Scuderia Ferrari 2013

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
GitanesBlondes

Re: Scuderia Ferrari 2013

munudeges wrote:Lotus and Raikkonen have agreed to part company, it just isn't official yet. The seat fitting tells you that.
I wonder if we will see Kimi in the Ferrari garages at Interlagos?

That'd be a huge middle finger to Lotus.
"I don't want to make friends with anybody. I don't give a sh*t for fame. I just want to win." -Nelson Piquet

stefan_
stefan_

GitanesBlondes wrote:
munudeges wrote:Lotus and Raikkonen have agreed to part company, it just isn't official yet. The seat fitting tells you that.

And quite rude to be honest.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

aleks_ader

GitanesBlondes wrote:

I doubt it. Spine trapped nerve operation are really big problem. Recuperation periods are 6-12 months (for normal people in low budget service, with bored medical stuff etc.). Even if i assume that will go all OK.Even if they use best medical treatment, top medical stuff and choose best rehabilitation program is in my opinion better to stretch rehab period long as they can. I expect 1 month at-least. So from that operation i dont expect Kimmi infront media so soon, even Ferrari and Lotus had unofficial agreement. He had 57 days until 6 January left. Hold the fingers crossed that he will this sort it out, just for good FAIR battle.
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

aleks_ader

Even if is Kimmi "officially" done for this season could this mean end of the obligation upon Lotus team?
Or could Kimmi after operation use Ferrari simulator? Seat fittings? Any fotos? i heard about it some time a while ago, but any pictures.

Ricciardo also do seat fittings..

How has in Hamilton case it jump out my head?
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

Richard
Richard

erikejw wrote:
richard_leeds wrote:I recall it tends to be 1 Jan. Obviously Kimi's likely to stick 2 fingers to Lotus and head to Italy when he wants.
Is that your objective analysis?
Do you have any reports to substatiatie this claim?
  • Seat fitting
  • Threat to boycott races
  • Missing the first day in Abu Dhabi
  • Previous form (ice cream, going to the toilet)

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

richard_leeds wrote:
erikejw wrote:
richard_leeds wrote:I recall it tends to be 1 Jan. Obviously Kimi's likely to stick 2 fingers to Lotus and head to Italy when he wants.
Is that your objective analysis?
Do you have any reports to substatiatie this claim?
  • Seat fitting
  • Threat to boycott races
  • Missing the first day in Abu Dhabi
  • Previous form (ice cream, going to the toilet)
+ sticking 2 fingers to Mclaren in 2006 getting aboard his Yacht in Monaco
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

munudeges
munudeges

GitanesBlondes wrote:

There is no middle finger to Lotus. An agreement has been reached, Lotus have reneged on their contract and they clearly didn't have the money to pay Raikkonen but still have his points as a result so they've agreed on some hasty part payment and an early termination. Raikkonen is free and to be honest he could have make that a heck of a lot more difficult for Lotus.

If Raikkonen turned up at Interlagos it would be more of a middle finger to Alonso and a kick to Massa as he goes through the door to be honest. I can't see that happening.

stefan_
stefan_

munudeges wrote:
GitanesBlondes wrote:

There is no middle finger to Lotus. An agreement has been reached, Lotus have reneged on their contract and they clearly didn't have the money to pay Raikkonen but still have his points as a result so they've agreed on some hasty part payment and an early termination. Raikkonen is free and to be honest he could have make that a heck of a lot more difficult for Lotus.

If Raikkonen turned up at Interlagos it would be more of a middle finger to Alonso and a kick to Massa as he goes through the door to be honest. I can't see that happening.
Source of this?
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

munudeges
munudeges

Raikkonen went to Maranello for a seat fitting. The end. You don't have to be a Sherlock to work out this is the usual Formula 1 back-of-the-hand stuff.

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

munudeges wrote:Raikkonen went to Maranello for a seat fitting. The end. You don't have to be a Sherlock to work out this is the usual Formula 1 back-of-the-hand stuff.
So no source then..

Richard
Richard

Sources??? It's public knowledge that Raikkonen had a seat fitting at Maranello. It's public knowledge that Lotus failed to honour their contract (ie didn't pay on time). It's public knowledge that Raikkonen is quitting the season early. Furthermore, seat fitting is an F1 ritual to mark the transition from one team to another.

So it's reasonable to form an opinion that Raikkonen and Lotus have parted company.

stefan_
stefan_

Yes, they parted way, yes Kimi went to Maranello, but no-one knows (apart from a handfull of people) what happened contract/legal-wise or what agreements have been done betweent the parties.

SectorOne

munudeges wrote:Raikkonen went to Maranello for a seat fitting. The end. You don't have to be a Sherlock to work out this is the usual Formula 1 back-of-the-hand stuff.
that has nothing to do with parting ways as in it must automatically mean they have parted ways because he went for a seat fit.
Lotus has nothing to gain nor lose by letting Kimi getting his seat fitted at the team he will drive for next year.

Ricciardo had a seat fitting a long time ago, still under STR contract.
I´m pretty sure Hamilton had a seat fit during his Mclaren contract as well.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

hollus

Regarding Raikkonen's seat fitting:
A cynical person would say that one should consider the scenario that Raikkonen is neither sending messages, nor lying, but having terrible back problems that wouldn't allow him to run the last two races anyways. If you are going to have a back operation with an undetermined recovery time, you would want to do the seat fitting before the operation to avoid doing it during your rehab when maybe you will seat in a rather artificial position since your body is protecting certain muscles.
But nah... that possibility is as boring as it is unlikely.
Rivals, not enemies.

munudeges
munudeges

SectorOne wrote:that has nothing to do with parting ways as in it must automatically mean they have parted ways because he went for a seat fit.
It does I'm afraid. Teams are very particular about when they release drivers to do various things if they are moving and it's usually after the season has finished. That timed with his withdrawal for back surgery a few days later and you have everything you need.

Besides which Raikkonen isn't taking part in the final races. That puts him in breach of contract unless he and Lotus have come to an arrangement. It really isn't rocket science and it's always amusing to see people want to be hit over the head to confirm something is, indeed, a frying pan.