More Bernie desperation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Andres125sx

Re: More Bernie desperation

SectorOne wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:I wonder for how long teams will cope with him, F1 is becoming a caricature.... :evil:
In terms of Monza/Baku they will love him.

More money from venues = more money for the teams.
True, it´s only we fans who lose when all the mythic tracks are removed from the calendar.... Magny Cours, Hockenheim, Nurburgring, Imola.... Teams don´t care, it´s only we who care about this

But when we fans lose, our interest for F1 decreases, when this happens we don´t bother that much about F1, then we start missing some GPs, audience start to decrease, this means sponsors are no longer interested on paying so much money, F1 does not receive so much money, F1 future is compromised. As most of you know, this is not an theory, but an analysis of what´s happening on F1 last decade

It´s all a circle, ignore the fans and F1 will definately die, my only question is who will die first, F1 or Bernie

Andres125sx

WilliamsF1 wrote:I think Jean Todt position is quiet clear; Wait for FOM to breach the Contract to tear up the 100 year agreement.
May you explain this? How FOM could break the contract?

Richard
Richard

Bernie's utterances aren't news, this thread is tantamount to getting excited that bears poop in the woods.
SunsAnvil wrote:decrepit moronic dwarf!
If you must resort to insults then please get them right:
  • Decrepit - "worn out or ruined because of age or neglect" - Nope, he seems to be doing very well at the moment.
  • Moronic - Are you serious? He's sharper than most of us, that's why he's got all the power and money. It's also why he's seen off so many adversaries of the decades.
  • Dwarf - Firstly he does not have dwarfism, secondly why does height have any baring on competence?

autogyro
autogyro

Todt is the problem with F1.
He does not have the drive that Max has.
F1 needs a powerful man to force change.

FW17

Andres125sx wrote:
WilliamsF1 wrote:I think Jean Todt position is quiet clear; Wait for FOM to breach the Contract to tear up the 100 year agreement.
May you explain this? How FOM could break the contract?
There must be conditions (however shallow Max Mosley wrote it) for FIA to revoke the contract

One which has been mentioned is the minimum number of Cars

With the constant bickering and the unreal financial distribution sooner or later something is going to give.

JT is also in it for the long haul, he has the support within the FIA and he certainly is going to be around longer the old man, so it is just a matter of time to wait for the current setup to self destruct.

Andres125sx

Thanks Williams, then I hope F1 can survive that self destruction

Moose
Moose

I'm sure F1 will survive in some form. I have a suspicion that the reality will involve a break away series, so that CVC and Bernie's money sucking fingers get cut out though.

Tim.Wright

WilliamsF1 wrote:There must be conditions (however shallow Max Mosley wrote it) for FIA to revoke the contract.
This is the agreement between Bernie and the race promoters. Nothing to do with the 100 year deal.

I'd say that's quite a cosy worded contract probably written by the man himself.
Not the engineer at Force India

grettu
grettu

Bernie is becoming a bit bizarre. It might be he is becoming simply old but he does not want to accept it.

May be it is just time to find a new guy to leave the F1, we know he is the boss or the front man of something else.

wesley123
wesley123

Andres125sx wrote: True, it´s only we fans who lose when all the mythic tracks are removed from the calendar.... Magny Cours, Hockenheim, Nurburgring, Imola.... Teams don´t care, it´s only we who care about this

But when we fans lose, our interest for F1 decreases, when this happens we don´t bother that much about F1, then we start missing some GPs, audience start to decrease, this means sponsors are no longer interested on paying so much money, F1 does not receive so much money, F1 future is compromised. As most of you know, this is not an theory, but an analysis of what´s happening on F1 last decade
You watch F1 because it races at a particular set of tracks? I'm certain there are many other races that are held at a particular track, go watch those.
It´s all a circle, ignore the fans and F1 will definately die, my only question is who will die first, F1 or Bernie
Except not really. Ignore the fans is exactly what you must do with such a large fanbase. Do you think all the millions of fans all want exactly the same thing? No.

Listening to one group of fans will annoy another group of fans, and so on and so on, making doing anything at all impossible. Listening to the fans is the worst thing you could possibly do.

