I think Webber is overrated

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
jaslfc
jaslfc

I think Webber is overrated

Hey guys ,, im studyin in australia and im getting sick and tired of the mark webber craze!! I know he is a good driver but i feel he has not proven himself.Come one man his race results are actually ---.. what do u guys think?

tempest
tempest

Yeah, i totally agree. That would explain his P2 grid in maylasia and a p3 more recently, as well as some points, in an underfunded, underpowered and unreliable car. Also i think that ferrari is having some development issues with the new car, Kimi does good, humourous interviews, and JPM is always level headed (especially overtaking micheal).

tyler durten
tyler durten

Mark Webber is one of the best drivers in f1 , like Raikkonen, montoya alonso and........michael
remenber pain is temporary

McLaurin

He belongs to the subtop i guess but he just aint that good enough to be a top driver. Give him a few more years.
David Coulthard is the best !!!!!

tyler durten
tyler durten

years???? give him A YEAR

jaslfc
jaslfc

Im not askin bout how long it takes him to shine.. all im saying is he is currently overated. I agree that he is good but shame on u tyler durten for putting webber in the same catagory as Raikonnen montoya and alonso.. Come on man!! wake up!!

tyler durten
tyler durten

if you don´t like webber that´s your problem but he is definitly a exelent driver.

the prove is........................williams

scarbs
scarbs

Strangely I agree, I don't beleive webber has proven to much in his F1 career so far. At Minardi I recall Yoong wasnt too far behind him by the seasons end, at Jaguar his car went well on Q tyres and he had soem demoralised teammates, his race performances refelcted his degrading tyres. I know he is fit, hard workig and quite technical (I met him and thought he was a bit of an a**e). But he needs to show at Williams he can race well. I am not saying he is a bad driver, nor am I saying he may not be very good, I just dont see enough proof so far.

As for the Williams drive beign proof in iteself three words "Heinz Harald Frentzen"

j4kwan
j4kwan

webbA is somewhat overrated, but I don't think he's all that much underrated either. People rating him, put different values towards him.
Most people rate him highly because of the way webber carries himself through the paddock. He shows maturity, and an all around boy scouts personality - all of which results in every team overlooking the "average" statistical results, giving webba a racing opportunity. Lesson to be learned by the other racers - Attitude goes a long way.

It would be very nice to see webber pitted against another highly rated racer in the Williams. If he gets those numbers up, he'd be an Aussie God

scarbs wrote:At Minardi I recall Yoong wasnt too far behind him by the seasons end,
Yoong couldn't keep the car on the track.

Stas
Stas

Well, Mark Weber is good driver there is no quostins about( Do you remember 1 year with Minardi- in some races he was faster than both Aroows and his teammate). But i dont think he deserve seat at Willams
I think there is more good drivers out here like Jos Verstappen Who are beteer drivers than Mark. :P

-shr3d-
-shr3d-

hey all,
yeah hard call this one, there has been times when he has been very impressive and others when he hasnt taken his opportunities in both hands which can almost destroy a career... would have been good to see him up against jenson next year but looks like we will have to wait and see whether he destroys pizziona's career for good... :)

-shr3d-
-shr3d-

hey all,
yeah hard call this one, there has been times when he has been very impressive and others when he hasnt taken his opportunities in both hands which can almost destroy a career... would have been good to see him up against jenson next year but looks like we will have to wait and see whether he destroys pizziona's career for good... :)

Scuderia-Russ
Scuderia-Russ

-shr3d- wrote:hey all,
99.9% that i have spoken to are adamant that Pizzonia is going to get crushed next year and i'm gonna stick my neck out and say that i do not believe this will be the case.Granted on past performances he hasn't exactly done himself too many favours (like his entire Jaguar career) but i believe he will still spring a few surprises on Webber throughout the year.As for next years surprise team,i reckon it could be Sauber! Be sure to did out this thread after the Chinese G.P. next year and we'll see if i have been talking out of my @ss.

Russ

Pizzonia got totally crushed at the 'ol Jag garage. However, I'm sure he had some forces against him while he was there. Hey, it was his rookie year. This year, he did quite well replacing Ralfie-boy, so he might be capable of pulling a few rabbits out of his hat next season.

He may beat Webbo in a few races (all be it, DNFs and crazy weather), but I doubt he'll qualify better than the Aussie.