I think Webber is overrated

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
-shr3d-
-shr3d-

yeah not a promising first day for Heidfeld in his aim to be Webbers teammate next year hey... lets see what he can do today...
Lets see if Webber can be the next Fisi, beating all his teammates, hasnt been stretched yet though.

v10motorhead
v10motorhead

Over Rated? Ur Joking!

Webber and over rated?? I dont think so... Here's why:

Any guy who can finish P5 in an ailing Minardi on his debut race is special... Yep going back to Melbourne 2002, yeah i know there was that big 1st corner incident, but Webber had to fend off Salo in the Toyota & forced Salo to commit an error & spin..... Mind you Webber had only 5 gears working & a stuffed diff.

He's outpaced every team mate he's had by an avg of almost a second at every race meet.... I bet Yoong, Pizzonia, Wilson & Klien wouldnt call Webber a mate! He's destroyed their F1 chances... Yoong is racing in the Aussie V8 Supecar series (beefed up taxis), Pizzonia was dropped like a hot potato by Jaguar mid season & is now a test driver, Wilson's trying his luck in the US of A & Klien, we'll just hv to wait and see....

He doesnt make too many mistakes!

He's had a few good moments with Micheal Shumacher this year, not good publicity for Ferrari I bet.....

Very consistenst, smooth & determined driving style. He's got a good balance of agression & conservativity....

Now who the hell can qualify P2 & P3 in a Jaguar?

There's something special about the guy....

I'd love to see him mix it with Michael, Kimi & Juan...

I like Webber a lot, but I still prefer Kimi..........

Speaking aboyt an Over rated driver? What about Sato??? The most over rated driver in F1 history! He's the most arrogant over optimistic lethal weapon in a F1 car!

Part of Webber's strengths is his technical side, his ability to develop the car will be key for Williams. I reckon Webber was one of the reasons Jaguar have been punching above thier weight.

-shr3d-
-shr3d-

yeah i am looking forward to seeing how he goes this year cause i think deep down he can do the business although there are a few question marks in his career...

back off on webber

webber is a dam more brighter driver than his former team mate divers.the reson he hasnt had chance is mino's didnt have the funds to let him show potential and jaguar that team more ahead case than a f1 team there technical team got moved around so much that there cars wernt well developed alot. gearbox engine electrics failed a lot so dont blame the driver if the car isnt up to scrach. :x :evil: hint hint

Scuderia-Russ
Scuderia-Russ

Re: Over Rated? Ur Joking!

v10motorhead wrote: Speaking aboyt an Over rated driver? What about Sato??? The most over rated driver in F1 history! He's the most arrogant over optimistic lethal weapon in a F1 car!
I'd have to disagree with you on that one.From what i've seen and read of him he has an amazing natural talent.Where as most F1 drivers were racing kartsfrom about the age of ten,he didn't see a proper racing car until he was 18! and look where he is now!! And as for arrogant...are we talking about the same guy here? You must be kidding me.He is probably the most well mannered, politest ,entertaining driver in the whole field,and he doesn't have a bad word to say about anyone.

Schuesdaman
Schuesdaman

I dont think Sato is overrated. Thats because he is not even rated highly by anyone lol. Although, I cant agree that he is arrogant since he is known to be the "nice guy" of F1. Having said that, he is really the most dangerous driver in F1 cause he is way is too optimistic. At the moment he's not good enough for even podiums because of his lack of consistancy.

As for that idiot that brought up Alex Yoong's performance against Webber, you are exactly that. That fool couldn't get a ride for Minardi the following year even though he brought massive funding with him. He was absolutely hopeless.

btw: Pizzonia is ---, Webber is good but I reckon he needs half to a full season in Williams before he will be great. Qualy is his strength, racing is not (reliability is porbably influential factor in that).

last night i had a look at webbers last two years at jag and he has had more mechnical failers than crashes so what dose that tell you about jag f1 sounds like lemon f1 team than reliable so before you start shooting the drive in THE FOOT you should take a good look at magament. At least we can beat the poms in there own game :lol: GO AUSSIE AUSsIE

Scuderia-Russ
Scuderia-Russ

Anonymous wrote:At least we can beat the poms in there own game :lol: GO AUSSIE AUSsIE
I take it from your last comment that your great Grandad was one of the crim's we shipped off our island?

-shr3d-
-shr3d-

now boys, play nice.....hehe. yeah i agree about Sato, anyone who can dominate British F3 like he did has to have some talent, seems he just has to work out how to make that work in F1 cars although some people never quite adjust to it (ie Jan Magnussen).
And like Ayrton used to say, there are so many variables during an F1 race that it quite hard to judge performances but there were times when Mark disappointed in the last 2 years and I love the guy. Lets hope the car is as competitive and 2k3 and we can see him up there with the big schu...

Sato is fast, just not mature. He tends to be a little optimistic.

Irvingthien
Irvingthien

he's good, bu just a late starter, got his debut way into his mid 20-s, too late from my point of view.

It is hard for an Australian to find a quality drive due to the lack of corporate funding out of Australia, I think Mark has got the Williams drive from pure talent and determination, nobody can take that away from him.

Frank Williams thinks so.

You dont get a drive in a Williams unless you have proved yourself

-shr3d-
-shr3d-

yeah that is true, Ryan Briscoe is in the same boat now. If some corporations from Australia got behind him he could have had the Jordan seat this year but it now seems not...

Re: Over Rated? Ur Joking!

v10motorhead wrote:Webber and over rated?? I dont think so... Here's why:

Any guy who can finish P5 in an ailing Minardi on his debut race is special... Yep going back to Melbourne 2002, yeah i know there was that big 1st corner incident, but Webber had to fend off Salo in the Toyota & forced Salo to commit an error & spin..... Mind you Webber had only 5 gears working & a stuffed diff.

He's outpaced every team mate he's had by an avg of almost a second at every race meet.... I bet Yoong, Pizzonia, Wilson & Klien wouldnt call Webber a mate! He's destroyed their F1 chances... Yoong is racing in the Aussie V8 Supecar series (beefed up taxis), Pizzonia was dropped like a hot potato by Jaguar mid season & is now a test driver, Wilson's trying his luck in the US of A & Klien, we'll just hv to wait and see....

He doesnt make too many mistakes!

He's had a few good moments with Micheal Shumacher this year, not good publicity for Ferrari I bet.....

Very consistenst, smooth & determined driving style. He's got a good balance of agression & conservativity....

Now who the hell can qualify P2 & P3 in a Jaguar?

There's something special about the guy....

I'd love to see him mix it with Michael, Kimi & Juan...

I like Webber a lot, but I still prefer Kimi..........

Speaking aboyt an Over rated driver? What about Sato??? The most over rated driver in F1 history! He's the most arrogant over optimistic lethal weapon in a F1 car!
Fast and aggressive - I think he will shine. Also, I do think that Pizzonia will get the drive and will be quicker than MW is expecting him to be.

Sato - very exciting; he should be in F1 a very genuine talent. Great fun with the machine gun English he uses in interviews (flat out like his driving). A star!