Ant but I guess I will have to wait until the Nurburgring

MMIAFN

fraggle

Fan Solo - I know what you mean.. As for cards.. I use 3 1GB and 1 512 MB. Much easier.. Just added you as a contact..