2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Redragon

Re: 2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

And who is gonna paiy for that? They will have a fine from Honda for braking contract and they will jave to pay Mercedes for PU. Economically and if it is not to win is suicidal

diffuser

Redragon wrote:
29 Apr 2017, 15:17
And who is gonna paiy for that? They will have a fine from Honda for braking contract and they will jave to pay Mercedes for PU. Economically and if it is not to win is suicidal
Doesn't mean his prediction is gonna be right!

What's the expression .. it's Dejavu all over again!

Some people are just late to the news and they repeat stuff 3 weeks later.

We all know that Alonso said that his staying next year was dependent on Honda's recovery. That doesn't sound to me like Honda is going anywhere.

GhostF1
GhostF1

ollandos wrote:
29 Apr 2017, 14:09

the best news for a long time
Worst news*

At absolute best it would pretty much solidify the notion that they will never be world champions ever again.

GhostF1
GhostF1

GhostF1 wrote:
29 Apr 2017, 15:46
ollandos wrote:
29 Apr 2017, 14:09

the best news for a long time
Worst news*

At absolute best it would pretty much solidify the notion that they will never be world champions ever again. Only runner ups.

GoranF1
GoranF1

Mclaren whit Honda engine is in trouble,but Mclaren whit Mercedes engine will never be allowed by Mercedes to win title.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

JuanjoTS
JuanjoTS

First to say that it is evident that there is a brutal difference of the first 4 with the rest, regardless of the engine they carry.

Secondly, I think this circuit is one of the ones that most evidences the lack of power, there is only an aero curve, the 3, and a chassis curve, the 13, the rest are not complicated curves, they are curves to stop and quit , Which shows the lack of power is the speed of the curves, reduce to 130 / 150km /h and accelerate up to 270 / 300km /h, a range of speeds that increases the differences in power, if you have a deficit of 50cv will seem That you have a deficit of 100cv ... all cars accelerate easily from 0 to 220 / 230km /h, the problem is when you stay in intermediate speeds 130 / 150km /h and you have to launch the car at 270 / 300km /h magnifies the Power differences.

That said and as a personal opinion, I think the difference between McHonda and the Ferrari and Mercedes is between 70 and 80 hp, is a lot, but in a circuit of these characteristics seems a deficit of between 140 and 160hp.

If to all this we add that it is a circuit of the longest, the 4th of the world with 5.8km, then the calculations come out, in this circuit pure power is perhaps more important than in Monza.

https://goo.gl/photos/imftGmyY7ymFnYy97

To support what I say I set the example with the RedBull in Bahrain, in a circuit where they mix needs for a car, aero, chassis, engine, RB is to an average of 0.850s of Mercedes and Ferrari, in the circuit of Sochi In which the main power is the pure power (although record speeds are not reached) the difference increases practically to the double.

https://goo.gl/photos/92QZp1mxVh9cFtkv8
Last edited by JuanjoTS on 29 Apr 2017, 16:46, edited 1 time in total.

Chicane
Chicane

Alonso: McLaren losing three seconds on Sochi's straights

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/alon ... ts-899606/
Quickshifter

adrianjordan

Redragon wrote:
Contracts have break clauses and performance clauses.

Perhaps Mclaren have decided that 3 seasons as a top 3 team, even if not winning the title will revive their brand and they can find another partner ready for the next change of PU regs...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

ollandos
ollandos

GoranF1 wrote:
29 Apr 2017, 15:53
Mclaren whit Honda engine is in trouble,but Mclaren whit Mercedes engine will never be allowed by Mercedes to win title.
the best season for mclaren on this new hudrid era it was with mercedes ..with worst chassis with worst fuel and electronics it was 1-1.5sec from the top...3 years back ..with new bigger effect from tires with in house engine maps and elentrocics developent and top class chassis-aero yes i think mclaren can win....NO otheir of mercedes customers have the facilitys and money and staff of mclaren ...the best from honda is to be 60-80hp back with terribly reliability ...us mercedes customer can be much closer...and it was ..for me there is no way to be mclaren worst from 2014 us mercedes customer....and no way to be better with honda from 2014 ...we see for honda on 2022 again ...

ollandos
ollandos

adrianjordan wrote:
29 Apr 2017, 16:41
Redragon wrote:
Contracts have break clauses and performance clauses.

Perhaps Mclaren have decided that 3 seasons as a top 3 team, even if not winning the title will revive their brand and they can find another partner ready for the next change of PU regs...
for 2018 there is no alonso 40m contact ...with honda money ...and with mercedes for sure they can win more from FOM ...and find some sponsors ...on this situation with honda they lose much more from 18m for customer engine ...and something more ...its better for mercedes to lose from mclaren than ferrari....

GoranF1
GoranF1

ollandos wrote:
29 Apr 2017, 16:45
GoranF1 wrote:
the best season for mclaren on this new hudrid era it was with mercedes ..with worst chassis with worst fuel and electronics it was 1-1.5sec from the top...3 years back ..with new bigger effect from tires with in house engine maps and elentrocics developent and top class chassis-aero yes i think mclaren can win....NO otheir of mercedes customers have the facilitys and money and staff of mclaren ...the best from honda is to be 60-80hp back with terribly reliability ...us mercedes customer can be much closer...and it was ..for me there is no way to be mclaren worst from 2014 us mercedes customer....and no way to be better with honda from 2014 ...we see for honda on 2022 again ...
The best thing for Mclaren is to stick out trough this difficult time whit Honda, because when Honda dominate the dominate big time....sam whit Alonso, he needs to stay put.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

ronanharris09
ronanharris09

JuanjoTS wrote:
29 Apr 2017, 16:19
First to say that it is evident that there is a brutal difference of the first 4 with the rest, regardless of the engine they carry.
But it looks like they have to arrange the first 4 races to show how much the performance has improved and how much power gained from every PU.
When it comes to 💻 science 💫, what I much about it 💢 is analyzing the 📉 📊 👌.

JuanjoTS
JuanjoTS

ronanharris09 wrote:
29 Apr 2017, 17:28
JuanjoTS wrote:
29 Apr 2017, 16:19
But it looks like they have to arrange the first 4 races to show how much the performance has improved and how much power gained from every PU.
It is the circuit where only the power difference, neither chassis nor aero, although not of excessive consumption nor of record speeds for me is the circuit where the pure power is more important of the whole championship, that is why they stand out here The evolutions of the PU.

In Spa in Silverston, in Monza ... the chassis and the aero have more importance, the décicits of the PU camouflage better.

alonsofan
alonsofan

GoranF1 wrote:
29 Apr 2017, 17:04
ollandos wrote:
29 Apr 2017, 16:45
GoranF1 wrote:
The best thing for Mclaren is to stick out trough this difficult time whit Honda, because when Honda dominate the dominate big time....sam whit Alonso, he needs to stay put.
Alonso doesn't have time on his side buddy. Honda screwed him big time. He'll probably retire next year, cause Ferrari ain't gonna call him, and I don't see Toto giving out positive vibes.

alonsofan
alonsofan

Ferrari and Vettel fans are having the time of their lives, and Alonso fans are feeling more miserable than ever :cry: :cry: :cry: