British GP 2011 - Silverstone

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
myurr
myurr

Re: British GP 2011 - Silverstone

djos wrote:
Diesel wrote:Red Bull are really really upset by this rule change... are they really affected that much?

McLaren also look screwed. Ferrari win?
Maclaren still get Fired over-run so I dont know what they are complaining about - on the other hand Renault powered teams are screwed as "cold blowing" has been part of the V8's design and operation since at least 2009 and actually cools the valves down. Losing that is going to kill Renault's reliability and severly hurt their excellent heat rejection properties! :evil:
Except that according to the FIA there is no advantage given to the hot blowing used by Mercedes engines. Mercedes approached the FIA a week or two ago and asked to be able to use fuel to control the engine braking.

Renault weren't going to use more than 10% throttle until they realised that Mercedes had been given this dispensation and started their posturing.

That's all this is now. Renault will run with 10% throttle just fine all weekend, showing that their claims were posturing and nothing to do with reliability like they've been claiming. It's also amusing to see that it's not the engine guys up there protesting the FIA it's Red Bull - this is all about trying to get an advantage over the others.

McLaren have not got the hot blowing they had at the last race, and it's disingenuous to claim that they have.

djos

myurr wrote: Except that according to the FIA there is no advantage given to the hot blowing used by Mercedes engines. Mercedes approached the FIA a week or two ago and asked to be able to use fuel to control the engine braking.

Renault weren't going to use more than 10% throttle until they realised that Mercedes had been given this dispensation and started their posturing.

That's all this is now. Renault will run with 10% throttle just fine all weekend, showing that their claims were posturing and nothing to do with reliability like they've been claiming. It's also amusing to see that it's not the engine guys up there protesting the FIA it's Red Bull - this is all about trying to get an advantage over the others.

McLaren have not got the hot blowing they had at the last race, and it's disingenuous to claim that they have.
Everything I've read (eg from Scarbs etc) indicated that Renault where using 45% throttle open without fuel since at least 2009 if not earlier to make their engine reliable so imo the whole things stinks to high heaven of political interference!!
"In downforce we trust"

Morteza

myurr wrote:
djos wrote:
Diesel wrote:Red Bull are really really upset by this rule change... are they really affected that much?

Maclaren still get Fired over-run so I dont know what they are complaining about - on the other hand Renault powered teams are screwed as "cold blowing" has been part of the V8's design and operation since at least 2009 and actually cools the valves down. Losing that is going to kill Renault's reliability and severly hurt their excellent heat rejection properties! :evil:
Except that according to the FIA there is no advantage given to the hot blowing used by Mercedes engines. Mercedes approached the FIA a week or two ago and asked to be able to use fuel to control the engine braking.

+1
It's like last season. The myth that Renault engine is inferior to Mercedes blah blah blah...
Last edited by Morteza on 09 Jul 2011, 12:22, edited 1 time in total.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Traction

Vettel does it again in P3 with the fastest time.....once again showing the rest of the pack how it's done. Alonso is less than a ball hair in time behind him....unbelievable fast...good showing from him. 8) ...webber trying to keep up in 3rd and then the rest follow..... 8)
Generally I don't care about what people say. I have to be clear with myself. When everything goes well, people celebrate you, when you make mistakes people criticize you.
Sebastian Vettel

Morteza

Traction wrote:Vettel does it again in P3 with the fastest time.....once again showing the rest of the pack how it's done. Alonso is less than a ball hair in time behind him....unbelievable fast...good showing from him. 8) ...webber trying to keep up in 3rd and then the rest follow..... 8)
Good for you, mate. Show it to Horner to stop moaning...
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Traction

myurr wrote:
djos wrote:

So based on that then not only do RB have the best drivers, the best car and the best team they also have the best management with the best negotiating skills 8) :lol:
Generally I don't care about what people say. I have to be clear with myself. When everything goes well, people celebrate you, when you make mistakes people criticize you.
Sebastian Vettel

waynes
waynes

Traction wrote:So based on that then not only do RB have the best drivers, the best car and the best team they also have the best management with the best negotiating skills 8) :lol:
not really. faces like slapped arses all round on the Red Bull prat perch in my opinion because they didnt get to the FIA first like Mercedes did

cant stand Christian Horner either

Lorenzo_Bandini
Lorenzo_Bandini

James Allen: #f1 All team tech people been summoned by FIA for emergency meeting on engine throttle maps. Will ruling change again?

myurr
myurr

Lorenzo_Bandini wrote:James Allen: #f1 All team tech people been summoned by FIA for emergency meeting on engine throttle maps. Will ruling change again?
Or are teams attempting to circumvent the blown diffuser rulings, so that 1% throttle means 100% throttle but retarded ignition or something along those lines. Could be that the FIA will now insist that throttle maps are linear or at least one smooth curve.

mep

Omg
The new pit lane is lower than the track resulting in the fans being unable to see into them from the grandstands. :lol:
Cosidering this building is completely new I call this epic fail. They can tear down that --- and rebuild it 5m higher.
Are the brits unable to move some soil? #-o

kakogohrena
kakogohrena

myurr
myurr

mep wrote:Omg
The new pit lane is lower than the track resulting in the fans being unable to see into them from the grandstands. :lol:
Cosidering this building is completely new I call this epic fail. They can tear down that --- and rebuild it 5m higher.
Are the brits unable to move some soil? #-o
Errr that's exactly what they're doing. Those grand stands are a temporary solution due to be replaced over the next couple of years. The new grandstands will be more steeply angled giving a much better view of the pit lane.

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

djos wrote:
Diesel wrote:Hmm, and Vettel goes instantly P1, Red Bull are just bleating.
Huh? P3 isn't for another Hour?? :?
Nope, I'm in the UK so I think I know ;)

mep

Ah first they lower the pits and then they have to rise the grandstands so you can see into them. However you turn it a lowered pit makes no sense at all. A higher one yes but lower no. I would love to see them getting flooded with water.

CHT
CHT

FIA reverse the rule again less than half an hour before FP3?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/formula ... 092523.stm