HRT 2012

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Trocola
Trocola

Re: HRT F112 Cosworth

NathanOlder wrote:HRT pass FIA checks, but wont be running in FP1

edit. Although Narain is out on the track now ?!?
Dani Clos says that Pedro's car could do some laps on this FP1. Narain's car seems ok

Trocola

element
element

Narain car stopped due emergency shutdown of the engine, oil temperature too high. Not a good sign during a slow lap, but that may be the cause, lack of airflow...

Polishboy808
Polishboy808

From what I understand, they didn't have enough/any oil in the car.... I hope thats not true.

Spencifer_Murphy

Polishboy808 wrote:From what I understand, they didn't have enough/any oil in the car.... I hope thats not true.
Maybe too little oil perhaps? To have no oil at all would not only be a really stupid mistake (which can happen of course - remember when Williams left Juan Pablo Montoya's car up on jacks for the race start at Spa one year?! LOL) but also with NO oil at all I don't think they'd have been able to start the engine.

The engines are built to such small tolerances that the pistons won't move until the engine is pre-heated...without oil I think (but I could be wrong) the engine wouldn't start.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

Petroltorque
Petroltorque

I agree with the above post. It may have been a case of not enough oil rather than non at all. In the past it was the practice to overfill the oil tank, hence the ominous blue smoke early on suggesting there was an engine problem.
The HRT still looks unfinished, missing barge boards from the sidepods and the front wing is Hungary last year.
They need to bite the bullet and hire an experienced TD to sort the issues with this car. I would suggest even with running next week they're going to struggle to qualify in Sepang.

RicME85

I read that it was low fuel pressure that caused the issue

poloHRT

Petroltorque wrote:I agree with the above post. It may have been a case of not enough oil rather than non at all. In the past it was the practice to overfill the oil tank, hence the ominous blue smoke early on suggesting there was an engine problem.
The HRT still looks unfinished, missing barge boards from the sidepods and the front wing is Hungary last year.
They need to bite the bullet and hire an experienced TD to sort the issues with this car. I would suggest even with running next week they're going to struggle to qualify in Sepang.
Missing bargeboards? They where there at Melbourne.

MIKEY_!

So is it a car problem or a driver problem? This car is missing so many bits that I have to think it's the car. Pedro is not that slow.

element
element

No hydraulics, meaning no power steering, no DRS... in that conditions, is really hard. Obviously a long way to go, the only positive, even with all that issues and almost no testing, they are not far from the Marussias.

cbbcisace
cbbcisace

Both Cars has no DRS or Power Steering... can see why they where so far off the pace..

sesku
sesku

This letter is computer-generated ; no signature is required.

PhillipM
PhillipM

Really element? 2-3 seconds behind them when they also had no testing, and appear to have a reliable car? I'm not sure that counts as 'not far behind'

Joie de vivre

thank god for not letting them race

this car is disaster, just like whole team

employ smart people, copy smart ideas, buy stuff from others if you don't know how to make something by yourself
Last edited by Joie de vivre on 17 Mar 2012, 13:03, edited 1 time in total.

stefan_
stefan_

That is a good decision and I was waiting for it. All the respect for the guys who worked hard to put the car together, but it is an embarrassment on 4 wheels wich was in everybody's way and all over the track. They should race that car in GP2.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

element
element

As much as I hate it, I agree they should not run. But I think you guys are doing assessments way too early. Disaster car and team, GP2 like...
Last two years they started as badly, yet not being the worst at the end, this is a long season that just started. Is Kimi a disgrace that should run in GP2? Is Ferrari a disaster team with a disaster car that should employ smart people and copy others?

I see potential improvement in the car, I might be wrong, but we all know by the time F1 hits Europe.