With the Sky deal(oh, and the ticket prices as well) Bernie has shown everyone that the morons we can call the "fanbase" will literally pay anything to watch F1. Sorry for this pessimistic statement, but you are seriously overestimating the fanbase. I could continue on and on about how dumb people are etc. etc., but in the end, the fanbase is just another one of Bernie's puppets.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Richard wrote:Bernie's utterances aren't news, this thread is tantamount to getting excited that bears poop in the woods.
SunsAnvil wrote:decrepit moronic dwarf!
If you must resort to insults then please get them right:
  • Decrepit - "worn out or ruined because of age or neglect" - Nope, he seems to be doing very well at the moment.
  • Moronic - Are you serious? He's sharper than most of us, that's why he's got all the power and money. It's also why he's seen off so many adversaries of the decades.
  • Dwarf - Firstly he does not have dwarfism, secondly why does height have any baring on competence?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: =D>

i liked that.

ps. despite the fact i think F1 could use some improvement in certain areas, i still maintain that there's nothing wrong in general, and last of all, i don't think bernie should get the bashing he gets. he actually is a wily smart oll fox. That revolving door thing at his german trial was brilliant. I don't believe for a second he didn't do that on purpose.

Will he have some weird things at times? absolutely yes. why? 1. he's human like any of us and we all have our good sides and clumsy awkward sides. 2. the man is 80+ for crying out loud. let's see 'us' how we're at 80+. come on, let him be human.

does he ruin the sport? er, no, he actually made the sport as it is. so, it's quite rude and rediculous to point a finger at the man whom actually made it into what it is/was.

imho, i indeed point the finger more towards FIA making a mess of things. I'm somewhat reminded of the FIA in the Senna days. occupied in politics and rediculousness.

what is FIA doing lately, really? i really can't find an answer to that one, and i'd say that's a good point to realise.

I get the feeling the FIA is more or less just 'doing stuff' and thinking about what 'legal papers' to write today to keep 'alive'. i dunno, i'm seeing much incompetence lately from the organisatorial side of them.

let's put it like this, to make things more simple: Formula E. it's not bad, really. but...it's neither any good, either. whilst it could have been absolutely marvellous. IT's just....meh. And i think that's what's the FIA today......Meh.

i can live with a 'meh' day at the beach. i can live with a 'meh' day at work. I can live with a 'meh' meal at home. But 'meh' year after year whilst getting paid to be 'number 1' (formula >>1<<)....well.....there's no room for 'meh'.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

R_Redding
R_Redding

The story of how a little demon troll got his dirty mitts on the keys to the cookie jar for 110 years in 2000 is a good example of unintended consequences than can happen when the EU go poking into things.

The FIA is a non profit organisation , who before Bernies takeover were struggling to spend the cash they were aquiring. This lead to EU inquiries and possibility of hefty legal action. So Max gave it all to Bernie for peanuts to get the EU off of the FIAs back.

The main detractor to Bernies aquisition was Ron Dennis , and he was successfully demonised and neutered by Max and Bernie.

The FIA...I don't think theyd want it back either. Theyd have those motorsport hating EU greens back on their case like fleas on a dog if the started to take the money again.

The teams need to take control. Divvy it up fairly between the entrants an prize money.

Rob

Andres125sx

wesley123 wrote:
Andres125sx wrote: True, it´s only we fans who lose when all the mythic tracks are removed from the calendar.... Magny Cours, Hockenheim, Nurburgring, Imola.... Teams don´t care, it´s only we who care about this

You watch F1 because it races at a particular set of tracks? I'm certain there are many other races that are held at a particular track, go watch those.
Everything counts, I don´t watch F1 for any specific reason, but for many. It´s not the engine, it´s the whole package :mrgreen:

Problem is the package is becoming weaker each season. On some season we loose some mythic track, then we loose competitiveness, then we loose the "top drivers" component because money counts more than talent, then we loose engine development and they freeze the most important part on any car on the pinnacle of motorsports.... and so on

