Mclaren Honda 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
skoop
skoop

Re: Mclaren Honda 2015

shady07 wrote: My question, why I wrote this post. Maybe was discussed, but I didn’t notice it. McLaren can/will use this year average of token spent by other teams. Will they be able to spend the rest (difference to fully available by other teams in 2015) in 2016?
this season they can use the average of tokens not spend by merc/ferrari/renault. if i remember correctly that should be about 8 tokens.
next season they'll have the same amount of tokens as avery other team. (i think 20, but i'm not sure about that)

mclaren111

Again this does not sound optimistic for the near future:
It will be at least a year and a half before McLaren is ready to charge for the Formula 1 title, admits team boss Eric Boullier, who said that despite a difficult start for the new McLaren-Honda collaboration, he retains the support of team supremo Ron Dennis.
Almost contradicting himself he says this:
“Because, first, I know what is happening behind the scenes,” he said. “Already, as I said, the car itself is not yet a winning car, but it soon will be.
Surely that means they can start 2016 as challengers.

damager21
damager21

skoop wrote:
shady07 wrote: My question, why I wrote this post. Maybe was discussed, but I didn’t notice it. McLaren can/will use this year average of token spent by other teams. Will they be able to spend the rest (difference to fully available by other teams in 2015) in 2016?
this season they can use the average of tokens not spend by merc/ferrari/renault. if i remember correctly that should be about 8 tokens.
next season they'll have the same amount of tokens as avery other team. (i think 20, but i'm not sure about that)
Honda has 9 tokens to spend this year which is average of what was left for Mercedes, Ferrari and Renault.

Other teams had in total 32 tokens available for this year. Since Honda had a full year (2014) and till March 2015 with No limitation of how much can they develop their engine, it was decided by FIA that during the 2015 season they get the average of what is left of other teams.

In 2016, like other teams, they will have 25 tokens available.

Thunder

Interesting Read: http://www.mclaren.com/formula1/inside- ... oad-ahead/

Matt Morris: “The main outcome of that new approach is that people now have a sense of ownership in the car. And they’re more motivated and interested as a result. To give you an example, I guess about 50 per cent of the upgrades we brought to the track last year didn’t completely work; this year, we’ve brought that down to about five or 10 per cent.

About the Drivers: :D :D

Peter Prodromou: “Aside from their talent, and ability to win races and championships, they are without a doubt the most important sensor fitted to the car. That might sound glib, but their feedback is incredibly important, and they do a brilliant job. They’re pretty good sensors.”

Eric Boullier: “Yeah, expensive sensors!”
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Marco Alves
Marco Alves

Re: Mclaren MP4-30 Honda

McLaren says new structure making development faster

McLaren says its new structure is making a difference in helping the Formula 1 team develop new parts much faster than before.

The Woking-based squad has undergone a reshuffle supervised by racing director Eric Boullier as it started preparing for its new partnership with engine supplier Honda.

Although McLaren has endured a tough start to the season and is yet to score a point in four races, engineering director Matt Morris says the new structure is already paying dividends.

"We're much more structured in the way we bring new parts to the track," said Morris.

"The rate of progress is much faster, so we don't need to build as many new components, because we know they'll be updated in just a few races' time.

"That speeds up the whole process."

is a much stronger organisation now, and that is reflecting in the car updates, which he says are much more effective than last year.

"At every level of the company, there is clear leadership," he said.

"We agree the direction we want to pursue, and we bring people with us. The attitude has changed from 'telling' people, to 'asking' people; we've integrated people, and we share opinions and ideas.

"The main outcome of that new approach is that people now have a sense of ownership in the car. And they're more motivated and interested as a result.

"To give you an example, I guess about 50 per cent of the upgrades we brought to the track last year didn't completely work; this year, we've brought that down to about five or 10 per cent."

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mclar ... ent-faster

FW17

Marco Alves wrote:McLaren says new structure making development faster

Does the new structure call for shirts not being tucked in? Ron must be trippin :D First Alonso with a beard, now engineers with their shirts out.

bonjon1979
bonjon1979

WilliamsF1 wrote:
Marco Alves wrote:McLaren says new structure making development faster

http://cdn-9.motorsport.com/static/img/ ... e-race.jpg
Does the new structure call for shirts not being tucked in? Ron must be trippin :D First Alonso with a beard, now engineers with their shirts out.
Perhaps ton crunched the numbers

Time saved not tucking in shirt 5 times a day = 30 seconds

Across 500 employees = 15,000 seconds a day or 250 minutes.

250 x 365 = 91250 minutes or 1521 extra man hours to make the car faster.

Vasconia

mclaren111 wrote:Again this does not sound optimistic for the near future:
It will be at least a year and a half before McLaren is ready to charge for the Formula 1 title, admits team boss Eric Boullier, who said that despite a difficult start for the new McLaren-Honda collaboration, he retains the support of team supremo Ron Dennis.
Almost contradicting himself he says this:
“Because, first, I know what is happening behind the scenes,” he said. “Already, as I said, the car itself is not yet a winning car, but it soon will be.
Surely that means they can start 2016 as challengers.
Well, if the next season begins on April is almost one year and a half. :mrgreen:

AnthonyG

It takes you 30seconds to tuck in a shirt? :wtf:
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

skoop
skoop

if you want to meet rons qualitystandarts i'm sure it does :D

aleks_ader

AnthonyG wrote:It takes you 30seconds to tuck in a shirt? :wtf:
He say 5 times so only 6 sec to tuck shirt ONCE. I think it is pretty doable... :D
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

GoranF1
GoranF1

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Redragon

Does this mean that the new livery is blue?

https://twitter.com/McLarenStore/status ... 8054711296

acosmichippo
acosmichippo

No, but that is a pretty sweet hat. I don't normally like baseball hats.

ChrisF1
ChrisF1

Redragon wrote:Does this mean that the new livery is blue?

https://twitter.com/McLarenStore/status ... 8054711296
I would guess it's a Spanish Grand Prix special for Alonso only in his home colours (Asturia is it?)