British GP 2009 - Silverstone

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Ray

Re: British GP 2009

Guess who was at the British GP quali sessions?

Funny thing is, we'll never know if it was really the Stig or not. :lol:
Last edited by Ray on 20 Jun 2009, 21:51, edited 1 time in total.

nae
nae

overalls are to tight for it to be Jacques Villeneuve

although i heard he was seeking a drive

lol
..?

BreezyRacer
BreezyRacer

Perry McCarthy?

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Full Chassis List:

1. Hamilton - McLaren - MP4/24-04 (no change)
2. Kovalinen - McLaren - MP4/24-02 (Used 03 at Turkey)
3. Massa - Ferrari - F60-277 (New Chassis, no longer using Kimis old chassis [276])
4. Raikkonen - Ferrari - F60-279 (no change)
5. Kubica - BMW Sauber - F1.09-03 (no change)
6. Heidfeld - BMW Sauber - F1.09-06 (no change)
7. Alonso - Renault - R29-04 (no change)
8. Piquet - Renault - R29-01 (no change)
9. Trulli - Toyota - TF109-06 (no change)
10. Glock - Toyota - TF109-05 (no change)
11. Bourdais - STR - STR4-01 (no change, still using Buemis old chassis)
12. Buemi - STR - STR4-03 (no change)
14. Webber - Red Bull - RB5-02 (no change, only driver appart from both Brawns and Williams drivers not to change his tub)
15. Vettel - Red Bull - RB5-04 (No more Kate [01] for him, new tub, probably brought some new luck as well)
16. Rossberg - Williams - FW31-03 (no change)
17. Nakajimma - Williams - FW31-04 (no change)
20. Sutil - Force India - VJM/02-03 (Back to using the same chassis he used for the first 5 races, 3rd major incedent this tub has had now)
21. Fisichella - Force India - VJM/02-04 (no change)
22. Button - Brawn GP - BGP001-02 (no change)
23. Barrichello - Brawn GP - BGP001-01 (no change, only launch car still competing this season)

modbaraban
modbaraban

BreezyRacer wrote:Perry McCarthy?
That was the black Stig. This one's rumoured to be Ben Collins.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Ive been thinking a little about the race and with Webber is hungry to win now that he has the car, i feel that if Webber can jump rubens at the start (id take 3rd [clean side] over second [dirty side] on the grid any day) and if webber does a strategy that worked in Spain and Turkey to get him on the podium, i feel that Webber can win, but Vettel has a totally new chassis and i think thats giving him more confedence as its probably much lighter than Kates Dirty Sister, hence the change in lap-time.

donskar
donskar

WhiteBlue wrote:Webber can be a bit rude. I thought his comments about Kimi were a bit over the mark.
Kimi (Räikkönen) was, I don’t know, drinking some vodka or dreaming or something… I don’t know what the hell he was doing.
Good to see Red Bull taking the fight to the Brawns. It isn't unexpected. The Newey design was already awesome without DDD. Now that they refine the concept and integrate it with the original car they are showing their true potential.

Great driving by both RBR drivers, and Rubens loves Silverstone. It is probably his most favourite circuit. I don't know how many laps he did there for Jordan.
Agree on Webber. He has never won and -- unless Vettel goes out -- he won't win tomorrow. I'm sure one of the Webber fans can give us a factual comparison of Webber's WDCs versus Kimi, then we can count up their respective wins.

Vettel going really well, especially for so heavy a car. I'm no Newey fan (his cars beat Ferrari too often!), but he is an outstanding designer, probably the best active right now.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

ISLAMATRON

Its hard for any true professional to live down being a drunk... KIMI's exploits are well known... truly a waste of talent

obviously a joke on Webbo's part... dont overreact

I'd take Webbo over KIMI in the same equipment anytime

jamsbong
jamsbong

Webber mouth is always disgusting and full of Sh**. Problem with him is that he does not realise how bad he is in terms of what it comes out of his mouth. He should have been on pole as his car is lighter and because he is not. He decides to blame on others.

I find he is just jealous of talents like Kimi and Schumacher. I think this is just his hate manifesting to the words he said.

Giblet
Giblet

jamsbong wrote:Webber mouth is always disgusting and full of Sh**. Problem with him is that he does not realise how bad he is in terms of what it comes out of his mouth. He should have been on pole as his car is lighter and because he is not. He decides to blame on others.

I find he is just jealous of talents like Kimi and Schumacher. I think this is just his hate manifesting to the words he said.
'Struth.

On par with every Australian I've known. Problem is, if you see it that way, is he doesn't care what comes out of his mouth, and I wish more drivers said what was on their mind instead of "I am a robot - beep".
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

djos

WhiteBlue wrote:Webber can be a bit rude. I thought his comments about Kimi were a bit over the mark.
Kimi (Räikkönen) was, I don’t know, drinking some vodka or dreaming or something… I don’t know what the hell he was doing.
Good to see Red Bull taking the fight to the Brawns. It isn't unexpected. The Newey design was already awesome without DDD. Now that they refine the concept and integrate it with the original car they are showing their true potential.

Great driving by both RBR drivers, and Rubens loves Silverstone. It is probably his most favourite circuit. I don't know how many laps he did there for Jordan.
Kimi was dawdling on the racing line [-X , i'd be furious too if i was Webber!
"In downforce we trust"

djos

What I want to know is, WTF are the Stewards on this?

Every Journo and his dog from the Beeb boys to the Official F1 site agree that Webber was impeded by Kimi on his final lap and would have grabbed Pole or at worst 2nd and yet Kimi has not had a penalty levied against him despite being clearly on the racing line?

If you watch the onboard footage replay from the end of the Q3 it was so clear to Webber that Kimi was on the racing line and going to impede him that he was shaking his hand at him from the moment he sighted Kimi on the racing line. It clearly compromised his entry and exit of that section of the circuit and cost him imo a minimum of 2/10ths!
"In downforce we trust"

ISLAMATRON

dont know if he was gonna grab pole but it could actually help Webbo out a bit seeing that P3 on the clean line is probly better than P2 on the dirty side.... hmmm imagine that.... Webbo actually being struck with good luck... neva mind dat!

djos

ISLAMATRON wrote:dont know if he was gonna grab pole but it could actually help Webbo out a bit seeing that P3 on the clean line is probly better than P2 on the dirty side.... hmmm imagine that.... Webbo actually being struck with good luck... neva mind dat!
Lol, if Webbo could use his lighter car on the clean side of the track to drive around Vettel while he is fending of Rubens I'd be a very happy boy! :mrgreen:
"In downforce we trust"

WhiteBlue

Giblet wrote:
jamsbong wrote:Webber mouth is always disgusting and full of Sh**. Problem with him is that he does not realise how bad he is in terms of what it comes out of his mouth. He should have been on pole as his car is lighter and because he is not. He decides to blame on others.

'Struth.

On par with every Australian I've known. Problem is, if you see it that way, is he doesn't care what comes out of his mouth, and I wish more drivers said what was on their mind instead of "I am a robot - beep".
They are not subtle, I give you that. I just thought that you can tell the truth with a bit of politeness and humor. I know its bloody hard - being German myself - but this is a discipline the Brits usually do a better job. I wonder how Jenson or Brundle would have worded it instead. Some of the most impressive insults I have come across were phrased as compliments by English and Scots.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)