2017 Williams Martini Racing Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
edu2703
edu2703

Re: 2017 Williams Martini Racing Team - Mercedes

Joke of the year: Williams will challenge Red Bull for 3rd :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

edu2703
edu2703

Good job Williams...

Good job...

Carinni
Carinni

If u look at the lap to lap pace, massa is matching RIC in the first two stints, so Williams is definitely having the 4th fastest car in racing pace in the grid. It is a hard fact, not a belief.

Carinni
Carinni

IMO, Alonso did run into massa's car n should be penalized as there is plenty of room on the right hand side n Massa is the car in front running his normal or even a little bit leftward racing line. A driver of Alonso class should be able to make the corner without clash, too aggressive

LookBackTime
LookBackTime

Stalker1
Stalker1

Raleigh wrote:
14 May 2017, 16:02
Massa could have been 4th today without the puncture and broken wing ruining his race. He jumped Perez at the start, was challenging Alonso for position, with the retirements ahead would have only needed to fend off the Force Indias to finish best of the rest behind Mercedes/Ferrari/RB.

I'm not worried by the pace of the car, only by Stroll's driving.
Yeah, it is a shame that Massas race ended in Turn 2. I must admit, I was amazed with his improvement in Q2 and Q3 and with his race pace! It seems that the sliding of the car due to the lack of grip came down to the tire temperature and after Massa managed to keep the tires in the right temperature window, he did find the pace.

Stalker1
Stalker1

Sevach wrote:
14 May 2017, 16:32
Not a good race, Force India is already running away with it, they always seem to capitalize on their positions even though their car isn't outright better.
And with Stroll being utterly crap i don't see a way back.
Stroll was 16-th this time! :D The only problem with that for me is - he was the last driver who finished. In a car, which was able to beat Force Indias...

LookBackTime
LookBackTime

ANALYSIS: THE FOURTH IS STRONG WITH FORCE INDIA – WILL WILLIAMS RECOVER FROM SPANISH WOES?

https://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2017/05/ ... nish-woes/

Raleigh
Raleigh

Australia, Massa finishes 6th ahead of both Force Indias.
China, Massa qualifies ahead of both FI but has tire problems in race and drops to back.
Bahrain, Massa finishes 6th ahead of both Force Indias.
Russia, Massa running 6th ahead of both Force Indias until late puncture drops him to 9th.
Spain, Massa in turn 2 collision after getting ahead of Force Indias at start, finishes 13th but better race pace than FI.

You see the problem of course, if anything happens to Massa there are no points, might as well be a 1 car team. Even when he finishes Stroll is running at the back way off Massa's pace. Meanwhile Perez/Ocon doing a fantastic job to consistently rack up double points finishes in every race this season.

George-Jung
George-Jung

Is there an option that Stroll doesn't end the season? Because this is terrible.

Or is negative publicity also publicity?

Stalker1
Stalker1

It is not analysis, it is a more season wrap-up so far with focus on midfield. Still, interesting reading! I think Perez was and is right, when he pointed out that Renault and Williams are a bit ahead of Force India. What Force India has is a capable and reliable driver pair-up, as 100 % point scoring record in this season shows!

Stalker1
Stalker1

Raleigh wrote:
15 May 2017, 21:51
Australia, Massa finishes 6th ahead of both Force Indias.
China, Massa qualifies ahead of both FI but has tire problems in race and drops to back.
Bahrain, Massa finishes 6th ahead of both Force Indias.
Russia, Massa running 6th ahead of both Force Indias until late puncture drops him to 9th.
Spain, Massa in turn 2 collision after getting ahead of Force Indias at start, finishes 13th but better race pace than FI.

You see the problem of course, if anything happens to Massa there are no points, might as well be a 1 car team. Even when he finishes Stroll is running at the back way off Massa's pace. Meanwhile Perez/Ocon doing a fantastic job to consistently rack up double points finishes in every race this season.
Force Indias 4-th place shows that money doesnt buy success! :D

#Claire Williams#Strolls money

LookBackTime
LookBackTime

FrukostScones

George-Jung wrote:
15 May 2017, 21:55
Is there an option that Stroll doesn't end the season? Because this is terrible.

Or is negative publicity also publicity?

Only Honda could save Williams from Stroll Fam. fangs now. If Williams finde no backers we will have him ,for three year s, unless he or daddy throw the towel earlier.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

ME4ME

Williams did reasonably well when they had Bottas & Massa. As far as I'm aware Bottas didn't bring any money. They don't need Strolls money to survive, although it certainly helps. If Stroll doesn't score any points, there there is no meaning in giving him a drive for 2018.

Hopefully Williams can replace Stroll with Wehrlein. Also they should consider a successor for Massa. I'm inclined to say that their current 3rd driver, Paul di Resta, is actually a realistic option because it's unlikely Williams would be able to get either Perez or Sainz for next year.