2015 Hungarian Grand Prix - 24-26 July

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
GPR-A duplicate2

Re: 2015 Hungarian Grand Prix - 24-26 July

F1NAC wrote:
Vasconia wrote:
Chuckjr wrote:Congrats to Vettel. Flawless drive. Fitting farewell to Jules. Congrats to Red Bull hosting two drivers to the podium.

I don’t know about anyone else, but man it was great to see Alonso fighting for positions and overtaking. That guy is just chomping at the bit. If Honda can get that dang power unit sorted, 2016 may be a good year for McHonda and Alonso.

Can someone please post a link which shows the race lap times for the drivers?

Thank you.
Yes, both Vettel and Alonso did a great race. It was nice to see Mclaren having a decent performance, finally.

Two victories for Ferrari, I think that Marchione had promised something if team was able to race this amount of victories, or was it with three? :mrgreen:
Arrivabene promised if they score 4 victories he will walk barefoot to Maranello hills
I am 100% sure, he would have to do that. Not because I believe in Ferrari's ability to win again, but I am 200% sure of the morons in Mercedes strategy camp to gift it to Ferrari.

Phil

GPR-A, isn't that a bit unfair with your question in regards to when the last time a safety car was deployed for less than 4 laps? I mean, it's not as if we've had virtual safety cars for long (it was introduced because of Bianchi's incident). The virtual safety car allows race control to slow down the pace of all cars without impacting race strategies and can then assess what needs to be done. If the debris wasn't spread across the track, it's very likely that the real safety car hadn't been deployed at all, meaning that the race would have been well under way 3 laps later and everyone who then found themselves on softs that wouldn't last till the end (without a huge drop-off in performance) feeling a little silly..............

The virtual safety car is essentially a yellow zone for the entire track at much lower determined speeds.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

wickedz50
wickedz50

I am 100% sure, he would have to do that. Not because I believe in Ferrari's ability to win again, but I am 200% sure of the morons in Mercedes strategy camp to gift it to Ferrari.[/quote]

Morons in Mercedes strategy camp !! will love to know if you count both Toto and Lauda is that camp. =D> couple of more goof ups like this I am sure the Merc board will issue a marching order.

Schuttelberg

wickedz50 wrote:I am 100% sure, he would have to do that. Not because I believe in Ferrari's ability to win again, but I am 200% sure of the morons in Mercedes strategy camp to gift it to Ferrari.
wickedz50 wrote:Morons in Mercedes strategy camp !! will love to know if you count both Toto and Lauda is that camp. =D> couple of more goof ups like this I am sure the Merc board will issue a marching order.
I don't think Niki Lauda has much to do with strategy, I might be wrong. Toto Wolff owns a certain number of shares at Mercedes if I'm not mistaken so he will be hard to do away with. I think their roles are not to draw up the best strategy.

Mercedes are not going to go head hunting unless they lose either championship and that looks far fetched this year.

I will say this though- Mercedes are a very prestigious brand and it alarms me to see the sort of stuff Lauda says and gets away with. He was the first ever 'complete' driver for me. Seen a lot of his races, a movie and read a few books and articles about him. However, as good a driver he was, I can't seem to stand him every time he talks about anything he says about F1 these days. His latest dig at Ferrari was just disgraceful to be mild.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

Phil

Let me guess; you watch the races on RTL right? :P

To be fair; I really really disliked Niki for a long time (not as a driver, but because of his outing on RTL). Since the movie about him, it put him and his character and what he says on public television in much better context. Although you are absolutely right; him being a representative for Mercedes does not make him the ideal person to go outthere and say some of the things he says, true or not. He works as a "Eddie Jordan" for RTL type character/presenter, but not with direct ties and as a representative of a team.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Schuttelberg

