Ferrari F138

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
stefan_
stefan_

Re: Ferrari F138

Australia - FP 3 (16.03.2013)

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Is there something that we should be looking at specifically? It's not a dig, but just a general question that I ask myself when people put up pics of cars.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

stefan_
stefan_

Whatever it is visible and can be compared to previous sessions. FW/RW combination, barge boards, turning vanes, brake dutcs.

Yesterday they used different engine covers. From this angle I can see Felipe using the one Fernando tested yesterday.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

F1.Ru

stefan_ wrote:Whatever it is visible and can be compared to previous sessions. FW/RW combination, barge boards, turning vanes, brake dutcs.

Yesterday they used different engine covers. From this angle I can see Felipe using the one Fernando tested yesterday.

yup like i said yesterday after back-to-back comparison they will elect what they are going to race, now it seems they are trying for the newer version of engine cover which extended throughout the beamwing .............
Formula One is a game.............. but not any ordinary game for me

smhasan7
smhasan7

So have they kept the new parts(FW) or reverted to older versions of some parts?.... Latter would suggest they still have correlation issues, former would suggest they're history now and cause for optimism

stefan_
stefan_

In the picture above it is the new front wing.

kebab
kebab

They seem to use new front wing but with old nose cone, the version without the small fin on the side bellow the Kapensky logo

stefan_
stefan_

Australia - FP3 & Q1 (16.03.2013)

smhasan7
smhasan7

The second photo shows the shark mouth/hole isn't there, wonder what might be the reason?

wesley123
wesley123

smhasan7 wrote:The second photo shows the shark mouth/hole isn't there, wonder what might be the reason?
The nose isnt fitted.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Bomber_Pilot

wesley123 wrote:
smhasan7 wrote:The second photo shows the shark mouth/hole isn't there, wonder what might be the reason?
The nose isnt fitted.
As it was mentioned before, the duct that leads into the chasis is gone as well. Here is a picture from Barcelona

istoker
istoker

Here is one hole but diferent than before i believe? I am right? Image

muelte
muelte

Closing the duct could be related to rain?

Goran2812
Goran2812

how did they close that duct on the chassis? By the looks of it, this is a new tub with no hole on the front... strange... Wouldn't there be some signs of the closed hole? o.O
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1

bhall
bhall

Goran2812 wrote:how did they close that duct on the chassis? By the looks of it, this is a new tub with no hole on the front... strange... Wouldn't there be some signs of the closed hole? o.O
They use a trumpet-like insert to couple the chassis inlet to the nose cone inlet. So, if they don't need the function of the inlet, they can just blank off the nose aperture and remove the chassis insert.