2016 McLaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
chenpei24730
chenpei24730

Re: 2016 McLaren F1 Team - Honda

Sasha wrote:It's funny......you talk anything bad about Mclaren even if it is true,your the devil and people take points away from you.

Talk bad about Honda,they pat you on the back and give you points even if it could be wrong.

As an insider,I now wished we didn't go and chase Mclaren to put our PU in their chassis. It wasn't worth the money it is costing(Honda is paying most of the bill for the team and 1/2 of the drivers salary) Honda and the negative press.We are now thinking RB/TR or Sauber would of be better deal for Honda. But past history blinded the people in charge at the time(Ito and Arias).

Problems.....

Honda PU is down on power/efficiency and ERS at the moment but is actually doing very well compared to last year.

MP4-31 is pretty much a brick wall in the air at the moment(DF to Drag isn't close to top chassis),Barcelona upgrades hopefully helps that problem.Rear suspension design hurts tire wear.
Insider? WOW! Could you please give me some positive information about Honda engine so that I can feel confident for 2016 or 2017 season? Because now I feel pessimistic about both 2016 and 2017 season. Wish I'm wrong.

mclaren111

Sasha wrote:
MP4-31 is pretty much a brick wall in the air at the moment(DF to Drag isn't close to top chassis),Barcelona upgrades hopefully helps that problem.Rear suspension design hurts tire wear.
I am not as knowledgeable as you guys !!

What specifically makes it a "brick wall in the air" ??

Thx

McG

It's clear that it's Honda's fault. Why are people trying to stick up for Honda? They have done nothing but put McLaren on the back foot since the partnership. And that's what it is, a partnership, they aren't "one team". That's just McLaren trying to offload some of the blame onto themselves. They used to do it for Mercedes.

Real data has shown that the car is fast in corners and that's with reduced downforce to make up for the duff PU.

They have PP on the aero so yes it will have a lot of downforce even when it is slightly reduced. To say it's a brick wall is ridiculous.

In hindsight it would have been better to stick with Merc. Would be a similar situation to if Red Bull got a Merc deal.
F1 is dead.

McG

mclaren111 wrote:Sasha wrote:
I am not as knowledgeable as you guys !!

What specifically makes it a "brick wall in the air" ??

Thx
He is talking out his stinker.

But if you are serious about learning a bit about aerodynamics then do a quick google search.
F1 is dead.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

EDIT: uncalled for reply with wrong judgement removed.
Last edited by Manoah2u on 06 May 2016, 20:47, edited 1 time in total.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Mad
Mad

Manoah2u wrote:
McG wrote:
this.

nothing but a honda-fanboy. probably drives a v-tec civic that gains 50hp thanks to a filter change.
I don't think it's the right time to be a Mclaren fanboy and diss Honda at every oportunity. Mclaren needs Honda more than Honda needs Mclaren. Honda can just go and make a deal with RBR and win the championship next year. While Mclaren remains stuck in midfield with Merc/Renault PU. So, Let's just be patient and support the team.

alonsofan
alonsofan

people should remember that honda is handicapped by the token system, and that only merc is doin well, even ferrari and renault are struggling

alonsofan
alonsofan

if there was no token system and honda was criticised, i would hav agreed to some extent

alonsofan
alonsofan

people should also realise that its formula 1, and winning here is not a walk in the park, just hav a look at ferrari, red bull and williams

Thunder18
Thunder18

Manoah2u wrote:
McG wrote:
this.

nothing but a honda-fanboy. probably drives a v-tec civic that gains 50hp thanks to a filter change.
Eh, going by what other people have said here, I'd kinda take his opinion in more than all the media speculation and even McHonda reports to media.

He's not Wazari, but I've read the same or quite similar info from other forums too...... keep us posted Sasha

godlameroso

The car is improving, on the same tires it's 2.5 seconds per lap faster than last year, only they were already behind by 2.5 sec/lap to Mercedes last year, and Mercedes has improved by 1.7 seconds per lap, so there's still a huge mountain to climb.
Saishū kōnā

GoranF1
GoranF1

Sasha is legit,he does have some inside information but he is way to protective of Honda. That will not help Honda in any way.
You can not go and say Mclaren chassis is crap 5 minute after Nico Hulkenberg came out and said in a live interview that Mclaren is as planted on track as glue.
Sector3 in BCN is a good indicator of how good the chassis is so we will know soon enough.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

FW17

I would consider the Renault and Honda engine equal on power at the moment.

Red bull are 0.75 sec per lap behind Mercedes
Mclaren are 2.5 sec per lap behind Mercedes

I think Sacha is right in calling MP4/31 a brick

-wkst-
-wkst-

McLaren was 2.3 sec slower than Mercedes in quali in Sochi. A power track. Now it's time for McLaren to show their cards on a chassis and aero track like Barcelona, that not only their promises are world class. More than 1.5 sec would be laughable.

GoranF1
GoranF1

FW17 wrote:I would consider the Renault and Honda engine equal on power at the moment.

Red bull are 0.75 sec per lap behind Mercedes
Mclaren are 2.5 sec per lap behind Mercedes

I think Sacha is right in calling MP4/31 a brick
Honda is worse than Renault...no way Magnusen would keep up whit Alonso if that wasn't the case...Renault has a total crap of chassis and yet gap was 7 sec all the time.
Mclaren has a very good chassis..not like RB or Merc but close to Ferrari for sure.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."