They´re managing to disillusion many viewers, I know many friends who watched F1 one decade ago, and today they don´t care about F1 at all. And I´m not sure if I´ll follow them if this continue the same, F1 is loosing its identity season by season
wesley123 wrote:
Except not really. Ignore the fans is exactly what you must do with such a large fanbase. Do you think all the millions of fans all want exactly the same thing? No.
All the fans, with NO exception, want to see a competition with some competitiveness. It was when F1 started to decrease competitiveness wise when audience numbers started to drop, and they´ve continued this way for a decade, so I guess we millions of fans all want more or less the same
wesley123 wrote:Listening to the fans is the worst thing you could possibly do.
Are you Wesley or Bernie :P

That´s what Bernie think, and you see what´s bringing that kind of politics, audience numbers decreasing season by season, sponsors NOT interested on F1 and mythical teams like McLaren or Williams with no big sponsors, no sposors so no money and teams suffering serious economical problems.....

Continue ignoring fans and you´ll kill F1.
wesley123 wrote:With the Sky deal(oh, and the ticket prices as well) Bernie has shown everyone that the morons we can call the "fanbase" will literally pay anything to watch F1. Sorry for this pessimistic statement, but you are seriously overestimating the fanbase.
Were have you been last decade?

wesley123 wrote:I could continue on and on about how dumb people are etc. etc., but in the end, the fanbase is just another one of Bernie's puppets.
Agree, but he´s ignoring it´s the fanbase what attract sponsors, with no sponsor no money, and it´s money what makes possible F1 to be the suposed pinnacle, so if you ignore the fanbase and they loose interest, F1 will soon die as we know it

I also can continue on and on about how important that dumb people is for any sport, your turn :twisted:

ChrisF1
ChrisF1

Last year I booked off the morning of the Australian GP Practice so that I could get up and watch it live before strolling into work for an afternoon. This year I saw it as a waste of my holiday.

I've been forgetting that practice is on, skipping through large parts of the races because literally nothing was going to happen.

The whole drivers pace being dictated by a delta is frustrating as we're not seeing who is the combination of fastest and most intelligent driver, it's just the most consistent with the best pit strategy to undercut.

I have doubts that we'll see more than three on track passes for the lead during the rest of this season.

I wouldn't say the sport has lost it's way, but I have gone from missing 10 races between 1997 and 2013 to skipping races last year and having a minimal interest this year. I've got Sky because I am a football fan, but if I was paying for Sky purely for the F1 then it would be cancelled and I would be quite happy to watch Formula 1 delayed on the BBC.

My family and friends cannot believe how much my attitude to Formula 1 has changed. I certainly don't view certain eras with rose tinted glasses, but I do miss the 2010 and 2012 seasons where the racing was reasonable and it could have been anybody to win the races be it through speed or reliability.

This season doesn't even have great midfield battles, the overtaking has been due to tyre deg or cars out of place. The gaps between the teams feel so huge that Williams sit in a no mans land, Mclaren occasionally mix it when strategy misplaces them, and Manor sit at the back doing their own thing. That's 6 cars who basically aren't in a race.

sgth0mas
sgth0mas

I honestly think Bernie has been listening to fans a bit on the cars and such. He's mentioned wanting the changes many of us want...just still has that stupid tire formula in his head.

It takes a long time to build a fan base as large as F1, and a long time to lose it. But at the current rate... It will continue to happen. The growing ratings in the US would most likely be from everyone already having pay TV, and just leaving the station on after soccer. I can't imagine its anything else because the F1 fans I know have begun to lose interest. We all record, and fast forward through most of the race now because its so painfully boring if we watch at all. Sponsors will get that data from the DVR companies... And eventually realize the value isn't there.

ChrisF1 is right, the racing has been reduced to managing a gap. Excessive tire deg is killing the sport because cars simply cannot battle on track. The Prius engines they're racing now are far too costly, complex and fragile. If manufacturers want to leave because fans want real racing engines...so be it. But I'm not a fan of F1 to see Mercedes hybrid R&D or Renault fail every weekend.

I can't stand hearing a driver told to save fuel, tires, that they can now push or anything else that indicates they aren't actually racing most the time.

MotoGP will replace this sport on my priority list until tires, engine formula and racing improve.