2010 Winter Testing

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
axle
axle

Re: 2010 Winter Testing Thread

Williams will be keen to get miles on the Cosworth engine no matter what the weather, they need to literally test one to destruction IMO.
- Axle

Mr Alcatraz

WhiteBlue wrote:
Ende Drift drivers from new rain
14:29 - The fans can still enjoy the rain. The rain that rebounds at the time have been continuously using drift drivers to see and hear in the corners. Alonso escaped a gravel moment and perhaps a crash in the chicane.
sounds like Alsoslow visited the gravel trap while the Spanish fans were frollicking in the rain :lol:

wonderful Google English
Possibly

14:30 h Fernando Alonso into the pits.

•1:35.631
•1:33.180
•1:32.098
•1:32.076
•1:32.335
•1:32.917
•1:33.239
•1:33.923
•1:35.874
•1:36.365
•1:41.255
5 seconds off previous stint time may be just flirting with one [-X
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

I think that Mercedes, Red Bull and Renault have called it a day, and the never really started for Virgin.

The rest are just testing out their systems and wet wether pace, with short 7-12 lap stints, Buemi looking good with consistant times in the one minuite 31-33 range suggesting to me they are running fairly heavily. Ferarri, McLaren and Williams are funning fairly light with one minuite 30 second laps.

I think that if theres a wet race early on, id put money on those STR-Ferarris as they look damned consistant from what i can gleem.

Does anyone have a link to all the times of each stint to see if my theory could be right???

WhiteBlue

Glock just started the second lap for Virgin
Glock makes second round
15:32 - Timo Glock drives his second round of the day. The photographers jump up and rush out to get a picture of it to shoot.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

WhiteBlue

http://www.attwilliams.com/test-timings

Williams have live timing on their site!!!
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Mr Alcatraz

WhiteBlue wrote:Glock just started the second lap for Virgin
Glock makes second round
15:32 - Timo Glock drives his second round of the day. The photographers jump up and rush out to get a picture of it to shoot.
15:33 h The Virgin pilot returns to the pits ... It is clear that today we will see him with an eyedropper.... :? :? :? :?

Almost a good as the "Bulk" translation!! :lol:
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

axle
axle

ESPImperium wrote:I think that Mercedes, Red Bull and Renault have called it a day, and the never really started for Virgin.

The rest are just testing out their systems and wet wether pace, with short 7-12 lap stints, Buemi looking good with consistant times in the one minuite 31-33 range suggesting to me they are running fairly heavily. Ferarri, McLaren and Williams are funning fairly light with one minuite 30 second laps.
Sorry but you have no proof of fuel loads...complete summation based on the fact Buemi isn't going that fast. Different cars work differently in the wet, they are all on different programs. You just cannot read anything into the times today, and pretty much never when it's wet and it's not race conditions.
- Axle

WhiteBlue

I guess a lot of people regret now that they did not book this session in Bahrain. Some weeks ago the Bahrain management was making the case that the increased transport costs would be more than compensated by the increased running due to superior weather conditions.

ISLAMATRON

Plus Yas Marina & the Doha circuit are nearby too... they should do all the pre-season testing there... or maybe Sebring so I could go watch :wink:

all the (travel)equipment could have stayed there over the break and be there for Bahrain.. just need some shakedowns close to base in europe.

timbo
timbo

Who knows? It can be quiet for a while, and than BAM! a sandstorm...

vyselegend

Damp test session comes to an end with Rosberg's Mercedes parked on the track. Tomorrow should be better thought, with dry weather forcasted. [-o<

horse

I don't think we learnt a great deal about the order of the cars today, other than perhaps a reassertion that everyone seems quite close. My impression from the times in the wet was that most drivers were doing 1.31-1.32 pretty consistently. Does anyone know a target wet lap time?
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

Richard
Richard

Last year there were similar (or more?) hours lost to sandstorms in Bahrain than rain in Spain?

Also, wet testing might be useful, especially for new drivers, and some pit practice with wet hands for the crew.

Terrible3
Terrible3

ISLAMATRON wrote: or maybe Sebring so I could go watch :wink:
Would shake a f1 car to bits... way too bumpy.

ISLAMATRON

absolutely, it needs a repave