What kind of car does everyone drive?

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
HKS

Re: What kind of car does everyone drive?

This is my Ride.

Fiat Palio 1.2L

Just check out the paint job. ;)
Racing cars are neither beautiful nor ugly, they are beautiful only when you win races.

Ray

2003 Silverado. 4.8 liter V-8 (293 c.i. for you American types :D )
Gibson headers and catback exhaust
K&N FIPK intake kit
Billet grille
'Custom' wheels :D
One tire fire
She's a great truck 86,000 miles and not even a belt change, and that with over 60k being lowered. Bought used too! I had some 20 inch SS Silverado five spoke wheels for it but I was robbed last Christmas. The worst part is my dad gave me tires for them when I went to visit him for Christmas and I came back to my house with it trashed and my wheels stolen. :(

Before lowering kit fully installed (that's my old man by the way)

After

Back when I lived in San Diego

Burnout! :twisted:

My beloved 1976 MGB. The only convertible I'll ever own. All original except for the 5th or 6th starter, and the motor was rebuilt about 10 years ago. Plans are a good restoration as close to original as possible exceptions being, in British Racing Green with fiberglass top in pearl white, a set of chrome roll bars and four point harnesses. I love this car!

donskar
donskar

1998 Nissan Sentra 200SX SE-R
48,000 miles
Cold air intake with inlet under fender
Tubular stainless steel header and cat-back exhaust
Nology ignition system
Multi-ground system
Iridium plugs
Italian MAS 15x7 alloys
Nitto 205-50x15 tires
Suspension Techniques sway bars front and rear
Strut tower braces front and rear
Tein adjustable coil-over suspension
Lowered about 2 inches
Power Slot brake rotors front and rear
Goodridge braided stainless steel brake lines
EBC Green pads

Not particularly fast (probably about 140 HP at wheels), but it CORNERS like a go kart!

Next: new tires, underdrive pulleys, short shifter, hotter camshafts
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

roost89
roost89

I've got an old Ford Ka. It's too poor to even think of putting an image of it up haha.
Brakes are near enough gone and engine isn't 100% and the suspension has gone. :-" (over pot-holes on a dirt-track road at 50mph)
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

AeroGT3
AeroGT3

Here's mine.

It's been a great little track car :-)

WhiteBlue

Image just a random image

118d
great fuel economy vs performance
it goes over 200 km/h on the autobahn
takes only 4.5 L/100km and under 140 gCO2/100km

1990 BMW K75-S
3 cylinder fuel injected engine with cardanic drive
proud first owner
mine has ABS, being the first bike world wide to feature ABS as standard option
very reliable - for 18 years I have only baught tyres, oil, batteries and petrol
Last edited by WhiteBlue on 18 Sep 2008, 14:56, edited 1 time in total.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Chaparral

Ford XR8 AUII (Australian built)

5 Litre V8 - 320 BHP - gas Guzzler - good torque - quick - have seen just on 250 KPH (so yes quite fast) - one owner - goes well - reliably and lovingly serviced :lol:

Wouldnt swap it for anything.

I also have a mint condition Mazda RX7 Series 1 - garaged at the farm :D
The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs - there's also the negative side' - Hunter S Thompson

slimjim8201

I now drive (ride) a Specialized CrossTrail Pro. Love it. The gas mileage is crazy!

The car I sold before moving to Germany in February:

2002 Honda S2000. Daily driver, loads of fun, miss it dearly. :(

Just a "few" modifications. :D

Chaparral

Slimjim I see you enjoy a ride - this is a little thing I keep in the garage up at the farm that needs restoring hasnt been ridden for some time (this ones a facsimile) - its as close as you will get to my model - mine is a 860 Yoshimura kitted Rickman Honda 4 - with a 21 tooth gearing you will touch 165 mph. The bike was actually built by a good friend of mine now deceased (Garry Innes - Australian Speedway Champion 1971 -Vincent sidecars) and we had Waggot put a full race cam in the donk - blueprinted the motor and ran Ceriani front forks - Koni rears and Dunlop KR87 tyres - 4 into one was basically straight through and built by Stan Bayliss (Australian sidecar champ road racing and now deceased) - and this thing is road registered. First love is bikes - a better bang for your buck as they say - can you post a shot of your cross trail :)

The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs - there's also the negative side' - Hunter S Thompson

modbaraban
modbaraban

modbaraban wrote:...reasonably priced junk just like this one:
...and it has an Opel/GM 1.6 to make it worse...aaand its suspension keeps falling apart for about 9 years of its 10. :roll:
I'm so happy to say good bye to that ^^ (above) and say hello to this:

This is the European spec. Mazda6 2.5 (6spd manual) and it does know how put a smile on the driver's face -> :D

flynfrog

Chaparral wrote:Slimjim I see you enjoy a ride - this is a little thing I keep in the garage up at the farm that needs restoring hasnt been ridden for some time (this ones a facsimile) - its as close as you will get to my model - mine is a 860 Yoshimura kitted Rickman Honda 4 - with a 21 tooth gearing you will touch 165 mph. The bike was actually built by a good friend of mine now deceased (Garry Innes - Australian Speedway Champion 1971 -Vincent sidecars) and we had Waggot put a full race cam in the donk - blueprinted the motor and ran Ceriani front forks - Koni rears and Dunlop KR87 tyres - 4 into one was basically straight through and built by Stan Bayliss (Australian sidecar champ road racing and now deceased) - and this thing is road registered. First love is bikes - a better bang for your buck as they say - can you post a shot of your cross trail :)

drool

Belatti
Belatti

I´m looking foward my winter holidays. I´ll drive from Buenos Aires to San Martin de los Andes (1000 miles) in something similar to this:

It´s my friend´s 1998 cherokee. He doesn´t like to drive long distances (I do! :D ) and hates its gas mileage, but the fact is that we are 4 passengers with luggage and snowboards so my lil´ VW Gol is not an option.
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

Saribro
Saribro

Still being a poor student :), I managed to "upgrade" from the parents' Mitsubishi Space Star to my own Mitsubishi Colt. It's a second hand, 2 years old, ~56k km clocked. Here's a picture of the model in the correct colour:
Previous owner had a rear-spoiler installed too, looks good.
It's the 1.1MPI petrol engine, 75BHP@7000RPM, 100Nm@3500RPM. Nothing fancy, but fairly responsive. Also fairly short-geared, no lugging at 50km/h in 5th (though also no acceleration :D). Does come with the occasional funky vibration due to it being a 3-cilinder, even with the balance shaft.
It's nice to have my own car :D.

Belatti
Belatti

Saribro, I must say I prefer your ride rather than all others options availiable here: Ford K, Renault Twingo, Suzuki Fun, Daewoo "indunnowhat", etc, etc.
The engine seems good, too.
Congrats!
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

West
West

I will be getting a BMW 335i Coupe next week. My 350Z is going to my parents.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements