2010 Winter Testing

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Mr Alcatraz

Re: 2010 Winter Testing Thread

Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Anyone got the complete chassis numbers for each day???

So far i know that Toro Rosso used the STR5-02 for both drivers accross the 3 days and BMW Sauber used the C29-01 for both drivers accross the 3 days.

Or is that asking too much???

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

ESPImperium wrote:Or is that asking too much???
Compared to what some noobs ask for? No. :)

Ferrari have only used one chassis so far, obviously shared by Massa (Mon-Tue) and Alonso (Wed). The second chassis is under construction and will be used at the third test session (Jerez).

Monday (2-1-10) - 102 laps
Tuesday (2-2-10) - 125 laps
Wednesday (2-3-10) - 127 laps

F10-01: 354 laps = 1417.8km
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

imightbewrong
imightbewrong

ESPImperium wrote:Anyone got the complete chassis numbers for each day???

So far i know that Toro Rosso used the STR5-02 for both drivers accross the 3 days and BMW Sauber used the C29-01 for both drivers accross the 3 days.

Or is that asking too much???
This is from Ferrari:
Maranello, 7 February – The Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro is getting ready for this season’s second test session, on the agenda from 10 to 13 February at the Spanish Jerez de la Frontera circuit. Tomorrow morning the main part of the team will leave Maranello, including mechanics and the men working at the logistics, telemetry and electronics, while the engineers will arrive in Spain on Tuesday evening. Four days of tests are set: Fernando Alonso will start on the track the first two days, followed by Felipe Massa, who will sit behind the wheel as of Friday 12. The F10 already arrived in Jerez after the revision done last Wednesday night in Valencia. The car’s configuration will substantially remain the same compared to its debut: there will be only some mechanical updates.

Meanwhile in Maranello the work on the assembly of the F10’s second chassis goes on briskly. This single-seater will be used during the third test session, held again in Jerez, from 17 to 20 February.

jddh1

So the Jerez test is next week? No tests this week?

Miguel
Miguel

jddh1 wrote:So the Jerez test is next week? No tests this week?
The tests in Jerez take place between the 10th and 13th. Usually, gpupdate.net will have the dates of the next test, as well as pictures and times from the previous one. Also, the main page of this very site has a schedule showing you when the next test will take place.
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

WhiteBlue

jddh1 wrote:So the Jerez test is next week? No tests this week?

Wednesday
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

jddh1

Thanks to both Miguel and WB.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

According to GPUpdate; the Jerez testing line-up is as follows:

McLaren-Mercedes

Wednesday: Jenson BUTTON
Thursday: Jenson BUTTON
Friday: Lewis HAMILTON
Saturday: Lewis HAMILTON

Mercedes GP

Wednesday: Nico ROSBERG
Thursday: Michael SCHUMACHER
Friday: Nico ROSBERG
Saturday: Michael SCHUMACHER

Red Bull-Renault

Wednesday: Mark WEBBER
Thursday: Mark WEBBER
Friday: Sebastian VETTEL
Saturday: Sebastian VETTEL

Ferrari

Wednesday: Fernando ALONSO
Thursday: Fernando ALONSO
Friday: Felipe MASSA
Saturday: Felipe MASSA

Sauber-Ferrari

Wednesday: Kamui KOBAYASHI
Thursday: Kamui KOBAYASHI
Friday: Pedro DE LA ROSA
Saturday: Pedro DE LA ROSA

Williams-Cosworth

Wednesday: Nico HÜLKENBERG
Thursday: Nico HÜLKENBERG
Friday: Rubens BARRICHELLO
Saturday: Rubens BARRICHELLO

Renault

Wednesday: Vitaly PETROV
Thursday: Vitaly PETROV
Friday: Robert KUBICA
Saturday: Robert KUBICA

Force India-Mercedes

Wednesday: Vitantonio LIUZZI
Thursday: Vitantonio LIUZZI
Friday: Adrian SUTIL
Saturday: Adrian SUTIL

Toro Rosso-Ferrari

Wednesday: Sébastien BUEMI
Thursday: Sébastien BUEMI
Friday: Jaime ALGUERSUARI
Saturday: Jaime ALGUERSUARI

Virgin-Cosworth

TBC

Not attending:

- Campos-Cosworth
- Lotus-Cosworth
- US F1-Cosworth

luca
luca

It seems like Mercedes is the only team alternating the drivers each day. All the other teams have their drivers testing for two days in a row.

WhiteBlue

luca wrote:It seems like Mercedes is the only team alternating the drivers each day. All the other teams have their drivers testing for two days in a row.
It is certainly more convenient for the drivers to be on duty for only two days. On the other hand the alternating schedule will give more flexibility in case the test gets hit by rain and adjustments must be made to get equal driving experience for both drivers. Schu has never been shy to invest more time with testing and Nico probably follows that practise.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Mr Alcatraz

WhiteBlue wrote:
luca wrote:It seems like Mercedes is the only team alternating the drivers each day. All the other teams have their drivers testing for two days in a row.
It is certainly more convenient for the drivers to be on duty for only two days. On the other hand the alternating schedule will give more flexibility in case the test gets hit by rain and adjustments must be made to get equal driving experience for both drivers. Schu has never been shy to invest more time with testing and Nico probably follows that practise.
And Brawn has worked with Mike long enough to know he want him there for the whole session.
Mike needs to eat, drink, and sleep getting back ihto his F1 zone.
Nico can impress the hell out of me by continuing to keep his mouth shut and grow [up] a little more! :lol:

Giblet
Giblet

Nico is one of the best educated and intelligent chaps on the grid, he won't be doing anything stupid, or opening his mouth in a bad way.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Mr Alcatraz

Giblet wrote:Nico is one of the best educated and intelligent chaps on the grid, he won't be doing anything stupid, or opening his mouth in a bad way.
He still has everything to prove at this level.
Actually I'm quite interested in how this sub-plot of the season
plays out.
Mercedes is the bigest mystery to me so far.

WhiteBlue

It looks like dry wheather in Jerez at the moment. At least that is what the satellite pic says. The rain probability for the day is 70%. Is someone there to give a report?