2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

SirBastianVettel wrote:
07 Apr 2024, 13:07
Wouter wrote:
07 Apr 2024, 11:44
Why isn't he present at the celebration? Liam and Iwasa are. Nice to see now Mekies. I didn't like Tost at all.
Probably was still hanging out with the stewards because of his lap 1 shenanigans.
That could be the case. I think they should have waited for him to come back though.
The Power of Dreams!

djos

ispano6 wrote:
07 Apr 2024, 09:25
That pitstop crew and drive from Yuki earned back P10 they lost from starting on the mediums (it also is what caused the scenario that led to Ric/Albon's crash). Was a really calm and collected effort.
Great recovery from Yuki to bag the last point!

Looks like RB engineers got the start sequence wrong for both drivers, as they both went backwards big time at the start.

Bloody shame for Daniel, dropping so many places at the start meant he was fighting with back markers and got taken out by an overly optimistic Albon!
"In downforce we trust"

djos

Dunlay wrote:
07 Apr 2024, 09:28
It's imperative to transition away from Riccardo. His lack of lap speed and diminishing racing instincts are becoming increasingly detrimental. Delaying this decision will only worsen the situation.
He got taken out by Albon who put his car somewhere he shouldn’t have! Daniel was taking the racing line and Albon was far too optimistic putting his car there.
While stewards looked into the incident, they ultimately decided against taking any further action.

“Everyone who started on the softs… well, at least the cars in front on the medium looked to fare okay, but myself and Yuki [Tsunoda] had a pretty poor getaway on the medium and all the cars behind on the soft just got us quite easily,” Ricciardo said.

“We were just kind of scrambling obviously for some grip. By Turn 2 it had settled a little bit, but then I remember getting out of 2 still with a little bit of lack of traction and I remember an Aston on my left, so I was kind of watching that car.

“Then, as I was starting to drift to open up 3, I felt Alex. I saw his onboard and he just had so much better drive out of 2. I don’t even know if he wanted to be there, but he could see me kind of going a little bit sideways.”
"In downforce we trust"

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

djos wrote:
07 Apr 2024, 14:40
He got taken out by Albon who put his car somewhere he shouldn’t have!

Daniel was taking the racing line and Albon was far too optimistic putting his car there.
What should Albon have done? Just disappear?

Daniel has said in the pen that he was watching Stroll and didn't realise Albon was on the outside, he didn't see him.
The Power of Dreams!

Waz
Waz

Albon was going into a gap that was always going to close, so, yes, he should have lifted. It was ultra high risk with almost zero chance of reward.

Ultimately though, just a racing incident that probably could have been avoided in a number of ways, but primarily through starting on the same tire as those around them.

Wasted 2 good grid slots with a below par race operations decision.

Wouter

Waz wrote:
07 Apr 2024, 17:10
Albon was going into a gap that was always going to close, so, yes, he should have lifted. It was ultra high risk with almost zero chance of reward.

Ultimately though, just a racing incident that probably could have been avoided in a number of ways,

but primarily through starting on the same tire as those around them.

"... but primarily through starting on the same tire as those around them.
.Image

Are you saying that Albon was not allowed to start on Soft because Ricciardo started on Medium?
Albon was in the middle of drivers who started on Soft, so according to you Ricciardo was stupid to start not on Soft and caused the collision.
Ricciardo should have known that Albon would be faster on the Soft. The Soft warmed up much faster and had much more grip. All drivers who rode Soft were away much faster at the start.
The Power of Dreams!

Dunlay
Dunlay

Waz wrote:

Ultimately though, just a racing incident that probably could have been avoided in a number of ways, but primarily through starting on the same tire as those around them.

Watch the race start from Yuki's onboard. You will be surprised how well behaved the Alpine was in the exact similar situation. Yuki overtook that Alpine right there!

Edax
Edax

Waz wrote:

Outside carries some risk, but the four cars in front of them made it work. It is quite normal to take the S-es side-by side in the first lap.

Think the problem was more with Ric’s mental state. The reason he moved over to the right was, to try to follow Tsu around the alpines. Before the race he told his plan was to overtake Tsu at the start. I guess that when that did not work he tried too hard to follow him and missed Albon.

I have the feeling that he is more busy with his own situation within the team than with racing

PlatinumZealot

mzso wrote:
07 Apr 2024, 11:07
Kind of a sad ending to Ricciardo's career. He did virtually nothing good since his return.
It's the end of his career at RedBull for sure. Ricciardo is bouncing back but even if he beats Yuki in points this year he has already been exposed. Doors to RedBull will not open for him and he will have to find another team.

On the positive side, we should look at Yuki as stepping up to being a top tier driver. Ricciardo is no slow slouch of course. Yuki just needs to keep the pressure on and keep consistent.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

mzso
mzso

djos wrote:

He got taken out by Albon who put his car somewhere he shouldn’t have! Daniel was taking the racing line and Albon was far too optimistic putting his car there.
Fan goggles... He blundered into Albon, causing the collision.

mzso
mzso

PlatinumZealot wrote:
07 Apr 2024, 20:08
On the positive side, we should look at Yuki as stepping up to being a top tier driver. Ricciardo is no slow slouch of course. Yuki just needs to keep the pressure on and keep consistent.
I don't seem him as pulling the team. I don't think he will last long either. His performances all in all were not amazing. I see Lawson replacing whichever of them perform worse this year. Then the other as soon as they find a good candidate.

djos

Waz wrote:

Exactly! Daniel was already moving onto the racing line when Albon tried to run down the outside and tagged Daniels rear wheel.
"In downforce we trust"

djos

Wouter wrote:
07 Apr 2024, 15:31
djos wrote:
He got taken out by Albon who put his car somewhere he shouldn’t have!

Daniel was taking the racing line and Albon was far too optimistic putting his car there.
What should Albon have done? Just disappear?

Daniel has said in the pen that he was watching Stroll and didn't realise Albon was on the outside, he didn't see him.
All the former F1 drivers said that Daniel was following the racing line. Albon drove into a space that was already disappearing. The onboard you posted, clearly show this.
"In downforce we trust"

djos

mzso wrote:
07 Apr 2024, 22:54
djos wrote:

Fan goggles... He blundered into Albon, causing the collision.
Rubbish, he was already moving into the racing line when Albon tried to drive around him into a vanishing space.

Yes it’s a first lap racing incident, but Albon was way too optimistic!
"In downforce we trust"