GPDA survey

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
pob

Re: GPDA survey

I've finally managed to complete it. Not too impressed by whoever framed it, but it could have been worse. I am worried that the answers are going to be used to just push through the agenda of one of the strategy group (probably Bernie :evil: ).

scottracing
scottracing

just completed it! a bit long but in the end, but hopefully worthwhile.
I would like to see what the results are but im guessing most people said they weren't happy with the current situation

bauc

I completed the Autosport survey as well, I used all of the 250 words available at the end to tell them... please sack Bernie and get rid of DRS :D
Last edited by bauc on 22 May 2015, 15:51, edited 2 times in total.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

lio007

Puh...finally completed...quite a long way to go, but hopefully it's worth the effort.
Sometimes bad and confusing translation, at least if you do the survey in german.
Last edited by lio007 on 22 May 2015, 11:02, edited 1 time in total.

Thoomy
Thoomy

I can't submit the poll. I get to the 99% (last page) but when I click on submit, nothing happens. Anyone else with a problem like that?

F1NAC

THey should probably put more blank boxes to write opinion

Holm86

turbof1 wrote:I do not recommend answering the survey; it's long, tedious and a lot of questions simply useless.
I would always recommend people to take these kind of survey's. If we can have a say, in any kind of way, then we should at least try. So what if it takes 10 minutes, and some of the questions are a bit stupid?

turbof1

Holm86 wrote:
turbof1 wrote:I do not recommend answering the survey; it's long, tedious and a lot of questions simply useless.
I would always recommend people to take these kind of survey's. If we can have a say, in any kind of way, then we should at least try. So what if it takes 10 minutes, and some of the questions are a bit stupid?
It took close to half a hour for me. It's important to take your time actually with this survey, because they for instance ask a certain question, then ask a series of different questions, then ask the same first question reformulated close to the end of the page again.

This is a common tactic in surveys which are more interesting in finding statistical support for a certain idea/concept, rather then getting a neutral opinion. They actually try to steer your opinion through asking particular questions in a certain order. The question itself influences how you'll answer on future questions. If you try to hassle off the survey in 10 minutes, you are going to fall through the trap doors in the survey.

You are right to say that we should speak up when we are given a chance to have a say, but the survey is made tedious long and honestly looks much more like psychology research I came across during my first bachelor year. I suspect the survey has been made with more intentions then just trying to get a read on fans their opinions.
#AeroFrodo

Phil

SectorOne wrote:You can tell people from F1 has created it.
A simple question "what do you want to see in F1" gets so insanely complicated it´s almost asking me what my grand mothers favorite color is and if i´ve recently serviced my car.

Could have skipped 90% of the questions, and i haven´t even gotten past page 3 yet...
This. They completely lost me on the 3rd page when they started asking over complicated questions where a "yes", "don't know/care" or "no" would have sufficed, but noooo, it has to be on a scale between 1 and 7. When I realized I had but just covered 6% of the entire survey, I clicked the small "X" on the top right corner of my browser... Thanks, but no thanks. :roll: :oops:
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

turbof1

It also requires you to give your name. Really annoyed by that particularly, since they can actually couple your name to your preferences. Where are we seeing that same strategy? Google, facebook, apple, ... .
#AeroFrodo

Sawtooth-spike

It took me half an hour this morning. It was hard going. The truncation of the questions was not great. I much preferred the one Autosport are doing.

I really like the way that strongly agree and strongly disagree changed positions top to bottom dependent on it being a positive or negative question. Thats just poor testings.

I also like the 100 questions about sponsors. It was way to detailed.

3/4 pages, Long form, with page 4 people an optional About me section. Simple
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

bhall II
bhall II

I shudder to think what might happen as a result of a survey that queries what's arguably the most fractured fanbase of any sport in the world.

This has lowest common denominator written all over it. (And that's exactly how this happened.)

wesley123
wesley123

bhall II wrote:I shudder to think what might happen as a result of a survey that queries what's arguably the most fractured fanbase of any sport in the world.

This has lowest common denominator written all over it. (And that's exactly how this happened.)
I still believe the survey was a good idea. Even though the fanbase is very, very fractured it does give a good idea where the sport stands across various fanbases.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

bhall II
bhall II

Oh, I definitely understand the rationale. Fans have largely been disenfranchised over the years due to various FOM licensing contracts that collect full value regardless of attendance/viewership numbers. Stripped of that power of the purse, the only way to really gauge fan interest is to straight up ask.

I'm just a cynical bastard who thinks nothing good can come from democratizing the sport. It's design by committee, and that strategy doesn't exactly have a stellar track record in any context, yanno?

I guess it all depends on how this data is ultimately used.

thumbscrew
thumbscrew

Hello all

I have just completed the survey - it was rather long and I was hoping it would have a "make a suggestion" form at the end, but it didn't.

I lot of the survey was on ways to increase the excitement of Fl here is my suggestion.

I think a really good feature would be a split track just before the finishing straight. The drivers
can either take the left or right option and then the track joins again for the long run to the finish. This would result in
closer "neck and neck" finishes and increase overtaking opportunities, and would be fascinating to watch.

I have created a pdf file including an artistic impression and more details on how this would be implemented, it can
o be viewed online here http://docdro.id/115j1

thanks