Canadian GP 2011 - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Paul

Re: Canadian GP 2011 - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Button should get one or two penalties, but I hope he doesn't, because the team definitely deserve then win for having prepared by far the best car for the conditions.

Although I'm unhappy with them making Hamilton stop without obvious damage, even 1 lap down he would have made the race much more fun.

Otherwise, I wouldn't call this race great or legendary, even with all the incidents. Seriously, the marshal one was the most exciting which tells you something.

Med4224

Re: Mercedes GP W02

andrew wrote:As soon as the track dried out Schumacher was a sitting duck. I was hoping for him to sneak the win at one point then I remembered about the machinery.

Don't know what went on with Rosberg. He should have been much further forward.

yea, on the last restart I thought Michael was going for P1
his first lead lap since 06...that would've been awesome

Rosberg had an incident with a Force India, he really suffered after that
but he was even slower before then

I was watching his on-board for a while and he was struggling to keep the car on the line, too many corrections and a sliding rear
Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

Albert Einstein

beelsebob
beelsebob

andartop wrote:I am not a Vettel fan, and I have said myself quite a few times that I'd like to see him win from the back of the field or midfield, but to say that an F1 World Champion who is currently looking very good indeed to claim his 2nd WDC "can't race" sounds to me a bit like saying that after all these contacts at Monaco and Canada Hamilton "can't overtake"..
Being F1 champion in the best car of the field by a tiny margin, and then leading the championship in an even better car is not that impressive. Especially when, as I said, he is AWESOME out front. And it says nothing about whether he can actually race amongst other cars.

horse

Paul wrote:Although I'm unhappy with them making Hamilton stop without obvious damage, even 1 lap down he would have made the race much more fun.
He had a broken suspension upright and a bent drive shaft according to Ted Kravitz.
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

beelsebob
beelsebob

Paul wrote:Button should get one or two penalties
I don't think he should get penalised for either incident... But then, I don't think any of the collisions that have been penalised this season deserved it.

Poleman

andartop wrote:I am not a Vettel fan, and I have said myself quite a few times that I'd like to see him win from the back of the field or midfield, but to say that an F1 World Champion who is currently looking very good indeed to claim his 2nd WDC "can't race" sounds to me a bit like saying that after all these contacts at Monaco and Canada Hamilton "can't overtake"..
I actually like your point in that post...The only slight difference to me as in everybody else who believe "Vettel cant drive" is that,Hamilton has proved in his years that he can overtake,yet we havent seen Vettel put a stellar drive fighting apart from 1st from start to finish.

Princey

The Marshall was hilarious! did you guys see him?.. going, going, gone.. face plant then up to see an f1 car coming at him.. then down again.. and he didn't even clear anything! :lol:
Don't Kanye me. Or I'll Chris Brown you and Tiger Woods your mother.

ringo

He should be penalized, but becuase he beat vettel i don't expect it or want it.

Just being frank.

THE BOSS should study this and realize that geing berserk should be reserved for when the race is at least 50% complete, as it worked for him in china.

Button and Vettel both lucky today.

the right safety cars and the right retirements helped them a lot.
For Sure!!

beelsebob
beelsebob

Princey wrote:The Marshall was hilarious! did you guys see him?.. going, going, gone.. face plant then up to see an f1 car coming at him.. then down again.. and he didn't even clear anything! :lol:
Other than a great race, canada is gonna go down in history for having the most drunk marshals – the one going to vettel in the wall of champions face planted too.

PlatinumZealot

But he has never raced anyone before so when we finally see him race...

Any wonderful win by Button, that just overshadows him closing the gap on Hamilton for me. I don't care about that anymore, Button's not gonna win the WDC anyway. But I love seeing Vettel slide out under the pressure on the last lap - that just made my day. I mean I have seen that in Schumacher days but to see it in moderns times, just wow.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

flynfrog

Poleman wrote:
I actually like your point in that post...The only slight difference to me as in everybody else who believe "Vettel cant drive" is that,Hamilton has proved in his years that he can overtake,yet we havent seen Vettel put a stellar drive fighting apart from 1st from start to finish.
do you not remember vettel winning in the str

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

I want to know how many drivers are up at the Stewards right now, its gotta be about half the friggen feild on merit, and the rest just because.

PlatinumZealot

Princey wrote:The Marshall was hilarious! did you guys see him?.. going, going, gone.. face plant then up to see an f1 car coming at him.. then down again.. and he didn't even clear anything! :lol:
Hahaha..
His knees must have cracked under the pressure.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

Princey

Don't Kanye me. Or I'll Chris Brown you and Tiger Woods your mother.

andartop
andartop

beelsebob wrote:Being F1 champion in the best car of the field by a tiny margin, and then leading the championship in an even better car is not that impressive. Especially when, as I said, he is AWESOME out front. And it says nothing about whether he can actually race amongst other cars.
Last time I checked quite a few F1 Champions (if not most of them) in the history of the sport won their championships driving the best car.

Maybe he should win another couple of titles for Red Bull, then move to WRC where he will only have to race against the clock! 8)
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft