Mercedes AMG F1 Team 2012

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
yener

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 Team 2012

Cocles wrote:Nobert Haug: Third place for 2012, Second place for 2013, and the Championship in 2014.

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/ ... ntil-2014/
Could be, but remember the same Nobert Haug jelled before the 2010 and 2011 season that they would get podiums in 2010 and perhaps a WC in 2011.
We all know what happened :)
So let them talk.
I believe they have everything to be WC this year. If they will is another question.
"Life is about passions - Thank you for sharing mine" MSC

MercAMGF1Fans
MercAMGF1Fans

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W03

dren wrote:
Giorgio Piola Google Translation wrote:Delayed the debut of its Mercedes W03 has held forth in the interest of technical enthusiasts. The car made ​​under the direction of ross brawn, assisted by aldo coast, and jam packed with news. Since the last races of 2011 we have talked about blowing a brand new front wing baptized simplistically f-duct, a patent that allows you to route the air flow that affects the nose of the car depending on the angle of yaw. however, more attention is focused on the quasi double diffuser raised in the central area of 15 cm (on which the regulation seems incomplete) to pass the crash structure .

Reasons: In practice Mercedes would use the same concept introduced at the front channeling air into the cental area of the diffuser. at the end of the engine cover there is in fact a large oval hole that hides within it an obvious channel that leads air inside of the lower wing to get through the crash structure to the famous double diffuser. Also the hot air of the exhaust seems to flow in the same central area. Needless to say, pictures of Mercedes W03 are in all the technical departments of the various teams.

Red: however, interesting to note that even the Ferrari F2012 there a tube that allows passage of air between the end of the bonnet and lower profile rear wing. we'll see the red back on track in addition to type exhaust montmelo red bull could therefore have a double diffuser as well as the Melbourne version of the front wing.

Above the picture:
Highlighted in yellow the double diffuser made ​​in the area of 15 cm off limits at the confluence of the flows of air and discharges of both the blowing that arrives from the central part of the engine bonnet.
got the link to the article? thanks

Mr.S
Mr.S

What is the minimum target?
Brawn: third place, one better than last year. Any further improvement is of course welcome. Since psychology plays a big role. The team is highly motivated, but it needs food. And now the times are good results.

Also Nico said he is looking for a Race Win & HAS to exceed his podium tally in 2010 which was 2 or 3 Podiums right.

I have been saying THIS time & again. Ross says it now. 3rd Place is THE MINIMUM TARGET. If they come 4th again I think both Ross & Haug will get fired. I think Mercedes board have made their stand clear

Mr.S
Mr.S

Pierce89 wrote:
marcush. wrote:I have the opinion that MGP has come a long way in the last months and this will culminate in fulfilled promise later this year.
My bet is both drivers will win and Schumacher will finish the season ahead of Rosberg in the points table.
I have to think about what to eat when this will not happen.
In a race winning car, I don't think Mike would beat Nico over the season. I'm a firm believer, that in a winning car, that we would see a Nico of which we've never seen the likes before. I feel that if his confidence were to be unleashed Nico could race with the best, day in and day out. We've seen small flashes of absolute brilliance from Nico, which in a good car, he could show more and more.

Guess What? I'm Nico fan(both Nicos, actually) :D
Michael has something which no body in the paddock has. He has the X-factor in terms of intelligence,understanding the car & so on. Some of which Vettel & Alonso but not at his level.

Nico probably has more speed but being WDC is a whole different game. Intelligence at key points & maturity are very important. It is impossible to predict what can happen. Nico has the speed to be WDC that is for sure. As a qualifier he is up there with Seb.

Pierce89

Mr.S wrote:
Pierce89 wrote:
marcush. wrote:I have the opinion that MGP has come a long way in the last months and this will culminate in fulfilled promise later this year.
My bet is both drivers will win and Schumacher will finish the season ahead of Rosberg in the points table.
I have to think about what to eat when this will not happen.
In a race winning car, I don't think Mike would beat Nico over the season. I'm a firm believer, that in a winning car, that we would see a Nico of which we've never seen the likes before. I feel that if his confidence were to be unleashed Nico could race with the best, day in and day out. We've seen small flashes of absolute brilliance from Nico, which in a good car, he could show more and more.

Guess What? I'm Nico fan(both Nicos, actually) :D
Michael has something which no body in the paddock has. He has the X-factor in terms of intelligence,understanding the car & so on. Some of which Vettel & Alonso but not at his level.

Nico probably has more speed but being WDC is a whole different game. Intelligence at key points & maturity are very important. It is impossible to predict what can happen. Nico has the speed to be WDC that is for sure. As a qualifier he is up there with Seb.
Frank Williams said Nico is the most intelligent driver he's ever met. He's also got a small amount of engineering schooling. Nico has what it takes to stomp Mike's head in.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Mr.S
Mr.S

Frank Williams is an old man who sells Seats for money & has no idea what he is talking about now.

