Toyota return to Sportscars (incl. Le Mans 2012)

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
jakelewismclaren
jakelewismclaren

Re: Toyota return to Sportscars (incl. Le Mans 2012)

just seen a pic of inside, i see that they have done what McLaren did with the MP4-12C GT3, a Formula 1 Steering wheel, its got the McLaren Electronic Systems Display, i wonder if this means the TS030 has other mclaren bits like the ECU
TS030 Below
MP4-12C GT3 Below
Come On McLaren

aleks_ader

I m wondering why they dint use a flywheel energy storage system... That will ensure a more konstant performance due whole 24h of racing (no lost of storage power) and second one this system will be overall cheaper and lighter?
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

Pierce89

jakelewismclaren wrote:just seen a pic of inside, i see that they have done what McLaren did with the MP4-12C GT3, a Formula 1 Steering wheel, its got the McLaren Electronic Systems Display, i wonder if this means the TS030 has other mclaren bits like the ECU
TS030 Below
MP4-12C GT3 Below
I really doubt the sterring wheel display is from Mclaren. The Mclaren SECU is quite limited in what it can do compared to the freedom of LMP1. The SECU doesn't allow TC etc, while the LMP rules do.
It's just that as much electonic development as Toyota does, I figure every bit of this car is bespoke.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

RacingManiac
RacingManiac

Considering the car will be KERS equipped and might do a front axle dual electric motor setup, the ECU will have to handle a lot of that regen/torque vectoring business if that is allowed in the rule...

jakelewismclaren
jakelewismclaren

it looks like the wheel that was for the TF110
Come On McLaren