Silly Season 2017/2018

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
CBeck113
CBeck113

Re: Silly Season 2017/2018

ChrisDanger wrote:
02 Aug 2017, 08:31
Looks like Sauber's seats are going to filled by Ferrari drivers.

James Allen wrote:Ferrari chairman Sergio Marchionne made an unexpected visit to the Hungarian Grand Prix on Sunday. After the race he gave some details of how he sees the renewal of the engine supply deal with Sauber.

“It’s a very positive thing for us; it’s a chance to have a junior team. We have a pair of exceptional drivers we need to run,” he told Italian media.

Marchionne is referring to Charles Leclerc, the runaway leader of the FIA F2 Championship and Antonio Giovinazzi, Ferrari’s official reserve driver.
Sauce.

So I guess it's goodbye to Ericsson and Wehrlein?
Wehrlein will definitely be gone if Sauber stays with Ferrari engines, that is a fact (I'm pretty sure he's the reason why Sauber only ran the 2016 engine this year) - he's a Mercedes development driver. I actually thought that Haas would be Ferrari's junior team, but maybe Sauber will be easier to control. If this happens, we'll see both drivers and 2018 Ferrari engines in next year's Sauber, Wehrlein will go to Force India and Perez or Ocon to Williams.
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Vasconia

Schuttelberg wrote:
02 Aug 2017, 13:03
Vasconia wrote:
02 Aug 2017, 08:27
ringo wrote:
01 Aug 2017, 19:21
I see kimi going to mclaren for his last year or two in F1. I think he is super frustrated this year.
Bottas does fancy his chances better against vettel. Kimi has shown he can outpace vettel quite frequently and so bottas would see that as an opening to increase his chances of being wdc. Hamilton is just too fast for him.
Frequently? I must be following another season... :?

Kimi won´t go to McLaren. I can imagine how bad his performance would be if he finds a shitty car and a one which doesn´t adapt to his driving style.
McLaren won't take Kimi.

Fixed that for you!

Kimi will drive for Ferrari in 2018.
There was no need to fix it but thank you haha. Indeed, Kimi will stay in Ferrrari or retire, and now I would say that he will continue in Ferrari.

iotar__

Vasconia wrote:
02 Aug 2017, 15:31
Schuttelberg wrote:
02 Aug 2017, 13:03
Vasconia wrote:
02 Aug 2017, 08:27

Frequently? I must be following another season... :?

Kimi won´t go to McLaren. I can imagine how bad his performance would be if he finds a shitty car and a one which doesn´t adapt to his driving style.
McLaren won't take Kimi.

Fixed that for you!

Kimi will drive for Ferrari in 2018.
There was no need to fix it but thank you haha. Indeed, Kimi will stay in Ferrrari or retire, and now I would say that he will continue in Ferrari.
Of course he will be. He has been driving below basic competence for the last four season, including joint best car this in '17, yet they kept him every year so why change it now.

Enjoy high quality racing one more season, like Canada, Baku and Spain brought up as defence of this farce. They didn't mind losing to RB in '16 because of drivers they don't mind losing to Mercedes now. If you want to keep Raikkonen you're not a Ferrari fan.

nokivasara
nokivasara

As can be seen from all the different wish lists people have posted in this thread one thing is certain, we have a lot of talented drivers in this years championship!
I can't recall a year with so many possible WDC/WCC-title line-ups that we have now, and still there's a heap of very good drivers over for the midfield teams to grab...
Amazing really. Shows that F1 is still alive and kicking!

Kubicas test went really well, I'd hate to be Palmer right now even if I personally don't think he'll be back until next year.

godlameroso

What if it's Hulkenberg that gets the axe?
Saishū kōnā

basti313
basti313

godlameroso wrote:
02 Aug 2017, 21:53
What if it's Hulkenberg that gets the axe?
Why should he? Just signed a well paid contract, much faster than Palmer...
Don`t russel the hamster!

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Imagine this:

Hamilton. Alonso. Vettel. Raikkonen. Massa. Kubica. Verstappen. Ricciardo. Bottas. Hulkenberg. Now bring back Rosberg and Button. thats some amount of talented drivers.

Matter of fact, if i'd have to say how would you like 2018 to really look like?

Ferrari:
Hamilton + Ricciardo

Mercedes AMG:
Rosberg + Vettel

Mclaren - Honda :
Alonso + Raikkonen

RedBull - TAG Heuer:
Verstappen + Sainz

Renault:
Kubica + Bottas

Williams - Mercedes :
Button + Stroll

Force 1 - Aston Martin :
Ocon + Massa

Toro Rosso - Infinity :
Bruno Senna + Gasly

Haas - Honda :
Hulkenberg + Perez

Sauber - Maserati :
Kobayashi + LeClerc
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

godlameroso

Entertaining, silly but entertaining non-the less.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/kubi ... ce-937824/

What do you guys and gals make of this?
Saishū kōnā

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

godlameroso wrote:
03 Aug 2017, 00:12

perfect news. tomorrow will be even better.
he's saying this too to lessen hope for him stepping on in Spa.
he simply needs time, that's all i think. his not 100 percent claim is not because he can't, it's because he expected differently. he's a tad taken by surprise that the cars are so vastly different compaired to the E20 he drove which thus seemingly is less different compared to the R31? he drove before it all went haywire.

so simply said; he was expecting driving a pagani zonda but got a koenigsegg instead. it's not an issue at all, as the koenigsegg went perfectly well [the R17]. he said if he can drive swell tomorrow, then things look bright.

i mean 8 hours of contineous driving. with just 10 minutes of more or less a break. waw. talk about a fire baptism.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

godlameroso

Good point, I hope he does come back, sadly this was the last day of the test.
Saishū kōnā

PlatinumZealot

Manoah2u wrote:
03 Aug 2017, 00:21
godlameroso wrote:

perfect news. tomorrow will be even better.
he's saying this too to lessen hope for him stepping on in Spa.
he simply needs time, that's all i think. his not 100 percent claim is not because he can't, it's because he expected differently. he's a tad taken by surprise that the cars are so vastly different compaired to the E20 he drove which thus seemingly is less different compared to the R31? he drove before it all went haywire.

so simply said; he was expecting driving a pagani zonda but got a koenigsegg instead. it's not an issue at all, as the koenigsegg went perfectly well [the R17]. he said if he can drive swell tomorrow, then things look bright.

i mean 8 hours of contineous driving. with just 10 minutes of more or less a break. waw. talk about a fire baptism.
:lol: Kubica was being metaphorical.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

lol, my bad. i did sit a bit with what? but okay lol.

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

godlameroso wrote:

By "not 100% happy" it sounds like he just means he hasn't fully adapted to the car yet, which is fair enough; like he says it's a big change (or lots of changes).

The headline makes it sound like it might be an issue with his own performance, which it is in a way, but not as directly as it first seems, like maybe health-related or whatever. But that's modern journalism for you; they want you to go: "What?" *click*

dren

Alonso to Renault
Kubica to Mclaren Honda, 2018 WDC
Honda!

Gerhardsa

What about these rumors surrounding Vettel only wanting a 1 year deal to have his options open in 2019 when Ham's Merc contract ends?

If he does not want the 3 year deal Ferrari is offering, would he stay/submit to the 1 year deal?
Would Ferrari give him the 1 year deal?
I thought Ferrari was after Ric/Verstappen?
Wouldn't it benefit them to only offer both current guys a 1 year deal and then Ric and Verstappen can come on board 2019 (or whomever)

I kind of hope Ferrari doesn't want to budge, Vet leaves for wherever, and they take Alonso. Its time to see him in a competitive car again before he retires.