Infiniti Red Bull Racing 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
turbof1

Re: Infiniti Red Bull Racing 2015

iotar__ wrote:I was wrong and it's about performance or so one side says. There's some vague info here http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2015/08/a ... gine-deal/
There have been suggestions that the Austrian-owned team has already served notice of intent to break its contract, which was due to expire at the end of 2016. Renault has apparently contested the grounds for the termination, which is based on Renault not meeting performance targets.
It is not clear how those targets are specified in the contract, but it is understood not to be based on figures but on relative performance to other power units in the field.
Wouldn't they need other engines' precise measurements for that? What about Red Bull's involvement and co-responsibility? So when they were announcing closer cooperation and other changes it meant nothing and it's all Renault's fault? They deserve each other. I hope it goes to court: your honour exhibit 12a Mercedes engine (points at an engine, crowd goes "whooo", judge shouts "silence!") clearly shows that my client Red Bull racing [-o< ...
Well, teams actually use very accurate gps data coupled with sonic readings (yes, indeed: sonic readings!) to measure the competition. Manufacturer can actually very accurately guess eachother's performance, even with aero factored in.

There are some question marks I have with the clausules. Lotus for instance is actually paying financial penalties to Renault this year because they broke the contract. That means they did not have or could not have used an espace clausule. Now I know Lotus is not Red Bull and so the contracts could vary hugely between the 2 teams, but if we assume for a moment they get the same contracts, Red Bull might neither have an escape clausule and indeed might need to pay off financial penalties too.

They might however be very willing to do so. Lotus did, so why wouldn't a much more financially powerful team?
#AeroFrodo

Gaz.
Gaz.

turbof1 wrote:
That means they did not have or could not have used an espace clausule.
For a second I thought you meant they couldn't use some nutter bastard mental people carrier to ferry staff about.
Forza Jules

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

Good to see that having moaned through the Vettel years that it must be boring, and that Vettel should want every other driver in a RB. Hamilton has now told Sky he doesn't think Mercedes should give RB one of their engines. Who could've seen that coming...

Kiril Varbanov

Red Bull won't be using Renault engine next year.

gary123

Kiril Varbanov wrote:Red Bull won't be using Renault engine next year.
Here ;) http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/120696

Juzh

Good.

ME4ME

Great news! (You may read that with the voice of James May) :)

lio007

Rumor has it:
It is also believed, that RB reached an agreement with Senior Mercedes Management to be a customer from 2016 onwards.
Mateschitz only wants the merc-engines and refused offers from Ferrari.

Neno
Neno

Great news for Enstone fans.

GPR-A duplicate2

Can't get any bigger than this.

Lewis in an interview with Ted, when asked about does he have any friends, Lewis said, Daniel is the closest in the driver group. It would be a good treat if there can be a title fight between the two next year.

The cheeky smile on Lewis' face when he said "No" when the question was asked earlier in the week, if Mercedes should provide engine to Red Bull, confirmed that he knew the deal is almost done between RB and Merc.

Phil

That is going to make 2016 very interesting. I'm very certain RedBull will be competitive with that Merc engine. If they won't challenge for wins, I'd be quite surprised if they don't at least give Ferrari a run...
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

matt21

But a move to Mercedes may have implications on the budget.
The sponsorship with Infiniti is running until the end of 2016.
If RB has Merc engines RenaultNissan will not continue paying money, I believe.

toraabe
toraabe

matt21 wrote:But a move to Mercedes may have implications on the budget.
The sponsorship with Infiniti is running until the end of 2016.
If RB has Merc engines RenaultNissan will not continue paying money, I believe.
Remember that MB will never push RB to breach their contract with Renault / Nissan because of their long term
business partnership / sharehold and respect to their customers.

Kiril Varbanov

If what was reported yesterday is true, then I see Ferrari as the only option. Else, Red Bull will remain with Renault.
Today, Motorsport says Red Bull hopes for Merc engine are over - http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/red-b ... l-but-over

r101
r101