HRT 2012

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
wesley123
wesley123

Re: HRT F112 Cosworth

If i'm correct he is signed for Williams next year? So they actually would have to move
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

thestig84
thestig84

wesley123 wrote:If i'm correct he is signed for Williams next year? So they actually would have to move
No that was a rumour. He denied and thats a far as it went.

wesley123
wesley123

Oh my mistake then

cbbcisace
cbbcisace

I think HRT will have significant Spanish sponsorship. That's important. However, his biggest contribution will be in development of the car and development of the team in terms of processes and organization. PDLR is a smart guy and very personable. So he will be great for sponsor events. Also, he's been with McLaren for many years and he's learned a lot about how a top tier team operates. That information will be very valuable to HRT, as long as Dr Kolles is open to the input.

I would also be willing to bet that we will see HRT doing a technical support deal with McLaren like Force India and Virgin at some point in the not too distant future.

Tyler
Tyler

wesley123 wrote:
JGomezH wrote:Pedro de la Rosa will drive for HRT F1 Team in 2012
Seriously?

By this way they will never make it from the back of the grid. Nice for Pedro but not good for HRT(well probably it is for their pockets), Pedro adds nothing to the team. Yes he is a good test driver but that is about it, in my opinion he will add nothing more to the development of the car or team.

I certainly do not hope this is the case, but it seems Thesan is filling their pockets, dropping the team in a factory and then selling the place. If Kolles didnt head for Williams they probably didnt move to the factory in the first place.
I always thought de la Rosa was an excellent development driver - am I wrong?
He certainly is, in my opinion, a step up from some of their past drivers.

wesley123
wesley123

I too think he is a good development driver, but on race pace he is just bad. And for the amounts of development they really do I doubt it makes a real difference to put in a young face or put an older driver in the car. If they keep riccardio he will simply outpace De La rosa and by half the season De LA rosa is sacked

cbbcisace
cbbcisace

Personally since I don't think the team will change driver for 2012 once they are in place.

hrt
hrt

cbbcisace wrote:I think HRT will have significant Spanish sponsorship. That's important. However, his biggest contribution will be in development of the car and development of the team in terms of processes and organization. PDLR is a smart guy and very personable. So he will be great for sponsor events. Also, he's been with McLaren for many years and he's learned a lot about how a top tier team operates. That information will be very valuable to HRT, as long as Dr Kolles is open to the input.

I would also be willing to bet that we will see HRT doing a technical support deal with McLaren like Force India and Virgin at some point in the not too distant future.
I absolutely agree, Pedro is the second driver more recognized In Spain, it will be a guarantee for the sponsors.
wesley123 wrote:De LA rosa is sacked
That is bullshit man

Scorpaguy

PDLR is past it...way past it. Way better drivers and testers out there (no disrespect as Pedro was a solid guy in his time). This is simply about money....evidently HRT is willing to sell their soul for a bit of cash. I do not think this bodes well for the future of HRT....dont look for improvement....hope for survival.

Things like this make me want to drop the wind tunnels and rich boys and get back to manufacturer based teams. Of all the recent upstarts...only Super Aguri had class (and he knew when to throw in the towel).

Fil

Scorpaguy wrote:PDLR is past it...way past it. Way better drivers and testers out there
Is that why McLaren took him back multiple times, as soon as they possibly could?

There's no argument that he's not quick in race-trim, he's proven that at Sauber recently.

But as a development driver, he seems to be among the best out there. And has consistently been regarded as the benchmark for almost a decade.

Clearly HRT is in no position to concern themselves with results, they need progress & development.
The team will need as much solid, consistent technical feedback that they can get. And the McLaren-based experience that De La Rosa offers will be pure gold for the young team.

In my mind, HRT couldn't have picked a better-suited driver for their situation.
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

hrt
hrt

Scorpaguy wrote:PDLR is past it...way past it. Way better drivers and testers out there (no disrespect as Pedro was a solid guy in his time). This is simply about money....evidently HRT is willing to sell their soul for a bit of cash. I do not think this bodes well for the future of HRT....dont look for improvement....hope for survival..
Ok I do understand that you think that De La Ros is past and is a tester driver, everyone has an opinion about each driver, but I do not understand that you really think that he is in the team for his money, who bring more money karthikeyan or him???? Pedro is a dream for us for the fans and the team, he is not there for his money.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

I think its showing a sign of progress fir Hispania. De La Rosa wont get the best results thats for sure, as in 2010 he was in a average finishing posistion of 16.5 whilst being up to 3.34% off Pole in quali trim. He is as good at Quali as Sutil, Petrov, Alguersauri and Buemi on 2010 pace.

His depth of knowlege is vast, and for a team like Hispania will be invaluable. He will be able to develop the car much quicker than drivers with not even a tenth of his distance in a F1 car and some of those drivers will have more races than DLR.

If they keep Liuzzi as well, they will both be able to develop the car much quicker than what they have been able to in the past. Last year they had 2 rookies in Senna and Chandhok with some experience from Yamamotto and Klien for some development, but this wasnt good enough, their drives flattered the car and the car flattered their drives due to the fact the Virgin VR-01 was such a poor car. This year they have had a poor car but that have had a good driver in Liuzzi and with Karthekeyn a seat blocker with finance to keep things afloat, then Riccardo to also keep the team afloat and get him experience in F1. This year the car hasnt flattered and the drives havnt flattered, just a lucky P13 at canada decived their real posistion.

The other thing about this is, with the Valencia base and a posible tie in with Barwa Addax GP2 team, and the new Spanish government im now expecting money to flow into this team all due to half a dozen high profile spanish companies that need a presence in sport to break out of the spanish market. Also id look at Repsol also being press ganged into a sponsorsship as well.

I think that Hispania will be better funded in the future, probably up to the same value of what Team Lotus/Caterham are at €120m a year, with good facilities and technichal alliances. I just think now they are relising they need a couple of good proven drivers to develop and exploit every avenue of the car and team they can. I think Hispania will develop next year, can they catch up to Caterham, doubt it, but i also think they will be where Marussia will be next year, being a constant thorn in their side.

hrt
hrt

Yea I also hear about the possible tie in with Barwa Adaxx Gp2, I hear that Closs is going to be the 3 driver in 2012 and competing in this team triying to win the Gp2 and in 2013 come up to F1,by the way is excellent to have de la rosa and the team said that we are going to know the second driver after brazil race.

hrt
hrt

Looks like we are gong to be in the pre-season, also its looks so Much better than 2010, when they didnt have the drivers :o !!! We can say that Thesan is doing a great job, who do u think that is going to be the second driver?? For me the best one is one from redbull or Liuzzi.

cbbcisace
cbbcisace

Re: Hispania Racing Team

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/175309/1/c ... _2012.html

Points on the article:-

- Clos will be involved with the team from 2012 onwards.
- 2nd driver announced in next 2/3 weeks.
- New owners trying to break the "Hispania Racing" image.
- 45 new team personnel added to Valencia base.
- Colin Kolles is now only the TP and not the person with all the contracts for team personnel/trucks/equipment etc.
- 60/70% of team by next year will be Spanish.