Brazilian GP 2011 - Interlagos

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
raymondu999

Re: Brazilian GP 2011 - Interlagos

Webber didn't get an advantage over Button, but he did get one over Alonso in any case. I find it quite interesting that Alonso, Webber and Button all outscored their 2010 standings.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Giblet
Giblet

DRCorsa wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:Corsa - to be fair last year the championship was at stake too last year.
I don't claim that Webber's overheating was not fake. I am trying to "understand" why Vettel's gearbox problem was necessarily true.

Its what we call the burden of proof. If you make an accusation, then it is up to you to prove it, not up the accused of defending baseless accusations. Saying something 'could be' is not enough of a reason and makes it baseless. Red Bull was completely open on the radio the entire time the car was having 'alleged' issues, so until someone ponies up a shred of evidence, then there is little to discuss.

Something being possible does not make it so.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

DRCorsa
DRCorsa

Giblet wrote:
DRCorsa wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:Corsa - to be fair last year the championship was at stake too last year.
I don't claim that Webber's overheating was not fake. I am trying to "understand" why Vettel's gearbox problem was necessarily true.

Its what we call the burden of proof. If you make an accusation, then it is up to you to prove it, not up the accused of defending baseless accusations. Saying something 'could be' is not enough of a reason and makes it baseless. Red Bull was completely open on the radio the entire time the car was having 'alleged' issues, so until someone ponies up a shred of evidence, then there is little to discuss.

Something being possible does not make it so.
I am not making any accusation. I just noticed a possibility. Why? Just because Webber took the 3rd place in championship because of this gearbox "problem".
How can i accuse anyone without having evidence in my hands?
But that's how investigations are working. If you don't notice a possibility you are not going to continue with an investigation as well. And an investigation is the road to truth, isn't it?
If all things in life were working by just believing people's words, police detectives would have been unemployed... :lol:
Last edited by DRCorsa on 27 Nov 2011, 21:04, edited 1 time in total.

ringo

Why doubt it?

What does redbull earn from letting webber win?

why costantly tell vettel to slow down, even when webber is long gone and button hot on his heels?
For Sure!!

WhiteBlue

Mr Alcatraz wrote:
WhiteBlue wrote: Webber did not benefit in the championship against Button and Alonso.
He finnished with 258 points to Alonso's 257.
That may be technically correct but I don't see it as a strong enough motivation to fake a gear box problem. For Webber to move from 4th to 3rd Red Bull would not risk the wrath of their double WDC star.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

raymondu999

ringo wrote:What does redbull earn from letting webber win?
3rd place in the drivers, and maybe repair some confidence in Mark.
ringo wrote:why costantly tell vettel to slow down, even when webber is long gone and button hot on his heels?
Button's charge was too little too late
WhiteBlue wrote:
Mr Alcatraz wrote:
WhiteBlue wrote: Webber did not benefit in the championship against Button and Alonso.
That may be technically correct but I don't see it as a strong enough motivation to fake a gear box problem. For Webber to move from 4th to 3rd Red Bull would not risk the wrath of their double WDC star.
WB if you were talking about 4th vs 5th then I'd agree. But 3rd vs 4th in the WDC - means being acknowledged or not (3rd gets a trophy - 4th doesn't).
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

ringo

Conclusion:

Sutil driver of the race. Give him Massa's seat for 2012!!

Webber kicked Vettel's but, case close. End of season.
See you next year folks!! :lol:
For Sure!!

DRCorsa
DRCorsa

ringo wrote:Why doubt it?

What does redbull earn from letting webber win?
They earn the 3rd place in the championship for their "second" driver.
It certainly is better for RedBull now that Webber is 3rd, than Alonso, don't you think?

Giblet
Giblet

DRCorsa wrote:
If all things in life were working by just believing people's words, police detectives would have been unemployed... :lol:
Police detectives investigate crimes. They don't show up random people's houses who just had transmission failures and look for deeper wrong doing :)

In all seriousness, why would RB hide something like that in plain site when its completely legal to let give team orders?
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

DRCorsa
DRCorsa

Giblet wrote:
DRCorsa wrote:
Police detectives investigate crimes. They don't show up random people's houses who just had transmission failures and look for deeper wrong doing :)
:lol:
Funny but still wrong..
Giblet wrote:In all seriousness, why would RB hide something like that in plain site when its completely legal to let give team orders?
"Ceasar's wife must be above suspicion"
That's why.

PlatinumZealot

ringo wrote:I think Hamilton is on a ran setup. He's usually closer to the redbulls in qualifying.
I think his gearbox was starting to die in Qualifying then it gave up the ghost in the race. Only makes sense now.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

WhiteBlue

ringo wrote:Conclusion: ... Webber kicked Vettel's but, case close. ...
I nominate ringo for the "joker of the race" award.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

raymondu999

n smikle wrote:
ringo wrote:I think Hamilton is on a ran setup. He's usually closer to the redbulls in qualifying.
I think his gearbox was starting to die in Qualifying then it gave up the ghost in the race. Only makes sense now.
In qualifying? What happened in qualifying? I don't remember anything funky with his gearbox...
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Mr Alcatraz

WhiteBlue wrote:
Mr Alcatraz wrote:
WB I was simply correcting an erroneous statement you made that's all. Did I state anything in that post that was not the straight forward truth?
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

beelsebob
beelsebob

raymondu999 wrote:
n smikle wrote:
In qualifying? What happened in qualifying? I don't remember anything funky with his gearbox...
I think he's speculating that sluggish up/downshifts might explain why he seemed to drop performance between practice and qualifying.