Infiniti Red Bull Racing 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Earnard Beccelstone
Earnard Beccelstone

Re: Infiniti Red Bull Racing 2015

How the mighty seem to have fallen. From four on the trot, to best of the rest in 2014 and now languishing down behind Torro Rosso!

I expect that RedBull will pull it together as the season progresses, but I think they're going to be fighting for third in the championship with Williams come the end of the season.

Pity too, as Riciardo happens to be my favourite driver in the field.

Glad they've shut up about the Renault PU now. No use whining, particularly when there are other Renault-powered cars finishing in front of you.

djos

Infiniti Red Bull Racing 2015

FoxHound wrote:
djos wrote:
I'm afraid our opinions continue to be divergent - i still contend we need a clean race to properly judge the rb11 against the TR.
My post does not absolve Renault. They are well behind at this stage and it is affecting both Red Bull and Torro Rosso.
I was just watching the full team principle interview from Malaysia and Cyril mentioned that the Renault sport F1 restructure wasn't finished until December (around the 11 min Mark).

It's not surprising then that Renault find themselves in this position imo.

Edit. Cyril also flatly denied saying he accused Adrian / RedBull of lying right at the end of the press conf.
"In downforce we trust"

FoxHound

Juzh wrote:I never said that, did I. It's obviously not.
But your posts are critical of Renault, not Red Bull.
JET set

Juzh

And? RB has themselves to blame for an average chassis and that's fine by me, but they can do little to affect renault's performance. A substance outside of their control is greatly influencing overall competitiveness. Ferrari/bridgestone 2005?

turbof1

The discussion is not getting anywhere near going forward, yet still intensifies and although it's a written discussion, one can really feel the tension here.

I'm locking the topic for a couple of days, giving you guys time to calm down and put your energy into more useful activities.
#AeroFrodo

Phil

Again, Ricciardo IMO continues to impress. Kvyat showed some nice moves too, but overal, I am very impressed with Ricciardo. His 6th place yesterday was very solid. Perhaps helped by the fact that Massa didn't score and was out of position, but even in QF Ricciardo showed once again that he has what it takes to take that car well into Q3. Not sure if that RedBull is actually *that* good with all the problems they are having.

Which brings me to my next point; With Ricciardos engine failure after the flag, I'm really concerned that Redbull will drop away as a contender as continued tension with Renault will hamper further development. That relationship I fear is coming to an end, and it will probably ultimately lead to RedBulls exit, which IMO is a huge shame. I didn't like their dominance of 4 years, but arguably, the did the best job, helped by tricky flexi wings or not, they were a force. As such, I would like to see them compete at the very top with the best. It's great that Ferrari has closed the gap, it would be better if RedBull was there and in contention as well.

I really hope they can sort out their relationship with Renault because the only way they will become more competitive is if they work together.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

djos

+1 he's continuing to make the most of the car he has. Imo he shows Alonso like skills of being able to make the most of an imperfect car and still race well.
"In downforce we trust"

Faustino
Faustino

is it true that Ricciardo has gone through 3 engines already and will be using his final engine in Barcelona?

What happens if this goes too? Will they be fined for having to use extra over a season?

Juzh

Faustino wrote:is it true that Ricciardo has gone through 3 engines already and will be using his final engine in Barcelona?

What happens if this goes too? Will they be fined for having to use extra over a season?
Yes. They will be penalized with grid drops, not fined.

mikeerfol

Wait, so all 3 engines are "dead" or they will be able to use them at least for some Friday running?

Jef Patat
Jef Patat

Faustino wrote:is it true that Ricciardo has gone through 3 engines already and will be using his final engine in Barcelona?

Note the date of the post though, it's from before the event, so you have to increase the numbers

http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... 81#p576981

Moose
Moose

Jef Patat wrote:

It is true. When the fourth fails, he will need to take a fifth, and in doing so will take a grid penalty. Thankfully, the grid penalties are not nearly as ridiculous this year as they were last year. Instead of being rolled over to the next race, the driver will be given a time penalty in the race (a 1-5 place unused drop gets you a 5 second penalty, 6-10 gets you a 10 second, 11-15 gets you a drive through, and 16 or above gets you a 10 second stop go).

djos

Considering Ricciardo has lost 3 engines already, imo that makes it even more impressive that he's scored points in EVERY single race so far!

Kyvat on the other hand is looking ordinary and may well be in danger of being replaced by Sainz or Verstappen in 2016 if he doesn't lift his game!
"In downforce we trust"

Blackout

mikeerfol wrote:Wait, so all 3 engines are "dead" or they will be able to use them at least for some Friday running?
They can use them for friday running IMO. But these engine can't race anymore because of their weak pistons.

Let's hope the 4th engine can stand 5 gp's. After Spain, 14-15 races remain so RIC will need 3 new engines. And remember:
"the first time a fifth of any of the elements is used, a ten-place grid penalty will be imposed. A five-place grid penalty will then be imposed the first time a fifth of any of the remaining elements is used. Likewise, the first time a sixth of any of the elements is used, a ten-place grid penalty will be imposed, and so on."

And let's hope the 4 ES, CU, CT, MGUK and MGUH are reliable anough and that RIC wil only get 3 10 places penalties.
Last edited by Blackout on 22 Apr 2015, 10:41, edited 1 time in total.

Blackout

Juzh wrote:And? RB has themselves to blame for an average chassis and that's fine by me, but they can do little to affect renault's performance. A substance outside of their control is greatly influencing overall competitiveness. Ferrari/bridgestone 2005?
The PU design isnt completely outside of RBR's control. If you read between the lines (some of 2014 and 2015 interviews), RBR wasnt open and cooperative anough to let Renault design the PU they wanted. Even this season... That's one of the reasons the Renault PU is that conservative and full of compromises... and that might explain some of the reliability problems too (integration issues?)
That's one of the biggest problems with Renault-RBR... RBR isnt Renault's works team... but "works-team" is just a word afterall... all RBR and Renault need is to work together hand in hand. But is that possible today? I dont think so.
And there is the Renault budget...

About RIC's pace; he was one second behind the Merc and 3 tenth behind the Williams per average, which is not bad for a circuit like Bahrain and regarding the engine and aero setup compromises RBR used.