Innovo 2012 F1 Car - Tozza Mazza and JordanGP

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
MIKEY_!

Re: Innovo 2012 F1 Car - Tozza Mazza

Wow that's one deep V-nose. Maybe it's just the perspective fooling me but it looks to me like the underside of that nose is not low enough. Looks good though, well done!

jordangp

Minimum dimensions at A-A and B-B. Vertical across at top at 625mm above RP. It's not too much higher at all than any of the 2011 cars. From the angle in the image, you can't see where it goes down, or the splitter section, so it does seem high. But can't give too much of the car away before we launch the finished car.

MIKEY_!

Of course! Anyway I'm really looking forward to this one. If the quality of that nose is anything to go by, you guys have really put in a big effort. Done any CFD on it yet? (other than that wing from a while back)

jordangp

Unfortunately our championship now has a CFD restriction, due to protest from other teams, because they don't use CFD, so unfortunately havn't done any CFD other than the wings etc. we have already shown.

scuderiafan

jordangp wrote:Ok, we have a date :) The Innovo i12 Ford will launch on Saturday 28th January.

A preview from the 2012 noses thread:

"You're so angry that you throw your gloves down, and the worst part is; you have to pick them up again." - Steve Matchett

Patiently waiting...

jordangp

:lol: Caterham have taken our nose by the looks of it, it's very homogeneous, and if rumours are true, Ferrari have a similar sidepod solution also. Although ours is narrower with a different radiator concept :wink:

wesley123
wesley123

Just 3 days until the launch of your car. I cannot wait to see what you guys have come up with with the current rule set.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Tozza Mazza

wesley123 wrote:Just 3 days until the launch of your car. I cannot wait to see what you guys have come up with with the current rule set.
It's pretty mad...

I'm annoyed I haven't done much work on it recently, as I've been busy with exam!!!

jordangp

Completely finished, it's just down to smoothing and rendering etc now. If you weren't aware I've been dropping the hints on our twitter feed @InnovoF1 about the new car every day for this week coming up to the launch.

jordangp

Tomorrow it is guys!

Get Ready for the first Formula Sketch car launch of the year!

jordangp

We estimate around 200 hours of work have gone in to the car.

I myself, have been working on graphics since 4:30PM GMT, just finished them, ready to be uploaded tomorrow :D

jordangp

Here it is then guys, our promotional launch images of the Innovo i12.
Some more detailed images of the car itself will be released later on, and some images will be exclusive to http://www.formulasketch.co.uk/

Visit http://www.formulasketch.co.uk/ also for links to HD version of images.

The car will be driven by our drivers Nick Heidfeld and Robert Kubica, and we are the first Formula Sketch team to release our 2012 car.

Here's a couple of images then:

As I said in the previous post, around 200 hours has gone into it, and I spent over 7 hours last night doing rendering and graphics. Please make comments, and be critical of the car if you think it's justified, don't be too critical of my graphics though, I was never too good at em :lol:

hansengp
hansengp

Wow! Amazing. Been looking forward to seeing this for ages. Can't wait until there's some more detailed pics. Your enemy he DW58 launches on Wednesday look out Biggys! :L
Follow Hansen GP on Twitter @HansenPitWall https://twitter.com/HansenPitWall

Part of: http://www.formulasketch.co.uk

N12ck

Can you show images without the livery and graphic effects on please :) fantastic work guys!
Budding F1 Engineer

jordangp

More technical images will be available shortly