2009 F1 webstreams

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Conceptual
Conceptual

Re: 2009 F1 webstreams

MattF1 wrote:
Conceptual wrote: Man, why does the BBC have to be so discriminative against where I live?
May be something to do with them only having a contract to broadcast f1 in the UK only, and you don't want to mess with Bernie.

I can't make any promises, but I'll see if I can find somethin - although it may be a bit closer to the time.
I figured as much... Does anyone know if SpeedTV is webstreaming like the BBC?

I believe that the BBC does the world feed now, so it wouldnt be beyond reason for SpeedTV to mirror the BBC's devotion to the fans and follow their lead in this.

Maybe it is time to email Bob Varsha?

And I would be greatly appreciative if you find something.

I may even be willing to "donate" some for a F1Technical "members only" proxy for this feed, and I would bet that if anyone here is able to set it up, there would be others willing to help with the costs involved as well.

Tomba, is there any way that this could be done in conjunction with F1T without getting this wonderful site into hot water?

PM me if anyone wants to do this!

KJM3
KJM3

JamesS wrote:BBC will also be broadcasting all practices, including Saturday. ITV only did Friday practice.

No HD, because FOM do not provide HD feeds.
Last season I got an HD ITV feed in Canada on TSN.

Granted, it was not the best HD I've seen, but nonetheless, it was widescreen and much higher resolution than the SD Speed TV feed I got.

This year, I have SpeedTV HD so I'm expecting it to be HD on both channels now.

- KJ

Bob Brown

Wheels on TVU is great BUUUUUUUUUUT the channel tend to dissapear last year during the time F1 races would be on..........made me angry!!!

and yea seriously, any english stream that can be watched stateside would make me happy.

alelanza
alelanza

KJM3 wrote:
Last season I got an HD ITV feed in Canada on TSN.
AFAIK FOM does not provide HD, meaning all those are just upsampled.

Closer to the event a lot of streams pop up, i'll need one for the practices.
Alejandro L.

DarkSnape

Guys, I remembered. I live in Romania and the BBC does not exist in my list of programs to. Go to http://www.rojadirecta.com there`s daily program with the most important events. Go to the "Motor (F1): GP Formula 1 Australia (Practice 1)Practice 2 Qualifing race and so on.. and are available channels broadcasting. You must have installed tvu player and few other. You are skilled!

Kester
Kester

Using a uk proxy should allow you to watch BBC's iplayer. However I have no experience with that so can't help anyone with links.

ben_watkins
ben_watkins

BBC is funded by UK citizens paying a TV Licence here in the UK, which you must have to watch broadcast TV, of any kind including broadcast streams on you PC/Mac.

The current cost of a colour TV license is £139.50 GBP

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/index.jsp
BWP
Tripos Media Partners
#TriposMediaPartners

Bob Brown

so only BBC is showing Free Practice 1?

sticky667
sticky667

i'm also curious if there are any birds over the US which are feeding it where i can pull it up with an FTA setup.

thanks

pitlaneimmigrant
pitlaneimmigrant

Bob Brown wrote:so only BBC is showing Free Practice 1?
Yes, the Beeb is showing all sessions. BUT practice is only on digital (305 I think). Quali and the race are standard spec on BBC1

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

I have Sky+ so my guess will be that FP1 and FP2 as well as Sat Practice will be on the red button for me on BBCi in the sports multi-screen.

I was right, with a little bit of searching on BBC.co.uk, i found this out for the UK Guys:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 755219.stm

DarkSnape

hello back .. check this out ( for the people outside UK )
WATCH FORMULA 1 AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX PRACTICE STREAMING LIVE
http://goodcarbadcar.blogspot.com/2009/ ... ix_26.html

i tried the second link and it`s work...

EAKMotorsports
EAKMotorsports

And you can get the SpeedTV feed from TVU Player on the Wheels channel, but honestly, I prefer the British coverage to the American coverage, since there is no much more to it!

Thanks again![/quote]

I cannot find the Wheels Channel in TVU Player.
*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·` * EAK

Bob Brown

EAKMotorsports wrote:And you can get the SpeedTV feed from TVU Player on the Wheels channel, but honestly, I prefer the British coverage to the American coverage, since there is no much more to it!

Thanks again!
I cannot find the Wheels Channel in TVU Player.[/quote]

yea Wheels channel dies when it comes to the important races...........what a "coincidence" hahaha

NaZzO

this link seems to be working:
http://www.justin.tv/atomic_napalm
enjoy
Interviewer: The most exciting moment during the race weekend?
Kimi: I think it's the race start, always.
Interviewer: The most boring?
Kimi: Now.