2015 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, September 4 - 6

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
GPR-A duplicate2

Re: 2015 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, September 4 - 6

Chuckjr wrote:1.5+ seconds faster? Come on. The excess speed Merc has is making this record winning year meaningless.

When your odds are 50/50 to win pole and the race, it takes away from the accomplishment of winning by default. Would you rather beat an equal competitor or one that is so disadvantaged they cannot beat you. Bernie and the FIA, you suck donkey balls.

I miss the days when winning pole and the race actually meant something. And I can't believe Lewis does not want red bull to have Merc engines. What is he afraid of? Is not competitive opposition the juice of life as an F1 driver? Fighting for pole and a win is where it's at I thought. A 1.5+ second advantage is like a featherweight boxer taking on a heavyweight. What fun is that?

Chilton could win a world championship in this Merc. Smh.
I completely agree with everything you said. And are you saying that Chilton is actually better than Rosberg? :lol: :lol: :lol:

As for Lewis saying no for engine supply to Red Bull, there was a very cheeky smile on his face when he was saying that (Yes, I watched that part of the video interview). To me, it infers that almost the deal is done between Red Bull and Mercedes and we would see a "Red Bull Mercedes" next season. After all, Marko and Niki have breakfast everyday !!! Two Austrians have convinced the Mercedes management to provide Red Bull with PU and like Marko was mentioning, even if Red Bull wins, it is a Mercedes win.

From a pure business perspective, I don't think Mercedes has reaped all the returns on their turbo investment and would be suicidal to see FIA jumping in and making wholesome changes because of their continued domination, and then the formula itself might change and they have to re-invest again. So, it is rather more easier to sell the PU to Red Bull and make a competitive scenario in F1 and continue to make revenues for few more years. Anyway, a customer PU is going to be slightly less competitive than for the factory team. For Red Bull though, even the customer PU is far more competitive than the current Renault PU and they would be happy to be in the hunt with their aero power.

I am ready to bet on a Red Bull and Merc deal for next year and when you look at Renault having serious talks with Lotus, it clearly makes up for this deal happening. I would rather see Danny boy challenging Lewis next year.

Chuckjr

I was saying even Chilton could win a championship with this car if everyone else was not in a Merc. I'm not commenting on any other drivers talent or ability. I'm saying the Merc is that good--even Chilton could win everything driving it.

I remember some of the poles Lewis got when he was in a Macca battling a 1/2 or so second faster Red Bull and when he got pole he absolutely exploded with excitement when he got out of the car. The team was bananas. People were freaking out. I don't see that emotion anymore. The whole event has been compromised and dumbed down to the point where it's not even recognizable as a sport anymore.

When your a fighter you like to fight others with equal or possibly a slight advantage over you. That's what a true competitor prefers because if he/she can still win with equal or lesser odds, the win actually carries meaning.

But when your competitor has zero chance outside of a very rare mishap, it usurps all the pleasure of winning not only for the competitor, but for everyone involved. It's actually insulting to everyone's intelligence to call this situation a sport.
Watching F1 since 1986.

henra
henra

Chuckjr wrote:1.5+ seconds faster? Come on. The excess speed Merc has is making this record winning year meaningless.
When your odds are 50/50 to win pole and the race, it takes away from the accomplishment of winning by default. Would you rather beat an equal competitor or one that is so disadvantaged they cannot beat you.
Although I'm generally not a fan of BoP Bullshit I have to admit I have to agree on what you're saying. The Level of domination we see from Merc is exceeding a healthy level by far. They are playing with the rest of the field - by far more so than RBR ever did. Even 2nd place is out of reach for a non- Merc under normal cisrcumstances. Even last year only reliability/sustainability issues allowed others to grab one of the two top spots on the Podium in rare occasions.

Jordan44

henra wrote:
When your odds are 50/50 to win pole and the race, it takes away from the accomplishment of winning by default. Would you rather beat an equal competitor or one that is so disadvantaged they cannot beat you.
Although I'm generally not a fan of BoP Bullshit I have to admit I have to agree on what you're saying. The Level of domination we see from Merc is exceeding a healthy level by far. They are playing with the rest of the field - by far more so than RBR ever did. Even 2nd place is out of reach for a non- Merc under normal cisrcumstances. Even last year only reliability/sustainability issues allowed others to grab one of the two top spots on the Podium in rare occasions.
Second place was only reachable during the Red Bull era because their second driver was Mark Webber.

Who are you complaining at anyway? Surely it's all the other team's fault for doing such a lousy job to prepare for this era.
Last edited by Jordan44 on 05 Sep 2015, 11:00, edited 1 time in total.

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

henra wrote:
Okay... but that's not Merc's fault is it? We can only look to the rest of the field and wonder how they can be so far behind.

SiLo

Diesel wrote:
henra wrote:
Okay... but that's not Merc's fault is it? We can only look to the rest of the field and wonder how they can be so far behind.
Yup, why is everyone so annoyed with Mercedes? Be annoyed with the teams that didn't do their jobs well enough.
Felipe Baby!

Phil

I'm getting more sick of complaining fans than the actual Mercedes domination... This is F1. It was never a level playing field. The gap at times was smaller, now it is bigger. Bear in mind Monza is a power track. Of course it was going to suit Mercedes. Can we move on now and quit with the whining!
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

AnthonyG

SiLo wrote:
AnthonyG wrote:
On a sidenote. Can't we all agree the FIA should better prohibit this?
It does say it in the other teams contracts apparently, this isn't so much an upgrade, but more a development engine. The other teams will get the upgrades in due course.

Edit:

As in, Merc want to run them in their cars to make sure they are ok first, before handing them out. Essentially they are testing them because they are able to do so with such a pace advantage.
Mercedes preserves new engine for itself at the GP where engine power is crucial.
But it's not because we want the advantage for our own, it's just because we want to be sure the engine works well. It has notthing to do with we wanting to keep an advantage over you. There is not actually any power upgrade, we just used some tokens :lol:
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

tomhockey
tomhockey

Does anyone have any info on how Ferrari were doing on the long runs yesterday compared to the Mercs and Williams?

ME4ME

tomhockey wrote:Does anyone have any info on how Ferrari were doing on the long runs yesterday compared to the Mercs and Williams?
Check this page :)
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2015/09/04/t ... edes-lead/

djos

Pathetic, Renault QA is clearly needing a massive boot up the backside!
"In downforce we trust"

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

Any thoughts on the gagging order about the Pirelli stuff? Apparently Vettel/Ferrari turned around and accepted blame because Ecclestone told them to stop complaining, and all drivers have been told to not voice their concerns.

Sniffit

I would say that it is karma for trying to circumvent the engine penalty rules and introduce a bunch of engines even though it was nothing wrong with the previous one.

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

Sniffit wrote:
I would say that it is karma for trying to circumvent the engine penalty rules and introduce a bunch of engines even though it was nothing wrong with the previous one.
They aren't trying to circumvent any rules... I mean get real, they are taking penalties for changing engines, when they would rather be winning races and fighting for championships. Which part of this situation sees them gain any kind of advantage?