Phil wrote:Let me guess; you watch the races on RTL right? :P

To be fair; I really really disliked Niki for a long time (not as a driver, but because of his outing on RTL). Since the movie about him, it put him and his character and what he says on public television in much better context. Although you are absolutely right; him being a representative for Mercedes does not make him the ideal person to go outthere and say some of the things he says, true or not. He works as a "Eddie Jordan" for RTL type character/presenter, but not with direct ties and as a representative of a team.
No mate, I get to hear David Croft, Ted Kravitz and god bless than man Martin Brundle. From what you say, I don't think I could tolerate RTL. I'm a bit of an F1 addict, so I end up reading basically everything there is online. Also, the Merc domination ensures that Ted Kravitz 'catches up' with Niki after every qualifying/race and it just makes me cringe. It's the same effect Helmut Marko had on me. Recently, I read what Lauda had to say about Ferrari and their car/spaghetti making capabilities. :x
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

f300v10
f300v10

I don't follow the racing rules as closely as I should, but when did F1 make the change to allow lapped cars to pass the safety car? Removing all the lapped traffic between the leader and the chasers just increases the 'penalty' of a lost lead for the car in P1. If I wanted to watch 'racing' with this type of artificial changing of the results I would watch Nascar.

Phil

Schuttelberg wrote:No mate, I get to hear David Croft, Ted Kravitz and god bless than man Martin Brundle. From what you say, I don't think I could tolerate RTL. I'm a bit of an F1 addict, so I end up reading basically everything there is online. Also, the Merc domination ensures that Ted Kravitz 'catches up' with Niki after every qualifying/race and it just makes me cringe. It's the same effect Helmut Marko had on me. Recently, I read what Lauda had to say about Ferrari and their car/spaghetti making capabilities. :x
:P Oh envy. I wish I could too. No Sky unfortunately, so I'm limited to the BBC (when they're on - which I still think is absolutely superb broadcast!) and when they're not, I'm limited to the utter incompetence of the swiss broadcast. At least they don't have commercial interruptions every 5 minutes, love them for it. RTL is unbearable. I just tune in at the end for the usual Niki entertainment/insight. But yeah, I can relate to the 'reading up on' post race. I even tend to re-watch the races on different broadcasts sometimes when being forced to watch the swiss broadcast. *cough* addiction *cough*. :oops:
#Team44 supporter

wickedz50
wickedz50

Schuttelberg wrote:
wickedz50 wrote:I am 100% sure, he would have to do that. Not because I believe in Ferrari's ability to win again, but I am 200% sure of the morons in Mercedes strategy camp to gift it to Ferrari.
wickedz50 wrote:Morons in Mercedes strategy camp !! will love to know if you count both Toto and Lauda is that camp. =D> couple of more goof ups like this I am sure the Merc board will issue a marching order.
I don't think Niki Lauda has much to do with strategy, I might be wrong. Toto Wolff owns a certain number of shares at Mercedes if I'm not mistaken so he will be hard to do away with. I think their roles are not to draw up the best strategy.

Mercedes are not going to go head hunting unless they lose either championship and that looks far fetched this year.

I will say this though- Mercedes are a very prestigious brand and it alarms me to see the sort of stuff Lauda says and gets away with. He was the first ever 'complete' driver for me. Seen a lot of his races, a movie and read a few books and articles about him. However, as good a driver he was, I can't seem to stand him every time he talks about anything he says about F1 these days. His latest dig at Ferrari was just disgraceful to be mild.
You know what Lauda seems to forget that his championship winning came in a Ferrari car. Mercs success has blown him away to think and talk like that. No modesty left in front of the camera on a interview. Wonder if he will change ship once Ferrari reach the peak and start taking a dig at Merc!! he is very opportunist person.

