Silly Season 2016/2017

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Re: Silly Season 2016/2017

well, there's always marcus ericsson who manages to bicycle crash into a chicken and gets bruised on a training course. not even kidding here.

But I sincerely agree with the 'qualities' of Palmer.
I really wonder whether Carmen Jorda wouldn't actually have done better of a job.

meanwhile, i'm hoping for Kvyat he'll keep his 'up' from last race going and even stronger,
hoping the lad will get a chance with another team to show his talent.

Untill his much hated vettel-crashing skills, he did pretty well actually looking back at things,
and i think his battle against Max was very impressive. Never out of control, never over the edge,
not dirty, no resentness to smell. I liked that a lot.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

iotar__

Manoah2u wrote:well, there's always marcus ericsson who manages to bicycle crash into a chicken and gets bruised on a training course. not even kidding here.
.. and who's having a better season than Williams' candidate and some posters' favourite Nasr. Perhaps you missed it like the rest of the world Raikkonen's top drives :wink:

- So when is Ferrari replacing Vettel? Told you they should have replaced them both before the season - I want my points.
- This is what you get when incompetent people (Marchionne), drivers running teams, Ecclestone's money for nothing and marketing fiction are ruining F1. Spain, China + Russia (China collision gearbox), Monaco, Spa, Canada, Malaysia and so on.

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

Manoah2u wrote:take note, Ocon just beat Wehrlein in qually. let's see what happens tomorrow with a non-failing car and a non-failing team [pitstops]
Well, Ocon did get a much better start (up to 10th with Wehrlein to 13th) but then Wehrlein overtook him in turn 1 late in the race. Not sure if they were on the same strategy or not though, or if there were any other extenuating circumstances.
Manoah2u wrote:well, there's always marcus ericsson who manages to bicycle crash into a chicken and gets bruised on a training course.
To be fair, animals tend to suddenly run into the paths of people without warning. This could've happened to anyone, and is more unlucky than a reflection of his driving skills or reaction time.

basti313
basti313

ChrisDanger wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:take note, Ocon just beat Wehrlein in qually. let's see what happens tomorrow with a non-failing car and a non-failing team [pitstops]
Well, Ocon did get a much better start (up to 10th with Wehrlein to 13th) but then Wehrlein overtook him in turn 1 late in the race. Not sure if they were on the same strategy or not though, or if there were any other extenuating circumstances.
Same strategy (S-H-H), but one pitstop more for Weh. No idea, what happened to his tires, but he changed the last hards quite early for a late run on softs and overtook Ocon early after the stop. At this overtake I did not like the defending/line of Ocon. Loooked like lousy to me, he was driving like there was no other car overtaking him.
Don`t russel the hamster!

nokivasara
nokivasara

Manoah2u wrote:well, there's always marcus ericsson who manages to bicycle crash into a chicken and gets bruised on a training course. not even kidding here.
And this makes him a worse F1 driver how? Do you think that he was racing the hen or what?

Cold Fussion
Cold Fussion

nokivasara wrote:
And this makes him a worse F1 driver how? Do you think that he was racing the hen or what?
Didn't you read the latest edition of Nature where they showed a conclusive link between falling off a bicycle and being a --- cunt? I thought it was common knowledge that the best and successful Formula 1 drivers are born and raised as sterile robots, only to be activated on a grand prix weekend.

iotar__

Perez stays at Force India for '17
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/force ... 17-832667/
"Perez had been a target of the Renault team, but the French manufacturer wanted a firm three-year commitment – something the Mexican was not willing to accept as he targets a Ferrari seat for 2018."
As previously mentioned.

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

Well it seems, officially speaking, it's officially official, in an official sense.
https://twitter.com/SChecoPerez/status/ ... 4539869184

wickedz50
wickedz50

iotar__ wrote:Perez stays at Force India for '17
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/force ... 17-832667/
"Perez had been a target of the Renault team, but the French manufacturer wanted a firm three-year commitment – something the Mexican was not willing to accept as he targets a Ferrari seat for 2018."
As previously mentioned.
Ferrari!!!!!
First go and wash your mouth Sergio....Ferrari is no Mclaren.. A mediocre drive in a Merc powered Force India will land you a drive on the moon...what special talent you got that other championship winner do not have...will Lewis watch a empty Ferrari seat go in smoke in 2018?

wickedz50
wickedz50

ChrisDanger wrote:Well it seems, officially speaking, it's officially official, in an official sense.

https://twitter.com/SChecoPerez/status/ ... 4539869184
Checo u will drive for Manor racing in 2018!!! Ferrari!!High hopes without any result to justify a drive [-o<

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Hamilton Ferrari 2018,
Perez Ferrari 2018.

Raikkonen out 2018 as he simply resigns his F1 career.
Vettel out as he doesnt want to be Alonso nr.2, and turns much more critical in 2017 not to the liking of the Maranello team.

Meanwhile, as for the comment on Ocon, you did realise i was talking bout the Qually, not the race?

And about that Ericsson chicken incident......take it with a grain of salt, c'mon.
Meanwhile, Ericsson imho drove better than Nasr this weekend, and apart from that chicken comment, i dont have any high regards of the bloke, so Nasr needs to step up his game.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

bidness
bidness

Ericcson wanted to be modest so he said to report it as a chicken. In reality it was a crocodile who tangled with the bike and marcus wrestled it and killed it (according to a witness).

efuloni
efuloni

Renault is out of options. Perez confirmed he will stay at Force India and it all indicates Bottas will remain at Williams. I think the happiest about this are Magnussen, Ocon and Nasr. They are probably the favourites to the place now.

Ops. I almost forgot. If Gasly takes Kvyat's seat, I'd say he will be best choice for Renault and they won't let it go.

Vasconia

efuloni wrote:Renault is out of options. Perez confirmed he will stay at Force India and it all indicates Bottas will remain at Williams. I think the happiest about this are Magnussen, Ocon and Nasr. They are probably the favourites to the place now.

Ops. I almost forgot. If Gasly takes Kvyat's seat, I'd say he will be best choice for Renault and they won't let it go.
And I also saw that Renault could sing Sainz for 2018 as TR seems to be very reluctant to leave him go in 2017. Renault is without options so perhaps he will kee the same line-up.

Ericsson is dong a good job, I dont rate him as an excellent driver but at least he is being better than this team mate.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Ocon, Nasr, Kvyat, Sirotkin, Wehrlein all potential drivers for Renault still. Plenty to choose from, just not exactly what they most definately need.
Well, there's still Maldonado!