HRT 2012

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
JGomezH
JGomezH

Re: Hispania Racing Team

CARLOS NUNES last role was TECHNICAL DIRECTOR in BARWA ADDAX team

xpensive
xpensive

hrt wrote:Colin Kolles is out!!!!This is starting to work:)

http://www.hispaniaracing.com/news.php?nid=609
Perhaps Colin Kolles' (Calin Colesnic) biggest asset was sharing his ethnical background with Alex Schneider?

I wonder if he still keeps his dentist-practice?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

WhiteBlue

I don't think that this is good news for the team. Kolles has a proven track record which isn't true for the guy who replaces him. Joe Saward called it going nowhere and I agree. At the top of the business and of engineering you need a certain amount of people who know their way around the bushes. USF1 or team Prost are good examples how not to do it. Even Ferrari cannot survive without regular injections of F1 resources from other countries which usually means Britain. Spain and HRT have no chance if they continue the all Spanish approach.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

aleks_ader

WhiteBlue wrote:

I don't think that this is good news for the team. Kolles has a proven track record which isn't true for the guy who replaces him. Joe Saward called it going nowhere and I agree. At the top of the business and of engineering you need a certain amount of people who know their way around the bushes. USF1 or team Prost are good examples how not to do it. Even Ferrari cannot survive without regular injections of F1 resources from other countries which usually means Britain. Spain and HRT have no chance if they continue the all Spanish approach.
Finnacially NO, but i mean that tehnicaly they could compete with Eng and ITA teams!!
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

CHT
CHT

aleksandergreat wrote:
WhiteBlue wrote:

Finnacially NO, but i mean that tehnicaly they could compete with Eng and ITA teams!!
you probably still need a Brit to find that loophole in the FIA technical regulation because it is written in English.

cbbcisace
cbbcisace

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate ... 1324229228

Varlion - new clothing sponsors for engineers/mechanics/drivers.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

cbbcisace wrote:http://translate.google.co.uk/translate ... 1324229228

Varlion - new clothing sponsors for engineers/mechanics/drivers.
Probably a deaL worth €1.5m in cash and €3.5m in non cash id recon, probably simmilar to what MacGreggor is with Williams, Hacket to Caterham and Henri Lloyd has at Mercedes AMG. More or less every team up and down the drid has a deal like this now, a deal for clothing and a deal for overalls, id recon that they will stay with OMP for 2012 for their overalls.

It shows that they are moving forward, slowly, all they need is a couple of quality and reconiseable brands to sponsor them. If they could entice Repsol into F1 with a €20m a year deal i think this would be forward thinking for the team. However i dont think this will happen any time soon.

cbbcisace
cbbcisace

We will have to see if van der Garde is signed as second driver then would McGregor be a bit upset that HRT are using Varlion as clothing sponsor?

WhiteBlue

http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews ... 12905.html

This sounds as bad as I thought. The team has no headquarter, they lost a huge chunk of personal resources. The management sits in Valencia and the technical staff in Munich. The team principal has no clue if they can get the cars ready for the first race and says that they are prepared to take a step back from last place on the grid.

All of this sounds like USF1 over again. When Kolles stepped in two years ago he had a complete organization in place and an existing network of suppliers. He managed to get on the grid by the skin of his teeth.

Perez-Sala has none of this AFAIK. He says that they must recruit a lot of people. Most likely he refers to Kolles people who will not be available after they fired him. It sounds more like a nightmare to me than a team. I do understand that they hired De la Rosa. He may have a personal address book full of current F1 people who can be approached for jobs. But how do you lure them to a team that does exist only on paper and in the heads of some people?
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

marcush.
marcush.

No frontrunning team would consider something like this .To even consider a restructure at exactly the time your business should be buzzing with jobs to be done to get everything ready for the first race is just a joke.
It never is convenient ,but why not build the new headquarter and switch to the new entity after the flyaway races ? That way you have enough time to relocate and hire new people and let the guys do the do.HRT without Kolles is dead again but let´s give Sala some credit and hoipefully Kolles has left the table only after doing all the work to get the car ready for 2012.

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

It seems they are going to struggle to get to the grid. A shame..but nationalism and a relocation to Spain is not going to make things better, at least in the short term.
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

Trocola
Trocola

Re: HRT F112 Cosworth (pre-launch speculation)

element wrote:
cbbcisace wrote: I hear and this is strictly rumour that Banco Popular stickers may be on the car soon, that why the red is on the car..
Nice finding!, the livery absolutely matches Banco Popular web site/corporate colors :o

They have put money already in recognizable spanish faces like Pau Gasol, I quickly checked and is not like they are expanding internationally like other spanish banks, but they seem focused on developing eastern european countries, I really hope we see the agreement on time for Australia.

It seems that Banco Popular was the main creditor for the previous owner, so the pieces seem to click, I hope it gets done and HRT starts having some cash flow.
Luis Perez Sala is nephew of former Banco Popular CEO (president) for 30 years

Trocola

MIKEY_!

WHY DID THEY KILL OFF THAT AMAZING 2011 LIVERY?!?!?!?!?!

MIKEY_!

I loved it

bhall
bhall

Air flow under the car is totally overrated!

This is good. I needed a car on the grid this year that's uglier than the Ferrari.

That said, this is probably quicker. (Even though I cannot discern any semblance of a design philosophy here.)