Schuttelberg

Phil wrote:
Schuttelberg wrote:No mate, I get to hear David Croft, Ted Kravitz and god bless than man Martin Brundle. From what you say, I don't think I could tolerate RTL. I'm a bit of an F1 addict, so I end up reading basically everything there is online. Also, the Merc domination ensures that Ted Kravitz 'catches up' with Niki after every qualifying/race and it just makes me cringe. It's the same effect Helmut Marko had on me. Recently, I read what Lauda had to say about Ferrari and their car/spaghetti making capabilities. :x
:P Oh envy. I wish I could too. No Sky unfortunately, so I'm limited to the BBC (when they're on - which I still think is absolutely superb broadcast!) and when they're not, I'm limited to the utter incompetence of the swiss broadcast. At least they don't have commercial interruptions every 5 minutes, love them for it. RTL is unbearable. I just tune in at the end for the usual Niki entertainment/insight. But yeah, I can relate to the 'reading up on' post race. I even tend to re-watch the races on different broadcasts sometimes when being forced to watch the swiss broadcast. *cough* addiction *cough*. :oops:
Yeah. Totally understand. I've seen the Hungarian GP thrice already. British twice. Unfortunately, didn't bother watching the others more than once (live). 2012 was the best. Every race was worth it.

I actually don't get much choice on what coverage I can watch. It's the only feed we get in India. I don't know if you've heard Steve Slater, but he would make Niki Lauda look like a broadcasting god. My all time favorite to this day though is Murray Walker.

Schuttelberg

wickedz50 wrote:
Schuttelberg wrote:

You know what Lauda seems to forget that his championship winning came in a Ferrari car. Mercs success has blown him away to think and talk like that. No modesty left in front of the camera on a interview. Wonder if he will change ship once Ferrari reach the peak and start taking a dig at Merc!! he is very opportunist person.
I'm glad someone shares my view. I've always got the impression that he feels he deserves a lot of credit for the Mercedes performance. I'm sure he deserves a bit of credit as well, but he seems a bit desperate for the attention.

I'm sure Ferrari aren't hiring him again. He's rubbed Arrivabene the wrong way and I read from both Vettel and Raikkonen somewhere that Lauda loves 'to talk.' Vettel/Raikkonen don't need his inputs.

andartop
andartop

I don't agree this race was 'gifted' to Ferrari.
I saw two Mercs having bad starts and being overtaken fair and square, the driver who is supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread cracking under pressure and throwing good track position in the bin twice, the guy who is supposed to challenge said driver being nowhere all weekend and then throwing his good track position in the bin, but overall race pace-wise I don't think anyone had an answer to Vettel.
Woulda-coulda-shouldas aside, it seems debatable whether any of the Mercs could have overtaken Vettel either on track or through the pit stops. Actually, one of them had every opportunity to do so.
If anything, Kimi's bad luck, the safety car which eliminated Vettel's advantage and Lewis' usual luck in making it back on track and racing on after his little excursion as well as after his 'Sato-move' were all 'gifts' to Mercedes..
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

PlatinumZealot

I think that Ferrari had this race in the bag. The Mercedes was ten seconds behind after the first pit-stops. At the end of the race this could have extended to 20 seconds. The Ferrari was the faster car on Sunday.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

Moose
Moose

PlatinumZealot wrote:I think that Ferrari had this race in the bag. The Mercedes was ten seconds behind after the first pit-stops. At the end of the race this could have extended to 20 seconds. The Ferrari was the faster car on Sunday.
Only compared to Rosberg. When Hamilton was running in clear air, he was running substantially faster than Vettel.

It was Hamilton's race to lose - and lose it he did.

Juzh

Moose wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:I think that Ferrari had this race in the bag. The Mercedes was ten seconds behind after the first pit-stops. At the end of the race this could have extended to 20 seconds. The Ferrari was the faster car on Sunday.
Only compared to Rosberg. When Hamilton was running in clear air, he was running substantially faster than Vettel.

It was Hamilton's race to lose - and lose it he did.
Hamilton was 2/10 faster on some laps after he passed massa. Such substantial pace indeed. He had a bit more overall, but nowhere near the 7/10 he had in Q. Strat 1 too stronk.