2016 German Grand Prix - Hockenheim, 29-31 July

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Manjhi
Manjhi

Re: 2016 German Grand Prix - Hockenheim, 29-31 July

ChrisDanger wrote:Times with tyre/stint information...

https://i.imgur.com/EjExRxz.jpg
Since the tyre fiasco in Austria, Force India is more concentrated on race pace, tyre wear and very defensive with Tyre selections.

sosic2121
sosic2121

Restomaniac wrote:
WaikeCU wrote:
Vasconia wrote:
But if Nico is leading I cant imagine Lewis saving too much, I can see him fighting for the victory until the very last lap.(because we have already seen this)

This is why I say that it would be a more useful scenario to see which difference is the real one between them and RB.
True. That's why it's crucial for Lewis to be ahead of Nico. Also crucial that Lewis has to create that buffer of points ahead on Nico, knowing when he has to put a new PU in the back, he'll have to endure a grid drop. That will mean it will be most likely he'll end up 2nd if he slices through the field early on. If not, if he's stuck in traffic, I can't see him get by those RB's that easily.
It's Spa next up. Hamilton is fine as far as ICE's go it's the other stuff.
As someone said he could take a back of the grid penalty by chucking a stupid amount of components on his car and he is set for the rest of the season. If he does that in Spa it's a good bet he still gets second due to how that track is.

If he wins this weekend or even comes second he has the breathing room to do just that. Rosberg then has to nurse his components through the season or he will have to pull the same trick late on when it may cost him.
Isn't monza much better to do that "trick"?
It's next race after Spa.
He would probably end up 2nd, and with really good strategy maybe fight for win.
In spa I don't think podium is realistic.
also, if he would have to overtake max, anything could happen :evil:

Phil

I agree, i think starting from the back and finishing on the podium is far from certain, even in the Mercedes. I'd go with targeting 5th...
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

WaikeCU

Would you change it and take the penalty, knowing it would be a wet race at Spa?

NathanOlder

sosic2121 wrote:
Restomaniac wrote:
WaikeCU wrote:
True. That's why it's crucial for Lewis to be ahead of Nico. Also crucial that Lewis has to create that buffer of points ahead on Nico, knowing when he has to put a new PU in the back, he'll have to endure a grid drop. That will mean it will be most likely he'll end up 2nd if he slices through the field early on. If not, if he's stuck in traffic, I can't see him get by those RB's that easily.
It's Spa next up. Hamilton is fine as far as ICE's go it's the other stuff.
As someone said he could take a back of the grid penalty by chucking a stupid amount of components on his car and he is set for the rest of the season. If he does that in Spa it's a good bet he still gets second due to how that track is.

If he wins this weekend or even comes second he has the breathing room to do just that. Rosberg then has to nurse his components through the season or he will have to pull the same trick late on when it may cost him.
Isn't monza much better to do that "trick"?
It's next race after Spa.
He would probably end up 2nd, and with really good strategy maybe fight for win.
In spa I don't think podium is realistic.
also, if he would have to overtake max, anything could happen :evil:
I think Spa will be better as the Merc will have a bigger advantage on lap time compared to Monza. As an example , the williams will be a lot harder to pass at Monza than it will at Spa.
Also a new engine at Spa is pretty important.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

sosic2121
sosic2121

I think Williams is no more a problem for mercedes at any track. their goal would be to beat Ferrari and maybe RB.
IMO for hamilton is crucial to get to P6 ASAP and at monza I expect him to be in Top 10 in 2 laps. I don't think that's possible in spa...
merc could put skinny rear wing and sacrifice a little bit of lap time for higher top speed (for the first time?).
Old engine at spa is only downside. but even with old engine minimum P2 is guaranteed.
Last edited by sosic2121 on 29 Jul 2016, 14:13, edited 1 time in total.

3jawchuck
3jawchuck

Phil wrote:I agree, i think starting from the back and finishing on the podium is far from certain, even in the Mercedes. I'd go with targeting 5th...
I don't think he'd be starting from the back, only 2 of his component counts are critical, so he'd take a 10 place drop, right?

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

Manjhi wrote:
ChrisDanger wrote:Times with tyre/stint information...

https://i.imgur.com/EjExRxz.jpg
Since the tyre fiasco in Austria, Force India is more concentrated on race pace, tyre wear and very defensive with Tyre selections.
Teams must inform the FIA of their tyre choices eight weeks before the start of a European event, so whatever happened in Austria would have had no effect on this weekend's choices.

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

At last a credible source on this...
https://twitter.com/MBrundleF1/status/7 ... 0392851456

Wynters
Wynters

Given where Ferrari and Red Bull are, I think Hamilton would have a lot of trouble climbing any higher than 6th. Even if he got to that position with a pit stop left so he could try the undercut, Mercs pit stops have been very variable in terms of speed.

Any evidence of Hamilton doing a track walk? He tends not to do them these days, which I think is a little foolish. I'm sure he knows the tarmac like the back of his hand but he's leaving himself open to the vagaries of chance by not checking out how the ground around the track has settled, where turf has been relaid, curve runoff damaged, etc, etc.

Jolle
Jolle

Anyone up for the game for what infringement Rosberg will be called to the stewards this weekend?

Or is that harsh? :P

cooken
cooken

Long runs on SS. Rosberg has been more consistent, and consistently a few tenths faster than Hamilton. Both lapping for the most part near mid 1:20s. Red Bulls both look fairly close, seem to have a gap to Ferrari. This is just from observing live timing lap to lap so might look different once all the numbers are put together.

santos
santos

More then someone to subtitute James Alison, they need someone to substitute the strategist... It's FP2 and they send Vettel into traffic.

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

Charlie's getting serious about this now...

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger