Silverstone WILL host British Grand Prix

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Re: Silverstone WILL host British Grand Prix

The stadium section is being done away with because its not due to attendance figures, you can get up to 12-17% more seats in that config, as well as the high ticket price areana getting new stands, meaning more money for the BRDC in the long term.

Also it could be to get the lap time up to arround the 1:35.000 mark, as current development on cars means that the race will be just under the 1 hour 20 mark, with 1:35, the race could be arround the 1 hour 38 mark. More racing for the spectator.

So its more Win-Win for all.

Scotracer
Scotracer

I'll miss Bridge, but it hasn't been the same since they added the chicane at Abbey. Priory is a bitch of a corner too - a real challenge.
Powertrain Cooling Engineer

FW17

Poor Construction or what?

the roof blew off

SectorOne

Oh sure it was the wind....let me guess? The building woke up in 95 speaking Italian as well? I mean these conspiracy theories are going way too far.
And then you hear these reports saying it was "sedated" i mean seriously.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Gaz.
Gaz.

WilliamsF1 wrote:Poor Construction or what?

the roof blew off

https://joesaward.files.wordpress.com/2 ... -15-29.png
I'm not surprised! I've got a tree down, my garage door was blown in and off its runners and a 60 year old featherboard fence carked it this morning too.
Forza Jules

Miguel
Miguel

I flew from Gatwick to Edinburgh on Monday and one of the reasons the flight was late was headwinds of ~170mph. Yeah yeah boundary layer yeah yeah more wind at altitude, but you get the idea.
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Without knowing what wind speed it was designed to withstand and what speed it was subjected to, you can't say it was poorly constructed.

Having said that, it was probably bodged somewhere along the line... :cry:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

FW17

Looking at the pics again, the roof looks OK but its the over decking that Has blown off

multisync
multisync

Went past it this week and from the road side there is no visible damage..