Who should win the title this year? why or why not?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
imightbewrong
imightbewrong

Re: Who deserves to win the title this year? why or why not?

Whoever has the most points when the season ends.

freedom_honda

Last year people say Button won the WCC simply because of how fast the car was. But if Vettel wins the championship this year, it would be purely because of the car. He made so many mistakes this year, the only reason why he is still up there in the championship standing is because of the car's huge performance advantage over the other cars.

raymondu999

It looks like this is turning into "who do you want" to win. Hence I'm staying out of this conversation
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

RH1300S
RH1300S

I'll plant a cheek each side of the fence :D

This has been a season where the top five drivers have had championship drives and also made errors or under-performed in some way.

Right now as of post Suzuka I would say Webber because he has generally kept his head better than a couple of the others and had good pace. He would deserve a championship.

Come the end of the season:

If it was Vettel in front, more than likely he will have driven the last few races like a champion.

Ditto Hamilton

Ditto Alonso

Ditto Button (although outsider for the hunt now)

It could be that any of them deserve it at the end of the season.

gridwalker
gridwalker

Personally, I think that Nico Rosberg DESERVES this season's title for consistantly and thoroughly outperforming the most successful driver ever known ... that doesn't mean that it could ever happen though.
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

raymondu999

Interestingly I think the 5 drivers have at different points in the year shown flashes of why they deserve it. Sebastian Vettel has in his first two races, where he just got his head down and raced on only to have sure victories snatched away, as well as several drives carrying problems (brakeless last few laps in Barcelona... etc) as well as a marvelous drive in Suzuka, Mark Webber around the Spain - Canada time, Button with his two magnificent calls on strategy in China and Australia, Lewis with his amazing mid-season momentum from Canada thru Silverstone, as well as a stunning drive at Spa, and Alonso with his mighty resurgence.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

vall
vall

WhiteBlue wrote:The driver with the most points in the end deserves it. I would be disappointed if it was Alonso though because he got seven points by an illegal team order from Massa. The stewards and the FiA did not rectify that fault. So if Alonso wins by less than seven points his title is forever tainted.
I think Webber deserves it most, though I would like Alonso to win it.

As for Alonso in Germany, remember that Heiki (and Piquet for what matters) let LH through without any fight. Possibly Heiki let him through at Silverstone as well. LH won the title by 1 point. How about that? Is this WDC tainted as well?

fausto cedros

vall wrote:I think Webber deserves it most, though I would like Alonso to win it.

As for Alonso in Germany, remember that Heiki (and Piquet for what matters) let LH through without any fight. Possibly Heiki let him through at Silverstone as well. LH won the title by 1 point. How about that? Is this WDC tainted as well?
Well, and what about the win in Spa stolen from Hamilton and handed gently to Massa???
So, at this point Alonso stands 7 points ahead of where he was supposed to be thanks to the FIA, and i really don't think RBR has played entirely fair, though.As well, McLaren has thrown it, in my opinion, with poor engineering and race management as well as Hamilton's errors.Button could have been faster some times.
In the end,i think that webber has been blatantly lucky where Vettel has not, so in the end i wish Sebastian to get it.
"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere" Anthony Bruce Colin Chapman

BMW_F1
BMW_F1

It has to be Alonso for me.. After all the bad luck he had early on in the season and fact that he's driven a car this year that is not as dominant as the f2007/f2008 and still be this close to the title makes him stand out from the rest..
I would feel the same for Lewis if I was his fan, but I am not.

lolzi
lolzi

None of those idiots deserve the title this year, I should get it! They already get all the money and everything, why do they deserve the title as well?

I want the title. If I can't get that, I want their money.

donskar
donskar

lolzi wrote:None of those idiots deserve the title this year, I should get it! They already get all the money and everything, why do they deserve the title as well?

I want the title. If I can't get that, I want their money.
Hmmmmm . . . A post that disproves the theory of natural selection. But then a thread like this does encourage some unorthodox thinking.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Not wanting to blow smoke in an upwards direction etc etc, perhaps the moderators should win the title for presiding over us lot! :lol:

raymondu999

Well Bernie Ecclestone DID tip Vettel for the title. Seems now Martin Brundle does too: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsp ... 079977.stm
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

WhyMe
WhyMe

why is everyone on about luck? a driver shouldn't diserve a championship bec they had bad luck!

rich1701
rich1701

I want Webber to win, but for me the Driver of the year has been Robert Kubica.