McLaren 2015 livery

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Richard
Richard

Re: McLaren MP4-30 Pre-launch Speculation

Telmex as title sponsor would lead to a blue theme.

CptPeanut
CptPeanut

Have I missed something with the Telmex sponsorship, I thought that one died when Checko was dropped :?

PlatinumZealot

The lines of the legendary paint job do not match well to the meandering curves of modern F1 cars. Liveries are full of swooshes and bands these days so I expect Macca to continue the trend.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

Sasha
Sasha

The only colors ruled out is Silver/Chrome or Grey because Honda sees those colors as MB.

Unless a new big sponsor is signed the colors will be orange and white.

The question is....

All orange
orange and white
All white(first ever Mclaren was white)
White and orange
either color with black

SunsAnvil
SunsAnvil

Some of these look too much like the old Force India scheme while others remind me of Toyota. I am hoping for something really original.

ollandos
ollandos

mp4/29 livery for 2015 with out silver ......i think is the most possible .....same desing with white ..black....or white-red..
something between mp4/20 livery and last year car.....
the orange maybe is for mp4/29H1x1 for the first test

honda mean white-red .....mclaren logo is rocket red ....no reason for orange.....ok is a classic mclaren race color but many years back .....and for sure honda want some promo on the car for honda company

i thing the artist foto is close to reality .....classic mclaren-honda livery with out marlboro desing ....

Richard
Richard

CptPeanut wrote:Have I missed something with the Telmex sponsorship, I thought that one died when Checko was dropped :?
You've not missed anything. It was just an example that if Telemx (or Pepsi, Dell, RBS, etc) was a sponsor then blue would be the preferred colour, hence the need for a neutral livery that can adapt to the sponsor. That's why McLaren shouldn't run a car with orange or red as a dominant colour.

I also recall there is a concorde rule saying teams can't make major changes to their livery.

VFC_Cipher
VFC_Cipher

I have been a lurker on this site for quite a while and I enjoy everything you guys talk about. I've learned so much and F1 is greatly more interesting to me now. Enough of that though. Back to liveries, I did some rudimentary Googling as it just hit me that Alonso might bring his longstanding ties from Telefonica / Movistar to the title sponsorship for McLaren. In one of those articles I did see mention of a company called Rakuten. Here is another article. http://news.sky.com/story/1237155/japan ... aren-talks
As I am based in the USA I know little to nothing about them but the color scheme does fit what Honda would want with the Japanese national racing colors. Also being a Japanese corporation there are some synergies. Maybe someone can mock this up?Image

Hopefully, the Movistar tie is the one Ron chooses. I think a bright blue McLaren with Day-Glo yellow/green graphics would be smart looking. Also Marca (take them with a grain of salt) claim Movistar, who just secured rights to TV broadcast of F1 in Spain, are also looking to Title sponsor a team like they are doing with MotoGP. http://www.marca.com/en/2014/10/10/en/m ... 59507.htmlImage

djos

VFC_Cipher wrote:Hopefully, the Movistar tie is the one Ron chooses. I think a bright blue McLaren with Day-Glo yellow/green graphics would be smart looking. Also Marca (take them with a grain of salt) claim Movistar, who just secured rights to TV broadcast of F1 in Spain, are also looking to Title sponsor a team like they are doing with MotoGP. http://www.marca.com/en/2014/10/10/en/m ... 59507.htmlhttp://imageshack.com/a/img537/4200/3pTJqa.jpg
That would be a great, fresh new paint scheme! 8)
"In downforce we trust"

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

As interesting as that may sound, i have very little faith in a blue Mclaren knowing that that hue of blue is far too close and confusing with RedBull or Toro Rosso, not to mention it doesnt fit with any of Mclaren's heritage.

Blue tones? sure, that could be. Frankly, i think this actually even looks great. But, I can see a confusion with the Williams-Martini livery. So again, doubtfull.

All-blue car? No way ever. Not in F1. Even if Williams once did a shock-change from blue to red, I don't feel like Mclaren is in for such a thing. especially since it would look out of place for Honda,too.

Besides, if i understand correctly, Sauber landed an interesting sponsorship deal with Felipe Nasr's contract, which could end up having a much blue-er Sauber. CLICK link for impression
I don't think Honda nor Mclaren themselves would enjoy confusion there.

A orange-black might be confusing quite a bit with force india, too - i agree.
I don't expect a black-orange Mclaren at all - even if it looks good.

Perhaps interesting in this regard; Mclaren atleast had a partnership with force india.
I don't know how that goes under the Mercedes engine splitting regarding that partnership for 2015, but -
Force India 'oddly' changed their livery to having much, much more black. And much less white.

Could Mclaren have agreed with Force India that they'll phase their livery a bit so that Mclaren is freely able to run a white-orange livery that will not get confused with that of Force India?

Because look; where did their orange go? there used to be lots more! I don't believe in coincidence here, imho.

I could see Force india with even more black, a bit less prone white, and the few amount of orange in above pictures,

and Mclaren having a stunning combo of orange and white

somewhat in the direction of this in actual shape
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

f1316
f1316

djos wrote:
VFC_Cipher wrote:Hopefully, the Movistar tie is the one Ron chooses. I think a bright blue McLaren with Day-Glo yellow/green graphics would be smart looking. Also Marca (take them with a grain of salt) claim Movistar, who just secured rights to TV broadcast of F1 in Spain, are also looking to Title sponsor a team like they are doing with MotoGP. http://www.marca.com/en/2014/10/10/en/m ... 59507.htmlhttp://imageshack.com/a/img537/4200/3pTJqa.jpg
That would be a great, fresh new paint scheme! 8)
Speaking of alonso bringing sponsorship, don't his teams always have Santander?

I'm aware they currently sponsor Ferrari but they were with more than one team previously .

Yet more red and white...

hollus

The president of Santander passed away this year, and it was him personally who was most involved, so Santander's relation to F1 might change a lot.
Rivals, not enemies.

JoeE
JoeE

Not sure if this has been posted here yet but has been on FB for a while now

Am not sure on it to be fair, to blue or else a bad shade of blue.

Bring on the orange

F1NAC

These are legendary lemans gulf colors( Ford gt, Porsche...)

Thunder

If i remember correctly this was a custom Order. So it could just be on the FB to show it off, since it really looks cool. I wouldn't read any livery Spoilers into it.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum