Sky Sports F1 HD

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Gridlock

Re: Sky Sports F1 HD

Can you get the channel via Sky on Xbox360? Can't get a dish and don't want to get every single sports channel on Virgin just to get a SD version.

beelsebob
beelsebob

\o/ my work signed up to a crazy plan that includes the F1. Looks like I'm going to be in the office at the weekends.

Gridlock

Any vacancies? :D

jordangp

Gridlock wrote:Can you get the channel via Sky on Xbox360? Can't get a dish and don't want to get every single sports channel on Virgin just to get a SD version.
I sincerely hope so, as this is my plan for the year.

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

If you already get sky sports OR the HD pack then you get it. Otherwise, I don't reckon you do.. It is not a "free" channel like Sky 1 is.
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

jordangp

I'll be using someone elses Sky account that has this package, does that mean it will be available on Xbox 360 though?

Gridlock

I was going to sign up as a new subscriber to the Xbox service, but I can't find anywhere that says whether this counts as a HD package, or whether even the SD version is included.

This all goes to demonstrate that frankly, piracy is about convenience in 99% of cases. And that Virgin Media blow goats. And Sky needs better copy writers.

I think if you are using their package, you get everything. In your case the Xbox will just be like another Sky box.

thestig84
thestig84

Gridlock wrote:I was going to sign up as a new subscriber to the Xbox service, but I can't find anywhere that says whether this counts as a HD package, or whether even the SD version is included.

This all goes to demonstrate that frankly, piracy is about convenience in 99% of cases. And that Virgin Media blow goats. And Sky needs better copy writers.

I think if you are using their package, you get everything. In your case the Xbox will just be like another Sky box.
Im not sure you have it quite right. The Sky on Xbox will use the SkyGO app. The app is different from a sky box, it only has a selection of channels (max 30ish channels). The selection includes SkyF1HD from next friday. Its a pretty smooth app. I have watched football on it the last few weeks. It does buffer now and again but far more reliable than an internet feed also non HD.

I think it is a quite ridiculous £35 per month for a login to use on the app. I have just borrowed my mates SkyID log in, works a treat.

WhiteBlue

ScuderiaAlonso wrote:.. didn't Sky Germany end up giving up their coverage because the viewing stats were crap compared to that of RTL? Can't remember where I saw it, but surely if the same thing happened here Sky would relinquish it..?
You got that wrong. I have a German Sky subscription and they are preparing to show all races in HD as they did last year. It is not particularly expensive either. They wanted to charge me €56/month from €30/month last year but I terminated my subsription. They then offered me the same for €34/month which I accepted.

That package includes all movies and all Sport including F1 excluding German Football League in HD. I have a satellite subscription but it is also available via cable in Germany. There is also a GO option in the package. It means I can receive the races also with one computer, my iPhone or by iPad if I had one. I have tested Go by watching movies and it is not as good in terms of picture quality as TV. I get GO via my internet connection which is pretty fast at 30 Mbit/s download speed.

The GO service is restricted to Germany for me. They do evaluate your IP address and that the customer ID you use is not already using the service. If one of the tests fails the download simply refuses to commence. But you can set one channel on your satellite TV for instance to the pitlane channel or cockpit channel and have the standard channel on your GO device. I will experiment with that.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Princey

This is going to be the opening credits for the Sky Shows.. Bbc used this song for the 2010 season ending montage. I think it F1 footage nicely, It's got some pretty cool old F1 footage and I think it said it had most of the previous 32 world champions within the opening credits.

I posted it for people to have a watch but also I wondered if anyone could tell me what the story is behind the clip at '23' seconds in? the scene with the driver hitting his head on the Lotus Tyre. Thanks :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw-hqrZL ... OSoF94aeud[/youtube]
Don't Kanye me. Or I'll Chris Brown you and Tiger Woods your mother.

markc

Deffo Mansell from helmet and JPS Lotus car.
He collapsed after pushing the car over the line due to transmission failure. He had led the 1/2 the race.
more here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984_Dallas_Grand_Prix
and here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigel_Mansell
search collapse

jordangp

That eye thing at the start and ending is an idea taken from the intro of F1 World Grand Prix. Only this time it's Sebastien Vettel rather than Mika Hakkinen.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFyXx0s904U[/youtube]

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Mmmm, so got to pay £18 per race to watch the entire season on Sky HD? Mmmm, thanks but no thanks Sky.

I guess I'll watch half of the season in full and half as "extended highlights" on the BBC (presumably Sky wouldn't let the BBC get away with showing the whole race later) for the same rip-off TV licence fee as before.

Or perhaps I'll find something else to do with Sunday afternoons this summer. Hope we have a great summer in that case! [-o<
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Princey

markc wrote:Deffo Mansell from helmet and JPS Lotus car.
He collapsed after pushing the car over the line due to transmission failure. He had led the 1/2 the race.
more here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984_Dallas_Grand_Prix
and here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigel_Mansell
search collapse
Cheers for that I will have a read :)
Don't Kanye me. Or I'll Chris Brown you and Tiger Woods your mother.

NathanOlder

Just_a_fan wrote:Mmmm, so got to pay £18 per race to watch the entire season on Sky HD? Mmmm, thanks but no thanks Sky.

I guess I'll watch half of the season in full and half as "extended highlights" on the BBC (presumably Sky wouldn't let the BBC get away with showing the whole race later) for the same rip-off TV licence fee as before.

Or perhaps I'll find something else to do with Sunday afternoons this summer. Hope we have a great summer in that case! [-o<
£1 a day is too much for F1 in HD and 5.1 surround sound. 14 hours of live action at each race, almost double what the BBC had, 9 different camera angles via the red button. not to mention all the programmes sky will show during the week aswell as old races from previous years.

ALSO for you £1 a day, your get in HD - BBC, ITV1, ITV2, ITV3, ITV4, CH4, SKY1, CH5, Sky Living, Sky Atlantic, FX, SyFy, E4, Dave....... (and more)

Plus many more Standard def channels.

ALL FOR £1 A DAY !! Id say thats bloody good value!
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC