2016 Malaysian Grand Prix - Sepang, 30th-2nd October

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

Re: 2016 Malaysian Grand Prix - Sepang, 30th-2nd October

iotar__ wrote:- Mercedes practising Rosberg's bad pitstop (I thought they were doing fine with those) or 'let's help Hamilton by C.W.' penalties. Probably checking if iphone measures correct amount of extra delay too, like in Germany.
Yes, they were practicing a 5-second penalty. Probably expecting some incidents at the hairpins, maybe with the Ferrari's this time. :D

Vasconia

Ferrari is not looking bad, it should be a good battle between them and RB.

The cars are 5 secons faster!!! :O

Juzh

Vasconia wrote: The cars are 5 secons faster!!! :O
Track is not the same you know?

GPR-A duplicate2

Juzh wrote:
Soft Tyres, that are new addition this year, worth 1 second. Cars improved over a season offering at least 1.5 seconds. Rest, the layout changes.

Juzh

GPR-A wrote:
Juzh wrote:
Soft Tyres, that are new addition this year, worth 1 second. Cars improved over a season offering at least 1.5 seconds. Rest, the layout changes.
Well, yes. 2.5s is reasonable on car pace and tires. 5s is not. Track itself is a lot faster.

diego.liv
diego.liv

GPR-A wrote:
Juzh wrote:
Vasconia is not new here you know, neither is unaware of the resurfacing+tyres. Can you not be so pedantic but more flexible?

Vasconia

diego.liv wrote:
GPR-A wrote:
Juzh wrote: Track is not the same you know?
Vasconia is not new here you know, neither is unaware of the resurfacing+tyres. Can you not be so pedantic but more flexible?
I know that there are changes, still the improvement has been very big, thanks to the combination of resurface/tyres/better cars. Anyway, not every year we see such an improvement.

Its a technical forum, I take the pedantic attitudes for granted. :mrgreen:

GPR-A duplicate2

diego.liv wrote:
GPR-A wrote:
Juzh wrote: Track is not the same you know?
I guess, you need some english classes man. There was nothing really "Pedantic" about my comment there. I just elaborated the details behind the 5 second pace there. Stop assuming unnecessary things that aren't there.

ClarkBT11

GPR-A wrote:
diego.liv wrote:
GPR-A wrote:Soft Tyres, that are new addition this year, worth 1 second. Cars improved over a season offering at least 1.5 seconds. Rest, the layout changes.
I guess, you need some english classes man. There was nothing really "Pedantic" about my comment there. I just elaborated the details behind the 5 second pace there. Stop assuming unnecessary things that aren't there.
He's not talking about what you GPR-A said it's what Juzh wrote could be read as pedantic when the last two pages have been on the subject of the new surface of the track. I don't think you would be reading this forum if you couldn't work out why the times are 5+ seconds quicker.

diego.liv
diego.liv

My bad GPR-A!! As ClarkBT11 pointed out, i was referring to what Juzh said, i'm sorry i quoted the post next in line

Mansell89
Mansell89

Could anyone kindly point me towards some tyre data from practice 1 and 2 please?

The media (Sky et al) just seem to quote headline times and very little about the pace on different compounds.

Intrigued to see if someone can switch the harder tyre on here or alternatively of course do a Ferrari and get more laps (and consistent pace) from a softer compound.

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

Mansell89 wrote:Could anyone kindly point me towards some tyre data from practice 1 and 2 please?
A summary: http://www.pirelli.com/global/en-ww/mal ... 6-practice

If you want to get a bit more in-depth there are full times available here, but they don't give the tyres, so you'd have to reference the graphics like my post below from each session.
Last edited by ChrisDanger on 01 Oct 2016, 09:13, edited 1 time in total.

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

search

I didn't notice that the hard tire is the mandatory one this weekend, and that you need to have two of them available for the race. That should limit the amount of different strategies a bit, Toro Rosso and Haas even are completely out of mediums already

GoranF1
GoranF1

Mclaren making big step here...
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."