Canadian GP 2011 - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
raymondu999

Re: Canadian GP 2011 - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

I think this race and the next will be a litmus test on whether or not Lewis can put up a real challenge for the title. (technically up to now even Karthikeyan is in the running to be champ, but realistically, he's not mounting a "real" challenge) He has always won here (other than in 2008, which I believe, if he hadn't crashed, probably would've won anyways) and in Valencia he's typically very strong, looking good for a win (usually) and ending up with very strong 2nd places (he has a 100% record of 2nd places there IIRC).

If Lewis can't beat Seb/win here, or can't beat Seb/get at least 2nd in valencia, then I think Lewis's chances aren't really much of taking the fight on.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Giblet
Giblet

Last year, for n_smikle. I took this one at the end of the race obviously.

Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

marcush.
marcush.

We need some severe brain fade on Vettels side or/and some dnfs due to fragile RRBR7s to keep this championship alive .

raymondu999

We're getting a 180 from last year methinks. 2010 was little on-track overtaking, with much championship standing drama; but 2011 has little in the way of championship drama but much on-track overtaking.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

beelsebob
beelsebob

raymondu999 wrote:We're getting a 180 from last year methinks. 2010 was little on-track overtaking, with much championship standing drama; but 2011 has little in the way of championship drama but much on-track overtaking.
Odd, here was me remembering in 2010 the commentators going wild about the amount of on-track action we had, and how the only boring races of the season were Bahrain and Abu Dhabi. Yes, this season's races are *even more* exciting, but you can hardly say 2010 had dull races.

raymondu999

From what I remember though; (in the dry races) the racing was rather dull, still. It was exciting at times, but not much overtaking still. eg Malaysia was a borefest that only lived up because of the qually goofs of Ferrari and McLaren, China was wet, Spain was... 3 passing moves; Monaco was only exciting because of the crashing... Canada was good. But otherwise still not much passing.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

PlatinumZealot

Giblet wrote:Last year, for n_smikle. I took this one at the end of the race obviously.

Thanks. Looking forward to another win!

I am not a really fanatic. I just like troubling the haterz nerves. You know who you are! :twisted:
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

PlatinumZealot

marcush. wrote:We need some severe brain fade on Vettels side or/and some dnfs due to fragile RRBR7s to keep this championship alive .
I just want Webber to flat out Sabotage his car! :twisted:
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

alelanza
alelanza

beelsebob wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:We're getting a 180 from last year methinks. 2010 was little on-track overtaking, with much championship standing drama; but 2011 has little in the way of championship drama but much on-track overtaking.
Odd, here was me remembering in 2010 the commentators going wild about the amount of on-track action we had, and how the only boring races of the season were Bahrain and Abu Dhabi. Yes, this season's races are *even more* exciting, but you can hardly say 2010 had dull races.
Exactly, 2010 was vintage. 2011 has more passing, but to me the races are not necessarily more exciting, though China 11 i thought was wonderful. But better than Canada '10? not for me. But to be fair Ray is only saying 'more overtaking', which is undeniably true
Anyways, off topic no?
Alejandro L.

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

5 day forecast here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/5017

Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in the wet could be very interesting. Hopefully it'll be wet on sunday. [-o<

beelsebob
beelsebob

andrew wrote:5 day forecast here:

Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in the wet could be very interesting. Hopefully it'll be wet on sunday. [-o<
With that prediction for Saturday, I'm moving my HAM/VET within 0.1 of each other to HAM 0.3 clear of VET.

Mr Alcatraz

And Ferrari won't have to use the hard's at all :P
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

beelsebob wrote:

With that prediction for Saturday, I'm moving my HAM/VET within 0.1 of each other to HAM 0.3 clear of VET.
You've got your second Ham and Vet the wrong way round. In a wet race Vettel will romp off into the distance. Can't wait!

sriraj1031
sriraj1031

My Predictions

Mclaren
Red Bull
Ferrari
Mercedes
Force India
Renault
Sauber
Torro Rosso