Nico does have what it makes to stomp Mike's head in QUALIFYING for sure. Hell he would probably have Alonso for break-fast & dump him making him feel like a Joke. He is that Good in Qualifying.

He has to back it in a Race. Secondly he has to stop talking like an idiot. He was trying to explain the EBD in a Some Fan Forum & he sounded absolutely ridiculous. And he fades away in crucial times at races. I think he is too soft to be WDC. Does not have the politics & bitchiness Alonso has or the Sheer Ruthlessness & heartlessness Michael had.

Time will TELL.

prince
prince

I think people are forgetting what Michael did for Ferrari for a decade. Look where the team was before he joined them and see where they are heading after he left them. He brought along with him, Rory Byrne and Ross Brawn. This is the team which brought glitter and fame back to a struggling Ferrari. Michael might not have possessed raw speed as a racing driver, but he has all the intelligence in the world to create a winning team. I don't think any driver in the past or in current generation has that ability.

Med4224

http://www.motorsport-total.com/f1/news ... 30106.html

Brawn says they're not there yet, they are slower than Redbull, and that he expects 3rd as minimal with consistent podiums. Seems he was expecting more, his tone is a little reserved, but asserts that it is an improvement over W02. Also says that the car doesn't "chew" its tyres like before.

They are struggling with balance as well.

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/form ... 45368.html

Here they are holding an online interview session with Haug. You can post your questions as comments, not sure if you can in English or not though.

Edit: i think this is the full interview

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/form ... 45287.html
Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

Albert Einstein

munudeges
munudeges

xpensive wrote:Is it time for this year's Mercedes wager, what do you think JET?
Already have mine in. Even money for Vettel is a steal. :D

Shockingly, I also have an outside bet on Merc AMG finishing in the top three. :shock: The current car is a watershed - much better build quality, no stupid surprises in wheelbase and their front wing is like night and day compared to what they mucked about with for the best part of three years.

Overhauling Ferrari is an opportunity. They've got themselves into a panic about overhauling Red Bull when they really need to be looking over their shoulders. Whether that will all be enough for the Merc board, however, is another matter.

xpensive
xpensive

munudeges wrote: ...
Shockingly, I also have an outside bet on Merc AMG finishing in the top three. :shock: The current car is a watershed - much better build quality, no stupid surprises in wheelbase and their front wing is like night and day compared to what they mucked about with for the best part of three years.
Agreed, it's amazing what a metamorphosis the W03 is from its predecessor, something serious must have happened within the team and I doubt it's only about the advent of Bob Bell, could it be that they got Stuttgart out of their hair?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

raymondu999

失败者找理由,成功者找方法

kooleracer
kooleracer

Is Mercedes planning to bring updates to this test. Because Ferrari,McLaren en Red Bull did or are bringing updates tomorrow.
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

lillschumi
lillschumi

Been waiting some time to see how testing unfolds until making comments. Now it´s clear W03 will be a relativly step backwords. MGP don´t seem to get their act together, they are losing out relativly each year.

This about making progress each year is complete BS.

Things i have notices in general is that the seldom run any flow rigs or advanced measuring when testing, not even Flo-Wiz (almost), no diffrent configurations. The whole project seems uninspired.

W01=podiums
W02=4th place
W03=my prediction is hard battle with Sauber, FI. Lotus, Macca,Red Bull, Ferrari wont be in reach.

staphen
staphen

lillschumi wrote: Now it´s clear W03 will be a relativly step backwords. MGP don´t seem to get their act together, they are losing out relativly each year.

W03=my prediction is hard battle with Sauber, FI. Lotus, Macca,Red Bull, Ferrari wont be in reach.
are you serious ? its just testing, laptimes mean nothing,
and they have done a good program with a lot of laps....
also with the signing of bob bell and aldo costa I can see a big step forward..
if its enough to battle with red bull or mclaren we will see in melbourne...not before

Ferraripilot

lillschumi wrote:Been waiting some time to see how testing unfolds until making comments. Now it´s clear W03 will be a relativly step backwords. MGP don´t seem to get their act together, they are losing out relativly each year.

Things i have notices in general is that the seldom run any flow rigs or advanced measuring when testing, not even Flo-Wiz (almost), no diffrent configurations. The whole project seems uninspired.

W01=podiums
W02=4th place

People in much higher and more informed positions than any of us have spoken and are usually incredibly accurate with their predictions, and W03 is indeed a huge step forward and the Ferrari is a huge step backward. Please pass the crack pipe