Diffuser race: who'll be first?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Diffuser race: who'll be first?

1) Mclaren
45%
2)Renault
28%
3)RBR
6%
4)BMW
13%
5)Ferrari
6%
6)Force India
2%
7)Torro Rosso
No votes

Total votes: 89

djos

Re: Diffuser race: who'll be first?

Diesel wrote:Wasn't talking about Renault, updated my post, thanks.
No Probs, I couldn't tell which pic you meant so just used the Renault. 8)
"In downforce we trust"

timbo
timbo

djos wrote:I fail to see how adding extra DF with no drag penalty could possibly be bad for RBR?
Of course this would not be bad. I only ment that in highly optimised design a benefit in one area may cause loosing some ground on another. If their car already has good balance which is very likely, any change to aero would disturb that.
Whereas for cars which suffer from lack of grip on the rear-end DDD may yield immediate improvement.
Overall, the better the design the less there's ability to further improve it. That is very broad generalization but it seems to be true for F1 most of the times.

blobslosak
blobslosak

Am I right in saying the DDD will be banned for 2010? If so, RB are in great shape for the RB6 as they are streets ahead of other non DDD cars.

djos

timbo wrote:
djos wrote:I fail to see how adding extra DF with no drag penalty could possibly be bad for RBR?
Of course this would not be bad. I only ment that in highly optimised design a benefit in one area may cause loosing some ground on another. If their car already has good balance which is very likely, any change to aero would disturb that.
Whereas for cars which suffer from lack of grip on the rear-end DDD may yield immediate improvement.
Overall, the better the design the less there's ability to further improve it. That is very broad generalization but it seems to be true for F1 most of the times.
Fair call. 8)
blobslosak wrote:Am I right in saying the DDD will be banned for 2010? If so, RB are in great shape for the RB6 as they are streets ahead of other non DDD cars.
let not get too far ahead of ourselves, the RB5 is doing quite nicely atm. :mrgreen:
"In downforce we trust"