2012 Italian Grand Prix - Monza

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
stefan_
stefan_

Re: 2012 Italian Grand Prix - Monza

raymondu999 wrote:
beelsebob wrote:Now here I'd suspect we might see Kimi get his race win... I think the McLarens will be there or there abouts though.
Without technical backing behind my opinion - I have lost faith in Lotus. I've certainly grown to like the team this year - but after so many near misses, I fear they may be remembered as 2012's nearly-men.
Compared to last year, they have come a long way and they are on the right path. I think there is no reason to be dissapointed of them. It is a normal thing to want more when you see you are at a point where you can get more, but it is also good to look back and see if what you are asking is not probably too much. A lotus victory isn't much to ask (as they have a very good car), but not winning should not be a huge disappointment either.

I don't know why, but I really hope that Massa will break the ice (not Kimi) and get a podium next weekend.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

fritticaldi

I look forward to Jerome D'ambrosio debut in the Lotus.

NonNewtonic
NonNewtonic

fritticaldi wrote:I look forward to Jerome D'ambrosio debut in the Lotus.
I'm actually quite concern with Jerome for making rookie mistake like Romain did in the 1st race where he misjudge the braking point on heavy fuel and this time could be even more catastrophic as the Turn 1 chicane is really really slow compared to Melbourne and drivers are braking from a much more higher speed as the run down the corner is longer

raymondu999

Tough to say - whoever the stand-in will be will probably not have time to go do simulator work first, but will be able to have the benefit of FP running.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Donuts

Raymondu999 - "You've got to keep the faith".

Being dissapointed after being third is not so bad. Third podium finish in a row. Spa and Monza are "tricky", without fridays two practice sessions it's a gamble on aerodynamics settings. They just got it wrong. Not to mention that the restart on mediums was horrible. Monza will be interesting... but you're right that they don't seem to get their s**t togheter 100% on race weekends.
The speed of Ayrton Senna.
The mind of Alain Prost.
The dedication of Michael Schumacher.
The determination of Alex Zanardi.

raymondu999

Re: Lotus E20 Renault

Boullier rules out Double DRS at Monza, because the reduced rear wings mean less drag reduction benefit.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/102216
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

adam2003
adam2003

Will ferrari give alonso full engine power as he didnt complete the 44 laps of spa so will have saved engine life that he can use a bit more here in quailifing and in race

raymondu999

Unlikely that that engine is the one to be used for Monza I think. The teams will usually run an engine rotation cycle that means the engines for Spa and Monza are new engines, to have that added power boost of a new engine.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

zyphro
zyphro

raymondu999 wrote:Unlikely that that engine is the one to be used for Monza I think.
Very unlikely - I'm pretty sure every team takes a new engine specifically at this race track.

Guisson

I THink Monza is the mystery race of the calendar :
My bets for Qualy :

1-HAM
2-ALO
3-BUT
4-MAL
5-PER
6-MAS
7-MSC

Red Bull won't eveen take part in Q3.. ( I may be wrong)

Question : Can a One Stopper Work in this circuit ? ( or is it Suicide )
The task is,not so much to see what no one has yet seenbut to think what nobody has yet thought, about that which everybody sees. Erwin Schrödinger

MarkedOne8
MarkedOne8

Ok, but I will put a huge facepalm if they bring medium downforce configuration instead of low downforce configuration.
Fernando Alonso is the best pay-to-drive driver in F1 with the biggest amount of money behind him.
http://f1bias.com/2012/04/05/truth-abou ... nder-2008/

beelsebob
beelsebob

My bet:

Qual:
1. HAM
2. RAI
3. ALO

Race:
1. RAI
2. HAM
3. ALO

Lurk

NonNewtonic wrote:
fritticaldi wrote:I look forward to Jerome D'ambrosio debut in the Lotus.
I'm actually quite concern with Jerome for making rookie mistake like Romain did in the 1st race where he misjudge the braking point on heavy fuel and this time could be even more catastrophic as the Turn 1 chicane is really really slow compared to Melbourne and drivers are braking from a much more higher speed as the run down the corner is longer
He was Virgin driver last year, so it should be a lesser problem for him.

Neno
Neno

My bet is DNF by Alonso. D'Ambrosio will be involved. Also i want to see if will be in offers banning D'Ambrosio in next race because of incident with Alonso. =D>

turbof1

MarkedOne8 wrote:Ok, but I will put a huge facepalm if they bring medium downforce configuration instead of low downforce configuration.
I expect every car using a very small rear wing angle. You only need just enough downforce to get through the low speed chicanes, something which the diffuser will be able to provide mostly. I do not know though if Renault has a special low drag rear wing.
#AeroFrodo