Ferrari F2012

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Tifosi96

Re: Ferrari F2012

2 pieces of Ferrari Felipe Massa F2012 front wing at Hungary GPImage
Forza Ferrari

alogoc
alogoc

Ferrari updates for SPA
New FW,RW,new DRS,new Shell fuel mixture and new engine mapping!

Autosprint!
THE F2012!
THE CAR THAN WON 2012 WORLD F1 CHAMPIONSHIP WHIT A TILTED ENGINE!

Kiril Varbanov

alogoc wrote:Ferrari updates for SPA

Autosprint!
I don't want to put sticks in the wheels of your enthusiasm, but these would quantify as normal upgrades.
Still, "new DRS" - what exactly that means?
"New Shell fuel mixture" - the levels of variation are very small there.
"Engine mapping" - I will be surprised if they run the same setup from Hungary.

Take anything from Autosprint with a grain of salt, especially this year.

bhall
bhall

alogoc wrote:...new DRS...
Ferrari's contracted a VD.

fynrd1
fynrd1

Well.. A new Drs explaines why they didnt respond to my idea.. :( It is a passive drs system, which is always useable above a determined velocity/ total pressure. I'll keep it by myself, till they respond that they arent interested at all. But i dont think the idea is wrong to use energy that causes drag wil be used to neutralize drag. :?:

bhall
bhall

Did you give that idea to Lotus first?

alogoc
alogoc

THE F2012!

alogoc
alogoc

bhallg2k wrote:
alogoc wrote:...new DRS...
Ferrari's contracted a VD.
"new" means modified! obviously :wink:
THE F2012!

amouzouris

can anyone translate them for us that dont know italian? :D

ecapox

AUTOSPRINT

Spa and Monza aerodynamic solutions are completely different than all other tracks but new engine mapping and new fuel is arriving. (Title)

Good news is that before the break, Maranello was able to figure out why the correlation between wind tunnel results and on track results were incorrect. The bad new is that there isnt much time to get it fixed.

Where is Ferrari in terms of double DRS?
Spa might be another tough race for Ferrari.
If the weather cooperates, it could turn out well for Ferrari.

Other article later

fynrd1
fynrd1

bhallg2k wrote:Did you give that idea to Lotus first?
I have to admit, that the idea is inspired by lotus system, but the implemintation is very different and less complicated. Maybe it is to simple.. But i think this will also work for the sidepods to maintain aerobalance, if the system on the rearwing causes to much instability when braking.
I'm just an aeronautical student, and i just not that far in my knowledge as some people here on this forum. With the knowledge i have it will work, with the knowledge i dont have its possibly ridiculous :D

F1.Ru

ecapox wrote:AUTOSPRINT

Spa and Monza aerodynamic solutions are completely different than all other tracks but new engine mapping and new fuel is arriving. (Title)

[.............]

Other article later
Thanks a lot.......
nd about
alogoc
Ferrari updates for SPA

Autosprint!

Fuel, FW ,RW, Engine mapping all are regarded as one for one race most of the time , even if the whole RW or FW not changed their AoA does changed so it means that they visually changed. But what are the other changed or upgrades they are bringing is the main Q. so if u have any information [mind it information not rumor like tilting engine....... :lol:] then enlightened us with them......................
Formula One is a game.............. but not any ordinary game for me

aral
aral

fynrd1 wrote:
I have to admit, that the idea is inspired by lotus system, but the implemintation is very different and less complicated. Maybe it is to simple.. But i think this will also work for the sidepods to maintain aerobalance, if the system on the rearwing causes to much instability when braking.
I'm just an aeronautical student, and i just not that far in my knowledge as some people here on this forum. With the knowledge i have it will work, with the knowledge i dont have its possibly ridiculous :D
Oh come on! Now, if your "system" worked at set speed, how on earth could you stop it working on fast corners, causing a car to suddenly lose downforce, and head into the boondocks? Apart from that, different fuel loads would cause car to be faster as the load lightens, again causing total unpredictability of operation.

Keep studying, and when you become as proficient as F1 aerodynamicists, give them a call. :lol: :lol: :lol:

alogoc
alogoc

F1.Ru wrote:
ecapox wrote:AUTOSPRINT

[.............]

Other article later
Thanks a lot.......
nd about
alogoc
Ferrari updates for SPA

Autosprint!

Fuel, FW ,RW, Engine mapping all are regarded as one for one race most of the time , even if the whole RW or FW not changed their AoA does changed so it means that they visually changed. But what are the other changed or upgrades they are bringing is the main Q. so if u have any information [mind it information not rumor like tilting engine....... :lol:] then enlightened us with them......................

the engine rumor still stands!
THE F2012!

fynrd1
fynrd1

gilgen wrote:
fynrd1 wrote:
Oh come on! Now, if your "system" worked at set speed, how on earth could you stop it working on fast corners, causing a car to suddenly lose downforce, and head into the boondocks? Apart from that, different fuel loads would cause car to be faster as the load lightens, again causing total unpredictability of operation.

Keep studying, and when you become as proficient as F1 aerodynamicists, give them a call. :lol: :lol: :lol:
It wont activate in corners, it was one of the first things i thought about. My biggest concern is how it reacts at the end of a straight.