Lotus E22 Pre-launch Speculation

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Blackout

Re: Lotus E22 Pre-launch Speculation

The showcar at Enstone's CFD centre

mikeerfol

When will the launch start?

astracrazy
astracrazy

i really don't see the point of that show car/picture made up of loads of different parts

SectorOne

mikeerfol wrote:When will the launch start?
4 pm i think someone wrote. I´m guessing it´s CET.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Neno
Neno

astracrazy wrote:i really don't see the point of that show car/picture made up of loads of different parts
It's car for promo video or pictures, they are not showing their 2014 car and inovations in advance for other teams to copy it by Australian GP.

turbof1

astracrazy wrote:i really don't see the point of that show car/picture made up of loads of different parts
I even find this practice offending. I can accept an old FW and no aero detailing, but if you think you can fool fans into believing that the beam wing in that format is new, then you have a very low esteem for your fans.
#AeroFrodo

Blackout

They put an old car or a show car in front of their CFD center at Enstone every year... And they try to make it look as close as possible to the current year's car...

http://www.grandprix247.com/wp-content/ ... konen1.jpg
https://communities.netapp.com/servlet/ ... 06/JT2.jpg
Last edited by Blackout on 07 Feb 2014, 14:54, edited 2 times in total.

mikeerfol

SectorOne wrote:
mikeerfol wrote:When will the launch start?
4 pm i think someone wrote. I´m guessing it´s CET.
Ok, thanks :)

quidam
quidam

4pm CET it's Winter Olympics games at Sochi show :wink:

Holm86

6 February 2014 – Lotus will launch its new car at the start of the next pre-season test in Bahrain, GPUpdate.net can confirm.

It had been suggested that the E22 chassis, already showcased in the form of a digitial rendered image, would be unveiled to the public on Friday afternoon, but a spokesman for the Enstone-based outfit has denied this.

The new design will instead be presented directly before hitting the track at Sakhir, and is set to run throughout both four-day gatherings, which take place from February 19-22 and February 27-March 2 respectively.

Lotus was the only team to miss the opening Jerez test, citing additional car development time as the main factor
http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/3063 ... ain-tests/

FW17

Is the width of the front wing as per 2014 regulations?Image

FrukostScones

Holm86 wrote:
6 February 2014 – Lotus will launch its new car at the start of the next pre-season test in Bahrain, GPUpdate.net can confirm.

It had been suggested that the E22 chassis, already showcased in the form of a digitial rendered image, would be unveiled to the public on Friday afternoon, but a spokesman for the Enstone-based outfit has denied this.

The new design will instead be presented directly before hitting the track at Sakhir, and is set to run throughout both four-day gatherings, which take place from February 19-22 and February 27-March 2 respectively.

Lotus was the only team to miss the opening Jerez test, citing additional car development time as the main factor
http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/3063 ... ain-tests/
damn, hoped we see it today

@WilliamsF1 : NO
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

BanMeToo
BanMeToo

WilliamsF1 wrote:Is the width of the front wing as per 2014 regulations?
No man, that's not a real wing. It has fully two elements :wink: Like a Lego piece. Just for show.

FrukostScones

BanMeToo wrote:
WilliamsF1 wrote:Is the width of the front wing as per 2014 regulations?
No man, that's not a real wing. It has fully one element :wink: Like a Lego piece. Just for show.
incorrect, it is 2009 outwash design.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

astracrazy
astracrazy

Blackout wrote:
They put an old car or a show car in front of their CFD center at Enstone every year... And they try to make it look as close as possible to the current year's car...
well then in this case they have failed because apart from the nose its totally different. What they have tried to do is create some sort of frenzy by falling people to think its the new car

(which as we have seen in this thread with some its worked)
Neno wrote:
It's car for promo video or pictures, they are not showing their 2014 car and inovations in advance for other teams to copy it by Australian GP.
if thats the reason, why release pictures revealing there clever nose design 2 weeks ago...

its just insulting to fans
Last edited by astracrazy on 07 Feb 2014, 18:06, edited 3 times in total.