2012 German GP - Hockenheim

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Hail22

Re: 2012 German Grand Prix - Hockenheim

beelsebob wrote:
Hail22 wrote:Such a beautiful track/old speed demon ring...so easily forgotten :(
Forgotten? We were discussing it only 2 pages ago...
I'm referring to the FIA, Drivers and FoM...not the purists... Sorry for not clarifying Mr. Bobbeh :P
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

foxmulder_ms
foxmulder_ms

It is simply so hard to predict. However, RB seems to look as the best car for last races so I would've pic them to win.

marcush.
marcush.

Almost everyone apart from Marussia and HRT have rised their voice about prospect for the coming race...so let´s see what´s happening ...

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

Based on the way 2012 has panned out, Button will inexplicably dominate all weekend, Kovalainen will be fighting Grosjean for points and De La Rosa will be on the podium after both McLarens stop randomly due to technical issues.

PlatinumZealot

GrizzleBoy wrote:Based on the way 2012 has panned out, Button will inexplicably dominate all weekend, Kovalainen will be fighting Grosjean for points and De La Rosa will be on the podium after both McLarens stop randomly due to technical issues.
So.. before Mclaren technical problems your prediction looks something like this:

1. Button
2. Hamilton
3. Alonso
4. Vettel
5. De La Rosa
6. Webber
7. Rosberg
8. Kimi/Schumacher
9. Kovalinen
10. Grosjean
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

Looks like a pretty good race to me! :lol:

Nando
Nando

What problems will Mclaren have this time?

Forgetting to bring the cars with them? They have pretty much ticked off every potential thing that can go wrong.

I´m especially impressed by the jacks which despite being two completely separate tools and probably built on different days somehow managed to fail on the exact same day within a minute of each other.

that is as likely as i´m winning the lottery tomorrow without even buying a ticket.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

beelsebob
beelsebob

Nando wrote:What problems will Mclaren have this time?

Forgetting to bring the cars with them? They have pretty much ticked off every potential thing that can go wrong.

I´m especially impressed by the jacks which despite being two completely separate tools and probably built on different days somehow managed to fail on the exact same day within a minute of each other.

that is as likely as i´m winning the lottery tomorrow without even buying a ticket.
My bet's on the rear jack man being struck by lightening while jacking the car.

fiohaa
fiohaa

anyone been to german gp before? im going there for the first time...

any f1 tourist tips? things to check out at the track? best places to walk around? the cleanest toilets?

i chose seats just after the last corner, opposite the beginning of the pit building so i can see some of S3, and its one of the closest places to the track.

marcush.
marcush.

last time I went to the German GP it was Wendlinger in the Leytonhouse..with illmor power :lol: :lol: :lol: (I´m sure I had more money in my pocket than that team back then...bought t-shirts and stickers...in that infamous turquoise colour..)
I´d think my suggestions are not very helpful. :roll:
Hm f1 tourist trips? My hometown ,Reilingen is just 2km from Hockenheim and the hotel at the entrance to Reilingen is well known for hosting some drivers during the weekend..Schumacher was there in his first career I am told.
A trip to the forest looking for Jim Clarks memorial is a must for real hardcore fans also one can still see the layout of the old track walking on the old Hardtbachdamm (which was the viewing place where you could see formula 1 cars approaching ostkurve at 300+ or Gerhard Berger overtaking in the grass with his Ferrari in 1988 or was this 87?
Hockenheim itself is not really a very attractive place unfortunatelly....and not famous for its clean toilets... :oops:
Last edited by marcush. on 16 Jul 2012, 23:32, edited 1 time in total.

Chuckjr

This is an honest question and I'm not trying to make any assumption or controversy. But that last line you wrote...are you implying that someone within the organization compromised those jacks so they would fail? Again, it's an honest question.
Watching F1 since 1986.

Nando
Nando

Chuckjr wrote:This is an honest question and I'm not trying to make any assumption or controversy. But that last line you wrote...are you implying that someone within the organization compromised those jacks so they would fail? Again, it's an honest question.
It might seem like it but no, i just completely objectively wrote what happened.

And you have to agree with me that it is indeed one in a million of it happening.
The odds of it happening must be through the roof :)
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

zyphro
zyphro

beelsebob wrote:

:lol:

Good one.

RB7ate9
RB7ate9

zyphro wrote:
beelsebob wrote:

:lol:

Good one.
I really hope Mcl don't lose a tire and, as it rolls around the car, the pit crew runs after it, then Hamilton and Button, then a gorilla and grid girls with Yakety Sax playing in the background. No matter how hilarious it is.

But seriously, folks...

Hangaku

On the balance of things;

Red Bull will have a horrible weekend, Vettel won't get into Q3, Webber will qualify 8th. Vettel will retire and Webber will be fighting with the Saubers in mid-pack mediocrity.

McLaren will dominate, Button will put it on pole, Hamilton second, and that's how they will finish.

Ferrari will be there, or there abouts, neither fast nor slow. Massa will beat Alonso. Sufferin' suckertash.

Ridiculous you say? Yeah, and so are all the other predictions for all the races. This year car performance is so fragile that there is no way of even getting close to predicting anything. You might as well turn every race thread into a place where fans and haters can all post their wishlist, without considering any technical merits whatsoever.

Oh, hang on ... :lol:
Yer.