Honda F1 in trouble, and withdraw from F1

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Conceptual
Conceptual

Re: Honda F1 in trouble, and withdraw from F1

Personally, I probably would have gone after the BMW drivetrain, simply to be a partner with BMW, instead of the tag-along on the McLaren-Mercedes/Force India partnership, especially with VJM having some say over my operation...

And I think we will see this new sponsor being Microsoft. The colors line up, and realistically, they are sitting on a $55B "war chest", so they could effectively under the new rules coming up pledge $10B to the team over the next 20 years!

Or maybe it is just another wet dream?

Metar

In before BSOD jokes.

Seriously, Microsoft are sitting on billions - admittedly, they'll need them if the economy continues this way, but they've been hit far less than other companies. Microsoft needs to shake it's behind and create a new image for itself, after all.

xpensive
xpensive

With all the respect for every Honda/Brawn/Button-fans out there, if Microsoft somehow saw F1 as a good vehicle to create an image, I'd be surprised if they opted for a team like Brawn, when I am certain that every team at the other end of the grid would be more than happy to be associated with them.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

nudger
nudger

my money for a sponsor is Pepsi

hulmerist

i'd be surprised if there weren't a lot of companies who didn't want to get their name on the car for this year at least

with everything that has gone on surely there's going to be loads of attention on them and the car, everyone will be watching them

Conceptual
Conceptual

Pepsi would also fit the colors...

And remember, mid-pack cars get mote TV time than run away leaders.

We talked about exposure being more important than winning, and this car has a very good chance to be all over the world feed battling it out for points.

I think that with Honda out of the way, we are gonna see what this team can really do when they are allowed to just get on with it.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

xpensive wrote:I say it again, if those cars are at the starting line in australia, I'll eat a balaclava.
Cough cough .. ahem
Racing should be decided on the track, not the court room.

Henning
Henning

Well "those" cars aren't going to be on the grid, the BrawnGP cars are </pedantic>

xpensive
xpensive

As the race is early Sunday morning over here, I'm thinking Sunday Brunch, Tacos with that ground-beef holding a very special xtra fiber-content. Figure a few shots of Tequila Souza won't be in the way digestion-wise either.
My wife, as well as one of my mistresses, have promised to bake a delicious humble pie for desert.
Haven't made up my mind of that last one though.

donskar
donskar

xpensive wrote:As the race is early Sunday morning over here, I'm thinking Sunday Brunch, Tacos with that ground-beef holding a very special xtra fiber-content. Figure a few shots of Tequila Souza won't be in the way digestion-wise either.
My wife, as well as one of my mistresses, have promised to bake a delicious humble pie for desert.
Haven't made up my mind of that last one though.
I urge you to begin marinating the balaclava in tequila NOW. Might be semi-edible by race time. "wife, as well as one of my mistresses"? tch-tch. Naughty boy. I'll be watching the race with the woman I love. (If my wife finds out, she'll kill me!)
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

imightbewrong
imightbewrong

pure comedy :D

Will you be going up at 2.30 tonight to watch the practice x?

xpensive
xpensive

As indicated, ground-beef will have fibre-conten this Sunday, fire-proof at that.

Arfaid I don't have the right channel for the practice, when they are in that time-zone. But Nakajima 2s faster than Alonso and Hamilton, what is this?

xpensive
xpensive

Now when there is very little doubt to anyone where the instant speed of Brawn and Williams is coming from, it is interesting to ponder Ross Brwn's winter-talk about what a fast car Honda would have had.

So Flavio is correct, what appeared to be sales-talk this was actually true, Brawn knew they had found a way to step-around the diffuser-rules and as FOTA's Technical representative he felt safe to do it.

Therefore I hereby cry foul-play and declare my balaclava-wager void!