McLaren 2015 livery

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
acosmichippo
acosmichippo

Re: McLaren Livery

Of course it will be. If they were doing a test livery, it would be plain black, silver, orange or something. Why go through all that effort of design and video production just to change it again in two months?

My advice would be to get used to it, this livery is here to stay.

djos

mikeerfol wrote:Now that's.. I don't know :lol:
I think the word you are looking for is "disappointing".
"In downforce we trust"

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

acosmichippo wrote:Of course it will be. If they were doing a test livery, it would be plain black, silver, orange or something. Why go through all that effort of design and video production just to change it again in two months?

unfortunately, that's part of the huge disappointment :cry:

all-orange; that would have looked stunning. all-black, could've lived with that.
the hyped white-red livery - actually exactly what we've all been hoping for [-o<

and now.....this :wtf: fitting with the shirt colours :cry:
fitting with the overalls :cry:

it's....unfair
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Italiano
Italiano

I was expecting just something like this. Mclaren just don't have imagination, it's not their strong point.
#Forza Michael #Forza Jules

Thunder

It's surely not the best Livery in the History of F1 but after looking at the Car a few Times it doesn't bother me to much. Paint the Mirrors black and we're good.

To be Honest, these disappointed Posts were bound to happen, that whole Livery Thing was hyped into Oblivion and back on Forums all around the World. What did we expect? It just HAD to fail for some People.
Last edited by Thunder on 29 Jan 2015, 23:59, edited 1 time in total.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

PlatinumZealot

All the recent liveries are designed by the very colourful mind of Ron Dennis so don't hold your breath for a significant style change.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

acosmichippo
acosmichippo

Manoah2u wrote:
acosmichippo wrote:Of course it will be. If they were doing a test livery, it would be plain black, silver, orange or something. Why go through all that effort of design and video production just to change it again in two months?

unfortunately, that's part of the huge disappointment :cry:

all-orange; that would have looked stunning. all-black, could've lived with that.
the hyped white-red livery - actually exactly what we've all been hoping for [-o<

and now.....this :wtf: fitting with the shirt colours :cry:
fitting with the overalls :cry:

it's....unfair
For what it's worth, I agree. I'm not trying to say the livery is good, just that there's no reason to think they'll change it.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

last-resort hope;

last year, they presented the car in a all-chrome livery [looked grey on the 3D model], and turned out to have some black spots etc.

Not to get hopes up, but man, we can still try and cling to something hoping for something more
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

ollandos
ollandos

the hopes is on santader and honda to buy the sidepod and engine cover :lol: :lol: :lol: [-o< [-o<

stuartpengs

I think much of the disappointment displayed at the new colour scheme may stem from the apparent reluctance to completely distance itself from one of the most disappointing periods in their history. With no title sponsor to keep happy as far as colour scheme, and the revival of one of the most successful partnerships in F1 history, the opportunity was there to fully embrace that with a completely new colour scheme. When I first saw the 2015 livery, my first thought was "hmmm, not too dissimilar to the 2014 car", is that the impression McLaren want to give to the public? Hardly a chariot of fire was it?

OK so ultimately it will be track performance that decides how far McLaren have progressed with new engine partner Honda, though personally speaking I think an opportunity to subliminally move away from a poor period has been missed. One foot still in the 'not too distant' past.

djos

This Livery or something like it would have just been sooooo much better!!!!

I just dont understand why they kept the Mercedes era Silver/chrome????? :?

"In downforce we trust"

KingHamilton01

Never expected such a Massive backlash over the livery, I understand that there it is still possible McLaren could turn up to the first grand prix of the season and have a red and white paint scheme. I personally don't mind the livery, perhaps the fact McLaren also lack sponsors also contributes to the car being Plain in places. I don't think it look's like the Force India, there is quite a difference between orange and red so why people are saying it will be hard to tell them apart I don't know.
McLaren Mercedes

djos

KingHamilton01 wrote:Never expected such a Massive backlash over the livery,
I think it has a lot to do with them banging on about their history and showing us the beautiful Mac Honda's of old only to show up with MacMerc colour scheme that has a splash of red on it it ... almost like an afterthought! :twisted:
"In downforce we trust"

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

it looks like a west-era meets vodafone-era instead of the all-hyped sensation they feeded themselves like crazy, too with white-red honda-marlboro era mclarens. Something very welcome after the YEARS of silver/grey/black with a few spots of red.

It's like they stepped back in time in the early 2000's livery-wise.

Meanwhile, Mercedes is silvery, Force India will be silvery, and Mclaren will still be silvery. thats 3 silver coloured teams #-o
Why on earth?!

They had a chance of re-inventing themselves. "New Era".

this sucks, and i've been very fond of Mclaren. This is so disappointing it's almost at the point of being insulting to the fans.
Sure, the actual car - designwise - looks astonishing and promising. the livery? like a non-positive smack in the face.

Vettel Maggot
Vettel Maggot

McLaren has to be the most German English team ever.

You had the opportunity to do something wonderful here. Imagine how many hats/jackets/t-shirts you could have sold to people like me with rose tinted glasses of the red and white McLaren Honda era. Instead you went with the safe boring option..