2012 Japanese GP - Suzuka

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
stefan_
stefan_

Re: 2012 Japanese GP - Suzuka

I just realised that I completely forgot about Rosberg. What happened to him, why was he out of the race?
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

JimiJams
JimiJams

stefan_ wrote:I just realised that I completely forgot about Rosberg. What happened to him, why was he out of the race?
Bruno senna hit him
"Leave me alone. I know what I’m doing" - Kimi Räikkönen

Raptor22
Raptor22

stefan_ wrote:I just realised that I completely forgot about Rosberg. What happened to him, why was he out of the race?

ouch just shows how forgettable he is.

He braked to avoid the Grosjean / Webber tangle and Senna clipped him. The penalty on Senna was a little unfair because the only action he could have taken was the gravel trap and that would have ended his race.
Still he wrecked Rosberg's race so the rules is the rules :(

strad

I thought it was a terrible race overall and the starts are starting to look like something out of Indycar.
These used to be the best drivers in the world but these days they look quite amateurish. It was Kimis fault by the way.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

stefan_
stefan_

Raptor22 wrote:
ouch just shows how forgettable he is.
He braked to avoid the Grosjean / Webber tangle and Senna clipped him. The penalty on Senna was a little unfair because the only action he could have taken was the gravel trap and that would have ended his race.
Still he wrecked Rosberg's race so the rules is the rules :(
Thanks for clearing that up. The thing is that at first it looked like a clean corner for me, then cars started going everywhere and our comentators didin't say anyting about Rosberg/Senna. I was in a blur when I saw Senna without the wing.
strad wrote:It was Kimis fault by the way.
You have to leave space, Alonso had plenty of it on his right and it was just a "Fred moment" trying to get Kimi to back off, but he was doing it on the wrong person this time.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

turbof1

In all honesty, the accident between Raikkonen and Alonso was very similar to the one between Hamilton and Grosjean. Luckily the small differences between the 2 situations made sure we didn't got another carnages like the one at Spa.

It was Alonso's fault: Raikkonen already went on the grass, something he was never obliged to do. Alonso was too eager to retake his line and it ended up in tears. Hate to say it, but he finally made a mistake. It took him a very long time to do so.
#AeroFrodo

Cylinder
Cylinder

turbof1 wrote:In all honesty, the accident between Raikkonen and Alonso was very similar to the one between Hamilton and Grosjean. Luckily the small differences between the 2 situations made sure we didn't got another carnages like the one at Spa.

It was Alonso's fault: Raikkonen already went on the grass, something he was never obliged to do. Alonso was too eager to retake his line and it ended up in tears. Hate to say it, but he finally made a mistake. It took him a very long time to do so.
A bit over-dramatic in my view, it was a racing incident, Kimi was pushed on the grass and had nowhere to go, but the contact came when Alonso got passed him anyways, regardless, it's a simple driving incident and just something that happens. Grosjean on Hamilton and Alonso at Spa was just disgusting driving in my view, he could have killed someone.

Caito
Caito

I see it as Alonso's fault.

Rules say that you have to leave space if the front wing is in pair with your rear wheel. Which Kimi had, Alonso probably didn't see him, pushed him.. Kimi could've a) stay put and crash, b) go to the grass. He went to the grass.. eventually returning to the track and clipping him.

That's why there was no penalty whatsoever.. it's very clear Alonso pushed him off and Kimi tried to avoid contact.
Come back 747, we miss you!!

turbof1

Cylinder wrote:
turbof1 wrote:In all honesty, the accident between Raikkonen and Alonso was very similar to the one between Hamilton and Grosjean. Luckily the small differences between the 2 situations made sure we didn't got another carnages like the one at Spa.

A bit over-dramatic in my view, it was a racing incident, Kimi was pushed on the grass and had nowhere to go, but the contact came when Alonso got passed him anyways, regardless, it's a simple driving incident and just something that happens. Grosjean on Hamilton and Alonso at Spa was just disgusting driving in my view, he could have killed someone.
Well, he didn't got passed him completely else he never would have ended up slipping off the track :p. I do agree with you that what Alonso did wasn't the same degree of what Grosjean pulled off: Grosjean didn't cared if there was somebody or not, Alonso probably tought he completely passed Raikkonen. But the accidents do have a frigthening same pattern.
#AeroFrodo

Forza

Japanese GP 2012 Pit Lane channel video by F1PitRadio
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xu5oxp_japn-12-r_auto

Ral
Ral

RB_[Gnx] wrote:Best Drive: Vettel without doubt..Reminds me of Button in Spa and Hamilton in Monza..Never annoyed by anyone it's between him , his machine and the track champion drive .

Best Moment: -Seeing that Crowd Shouting KAMUI KAMUI KAMUI was amazing , how good it must be for Koba :D
Totally agreed :)

The chanting of Kamui's name at the end gave me shivers, in a good way. It was an amazing moment and will be quite high up on my list of favourite moments of this year's season. With a bit of luck, it will convince the right Japanese companies that they should back him financially and help him secure his seat at Sauber. On the topic of which, I thought it was either ominous or sweet (I really can't decide) how Monisha Kaltenborn gave him a hug before the race but it was definitely nice of her to highlight after the race that both Kobayashi and Perez have had extensive input in the development of this car and implying that that too would affect his chances of keeping his race seat.

JimiJams
JimiJams

You have to be drunk to say this was Kimis fault
"Leave me alone. I know what I’m doing" - Kimi Räikkönen

Shrieker

A simple proximity sensor ( an advanced version of parking sensors on road cars) would've prevented this type of incident which has happened A LOT of times this year. Straight from the top of my mind, it would've prevented Grosjean/Schumi in Monaco, it would've prevented the pile up at SPA and then this. It would most definitely make racing better too.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

RB7ate9
RB7ate9

Shrieker wrote:A simple proximity sensor ( an advanced version of parking sensors on road cars) would've prevented this type of incident which has happened A LOT of times this year. Straight from the top of my mind, it would've prevented Grosjean/Schumi in Monaco, it would've prevented the pile up at SPA and then this. It would most definitely make racing better too.
The thing is, F1 is supposed to be such a high-level of motorsport that such a thing ought to be unnecessary. Considering the closer proximity of amateur racers in WEC, such a proximity warning would be more useful there.

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

Having proximity sensors for this kind of situation (Alonso v Raikkonen) would only expose people for potentially trying to push others off the track.