Brazilian GP 2011 - Interlagos

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Traction

Re: Brazilian GP 2011 - Interlagos

Logic tells me that RB would rather have a 3rd place than a 4rh place...
Generally I don't care about what people say. I have to be clear with myself. When everything goes well, people celebrate you, when you make mistakes people criticize you.
Sebastian Vettel

ringo

watch 1:32 onward.
Listen to the damning words:

"The engine is hot ..Back off!! You need to Back off from Sebastian!!"
Stand down... Back off you hard of hearing son of a gun!!"

http://www.formula1.com/video/race_edits/

They took his win from him last year. Webber took what was rightfully his this year.
For Sure!!

raymondu999

Mr Alcatraz wrote:Webber for taking that car and crushing the 5th fastest car by one point, for third place in the WDC :lol:
5th? Alonso is in the 3rd fastest car...
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

DRCorsa
DRCorsa

ringo wrote:watch 1:32 onward.
Listen to the damning words:

"The engine is hot ..Back off!! You need to Back off from Sebastian!!"
Stand down... Back off you hard of hearing son of a gun!!"

http://www.formula1.com/video/race_edits/
Do you claim that Webber's engine overheating was manufactured?

WhiteBlue

For me the wrong man won, if you go by personal performance. On the other hand Webber had enough bad luck this season. So Vettel's technical glitches in Abu Dhabi and Interlagos were a bit of an equalizer for him. This time Mark fought his way up to P2 in qualifying which he did not do consistently this year and was in a perfect position to capitalize from Vettel's gearbox problem. So he deserved to win this race.

I think it is nonsense to call this team order. Webber did not benefit in the championship against Button and Alonso. So Red Bull had no reason to issue team orders, but they had a perfect reason to worry about the loss of a one-two finish if Vettel and Webber had fought very hard on track. Vettel did the right thing to concede the position to Webber and give his team a perfect finish.

Senna and Schumacher got it both wrong and both suffered. It was not necessary to have two collisions in one corner. Particularly the second could have been avoided. I hate to see Michael getting involved in such actions. It is nice to see that he is still 100% committed but one has to ask the question why he does not use his considerable advantage of experience to keep out of collisions. Button is a guy who demonstrates that skill and he gets a lot of respect for it.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

ringo

No, i was claiming that traction and raymond need to apply the same level of scrutiny.
But if it was manufactured, it would have been more feasible than what happened today.
For Sure!!

raymondu999

ringo wrote:No, i was claiming that traction and raymond need to apply the same level of scrutiny.
But if it was manufactured, it would have been more feasible than what happened today.
That comment was slightly out of context. Yes he was told to back off from Sebastian. That is irrefutable. His backing off however was to get out of the hot dirty air.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

kakogohrena
kakogohrena

Mr Alcatraz

raymondu999 wrote:
Mr Alcatraz wrote:Webber for taking that car and crushing the 5th fastest car by one point, for third place in the WDC :lol:
5th? Alonso is in the 3rd fastest car...
The F150 slots in as the 5th fastest car on the grid right behind the two McLarens, and two RB's That is what I meant!
Last edited by Mr Alcatraz on 27 Nov 2011, 20:40, edited 2 times in total.
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

DRCorsa
DRCorsa

ringo wrote:No, i was claiming that traction and raymond need to apply the same level of scrutiny.
Why is that?
Logic says that if one of these 2 cases was manufactured, it would probably be the one today. Webber could take the 3rd place only by winning the race, while Vettel had nothing to lose being a world champion already.
Last edited by DRCorsa on 27 Nov 2011, 20:40, edited 1 time in total.

raymondu999

Corsa - to be fair last year the championship was at stake too last year.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

ringo

WhiteBlue wrote:
Senna and Schumacher got it both wrong and both suffered. It was not necessary to have two collisions in one corner. Particularly the second could have been avoided. I hate to see Michael getting involved in such actions. It is nice to see that he is still 100% committed but one has to ask the question why he does not use his considerable advantage of experience to keep out of collisions.
But you know,

I can bet Vettel's transmission oil that if Senna had changed his wing, he would not have been penalized.
It was the fact that he did not change the wing that the Stewards realize that he didn't suffer any losses. They like to play god, the stewards do, when it comes to balancing out bad luck.
They wanted Senna to suffer the same as Micheal regardless. A wing change by renault would have soften the stewards hearts.
I notice this is how they operate. They look on who loses out independent of who is to be blamed for the collision.
For Sure!!

raymondu999

That's an interesting thought ringo. Where else have you noticed this? The only one that comes to my mind is Rubens Barrichello on his (somewhat idiotic) dive into Rosberg's sidepod back in Melbourne. Button on Alonso in Canada (when they made contact, and Alonso got beached) would be something of a counter example though.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Mr Alcatraz

WhiteBlue wrote: Webber did not benefit in the championship against Button and Alonso.
He finnished with 258 points to Alonso's 257.
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

DRCorsa
DRCorsa

raymondu999 wrote:Corsa - to be fair last year the championship was at stake too last year.
I don't claim that Webber's overheating was not fake. I am trying to "understand" why Vettel's gearbox problem was necessarily true.