Williams FW37 Mercedes

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
turbof1

Re: Williams FW37 Mercedes

#AeroFrodo

ringo

Who are chief aerodynamicists in Williams?
For Sure!!

turbof1

ringo wrote:Who are chief aerodynamicists in Williams?
Jason Somerville:
http://www.williamsf1.com/racing/about/ ... somerville
#AeroFrodo

ringo

I see. The williams cars have generally carried the same body for quite some years now. Especially at the rear with their signature gearbox. It has been evident that one man has played the same role in the aero department for that period.
There is something about their aero that lacks that punch. The car has always been focused on low down-force.
They may need to get a little more aggressive with the platform.
For Sure!!

NL_Fer
NL_Fer

Isn't that just a choice of strategy, based on their budget limits? The take time to built a car what is fast om most of the tracks, really fast on some and just marginally lacking on most of the rest.

Lets face it, they only really lack in Monaco, Singapore and the rain.

turbof1

ringo wrote:I see. The williams cars have generally carried the same body for quite some years now. Especially at the rear with their signature gearbox. It has been evident that one man has played the same role in the aero department for that period.
There is something about their aero that lacks that punch. The car has always been focused on low down-force.
The new spec of front wing is a quite a bit more agressive.

I have the text and most illustrations ready of a big Williams article, and it'll speak about that. Infact, the original article was finished 10 months ago, but due events has just been lying around without getting on the front page. It has been updated however ever since and has bloated up considerable. It'll discuss the evolution of the philosophy all the way back from 2013.
#AeroFrodo

Mr Brooksy

turbof1 wrote:
ringo wrote:I see. The williams cars have generally carried the same body for quite some years now. Especially at the rear with their signature gearbox. It has been evident that one man has played the same role in the aero department for that period.
The new spec of front wing is a quite a bit more agressive.

I have the text and most illustrations ready of a big Williams article, and it'll speak about that. Infact, the original article was finished 10 months ago, but due events has just been lying around without getting on the front page. It has been updated however ever since and has bloated up considerable. It'll discuss the evolution of the philosophy all the way back from 2013.
So looking forward to it! I love this team, always have.
WilliamsF1 fan since 1989

LookBackTime
LookBackTime

Hail22

Russian GP - Wednesday

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

LookBackTime
LookBackTime

Google translate:

"
Wonder engine remains Mercedes reserved
First of all, for its customers. Mercedes distributes fresh units of the first specification to Williams, Lotus and one of the two Force India. That leaves the miracle engine, which debuted at Monza and is already the basis for the 2016er engine, reserved until the end of the season for the factory team. The problem is that Petronas could not brew enough of the special fuel in the short time that is necessary for this type of engine.
"

Thunder

That's a damn lame excuse.....
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

AnthonyG

They haven't won the title yet with a big enough margin.
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

LookBackTime
LookBackTime

Sevach
Sevach

Kinda stupid, they are only helping Ferrari with this move.

LookBackTime
LookBackTime

Sevach wrote:Kinda stupid, they are only helping Ferrari with this move.
My two cents on the subject:
- Mercedes does not want to reveal the true value of the engine. So they would like to keep it quite for a while :)
- and if they are forced to sell engine to Red Bull my guess will be: they (R.B)will get 2015 engine (fuel hard to get :))!