Has Max been a verryyy naughty boy?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
checkered

Re: Has Max been a verryyy naughty boy?

Tom wrote:... and I think most of Formula 1 doesn't want to see Max survive this.
And that is a bit

of a problem for Formula One, now isn't it? For all his adversaries and detractors, there has been no-one up to the job of challenging him on motorsport governance grounds (even though there has seemingly been ample opportunity and willingness to do so), so what does that tell us about the general state of Formula One if this unsavory fare ends up toppling Mosley? The best effort that could be mustered, truly?

This reflects badly on everyone and while I fully recognise that here we have something that is very likely to be the straw of "immensely bad personal judgement" that breaks the back of the camel that is Max's FIA reign, this hay here sure wasn't made while the sun shone. No, it has a history backroom dealings, massive egoes, medieval tactics and shady corners written all over it. This also raises questions about blackmail being possible for those lacking scruples. Anything but appealing and given that some of whom may think of themselves as beneficiaries (by indefinite criteria) have been around for a while, many will find that the tar sticks.

The media loves the word "scandal" since it gives the appearance of distance and impartiality. The reality of the matter is, of course, different. Imagine being one of the women depicted in the video; arranging for the event and the premises, imagine filming the video, imagine tipping off "News of the World", supplying the material and then someone making editorial choices focussing solely on Mosley by the merit of something that has to do with this particular event only through his person. Then consider how much of this can happen by chance. Right.

When the question "Is this really worthwhile?" arises, it usually implies that the whole gamut of issues should've been thought of (and dealt with) a good while prior to the doubts emerging. No use crying over spilt milk now. For the love of motorsport we've been reduced to facing the image of a bare behind of a 67 year old man and considering the implications thereof.

It shouldn't be very difficult to do better.

Ted68

I guess we can forget about an Israeli GP.
Heaven: Where the cooks are French, the police are British, the lovers are Greek, the mechanics are German, and it is all organized by the Swiss.

Hell: Where the cooks are British, the police are German, the lovers are Swiss, the mechanics are French, and it is all organized by the Greeks.

MrT
MrT

Sad that this comes at a time when motorsport should be mourning the loss of David Leslie and Richard Lloyd, not to mention Jean Marie Balestre.

ben_watkins
ben_watkins

Perhaps we'll see an early entry of Jean Todt into the FIA presidency?
BWP
Tripos Media Partners
#TriposMediaPartners

Rob W

I have just looked at about 20 mainstream newspapers online (yes, I have nothing better to do 8)) which do tons of reporting on F1 and not a single one has run the story as being legit.

This indicates to me that either (as I suspect) the News Of The World reporter made it up (they are a shonky tabloid after all) or were duped by some fake pics - or Mosley somehow got legal documents to hundreds of newspapers threatening legal action (on grounds such as copyright infringement of the photos, defamation because they're fakes etc) - pretty unlikely really.

But if this was the case then surely the newspapers would run a "we can't run the story because.." type story. Which none of them are.

Add to this they got supposed quotes from several top personalities before anyone else knew about it at all.. pretty unlikely imo. And the photos themselves... take with a camera in the room - which Mosley would have been able to see - I'm sure he's not stupid enough to risk that.

R
Last edited by Rob W on 31 Mar 2008, 14:51, edited 1 time in total.

axle
axle

Then you missed The Times - online which most definately is running it.
- Axle

monkeyboy1976
monkeyboy1976

Rob W

What I meant was none of the mainstream papers are claiming the story. They're only running stories saying "Ecclestone says.." or "allegations he participated..". None of them seem to be taking the evidence as being solid/provable etc.

(I've edited my post to make that more clear)

R

zac510
zac510

Most News Corp/News Ltd papers are running it.
No good turn goes unpunished.

Militia Est Vita

I think F1 already had enought with the spy scandal last year to start this 2008 with a new one. I think the guillotine is being, or should be prepared for Mosley :twisted:
Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy --- we don't need. - Tyler Durden - Fight Club.

bhall
bhall

ben_watkins wrote:Perhaps we'll see an early entry of Jean Todt into the FIA presidency?
I sincerely hope not.

whiplash

ben_watkins wrote:Perhaps we'll see an early entry of Jean Todt into the FIA presidency?
I hope not either we want an independent at the top of the Fia not an x ferarri boss maybe Eddie Jordan could take up the role

Conceptual
Conceptual

whiplash wrote:
I hope not either we want an independent at the top of the Fia not an x ferarri boss maybe Eddie Jordan could take up the role
PAT SYMONDS!

I love his attitude about racing, and would LOVE to see where he would take F1 in the future!

Chris

bhall
bhall

I was going to post one of the Mosley photos to illustrate a peculiar irregularity, one where Mosley's face looks cropped, but found that they've been removed from the News of the World website.

In light of that, I don't think it's a stretch to assume that some sort of legal action has already begun.

P_O_L

whiplash wrote:
I remember eddie..what an asshole he was when teamboss. Pay tons to get the spice girls at the etam launch but no mney to make a realiable gearbox. ''ej just thinks about the wingspan of his private jet'' was ecclestones remark when ej wanted to have a coup and oust mosley somewhere 2002. 'fans want to see racing till the last ounce' eddie fumed after austria 2002 while racing thill the last ounce, was exactly what he forbid his driver ralf schumacher from doing when he closed in on poor stricken damon hill at spa 98. Refusing to pay out his working staff and instead spends money to redecorate his 8 million pound chelsea condomenium, mowing the lawn of his irish farm, or go on a fishing trip with his 90ft yacht. Lets skip ej shall we.

If we have to replace mosley, lets think about pat symonds, or gerhard berger, or nigel mansell. wouldnt mind todt but somehow dont think hell get the job since the fia needs to have a slight biasm towards mclaren ey. ;)
Last Tango In Paris